Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Gas explosions. (For the brain dead)

On Monday, 15 February 2016 21:40:57 UTC, Vir Campestris wrote:
On 15/02/2016 07:31, harry wrote:

Well I expect being brain dead runs in the family.

http://meterboxesdirect.co.uk/produc...oor-550x383mm/

Well, despite being insulting it appears Harry might have a point.

That box is compliant with BS2499:2009 (note the date) which requires

"Ventilation for built-in and surface- mounted meter boxes is provided
at 2% of the plan area of the box and is distributed via 1% at high
level and 1% at low level. This may be via vents in the door or by
design where there is a purpose- built gap between the meter box door
and the housing to provide the relevant ventilation required (see
Figures 3 and 4 below). Ventilation for semi-concealed and universal
boxes needs to be a minimum of 6% of the plan area of the box. The
ventilation will be equally distributed around the edge of the box lid/door"

So it seems as though a meter box _installed_ _after_ _2009_ does need
ventilation.

I kind of feel I should, however, call him a liar, as he did me.

Pistols at dawn, sir?

Andy

I get fed up of corresponding with the brain dead.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 16/02/2016 10:32, harry wrote:
I get fed up of corresponding with the brain dead.

Then next time don't shout about your opinion, quote the regulations.
You'll gain respect that way.

Andy
--
ps with not of :P
Posted to uk.d-i-y

En el artículo , John
Rumm escribió:

Have you not seen harry's house?

He

http://i2.wp.com/viz.co.uk/wp-conten...1/Screen-Shot-
2014-11-04-at-12.47.39.png

or http://tinyurl.com/z2lfjll

--
(\_/)
(='.'=) Bunny says: Windows 10? Nein danke!

One here for brain dead Ozzies. harry UK diy 17 November 30th 15 09:15 PM
Brain Dead Telstra Home Repair 0 October 2nd 05 10:23 PM
Brain Dead Telstra Home Repair 0 October 2nd 05 10:13 PM
Brain Dead Telstra Home Repair 0 October 2nd 05 10:07 PM
Brain Dead Telstra Home Repair 0 October 2nd 05 09:55 PM