Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Another coal station bites the dust...

Fiddler's Ferry.

I worked in Runcorn, on the other side of the Mersey directly opposite
to the plant, for a few years.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england...yside-35486142

--
(\_/)
(='.'=) Bunny says: Windows 10? Nein danke!
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Mike Tomlinson wrote:

Fiddler's Ferry.

I worked in Runcorn, on the other side of the Mersey directly opposite
to the plant, for a few years.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england...yside-35486142

I remember one of the towers collapsed, and you could hear it across the
river. A weird rumbling noise, and you think WTF was that?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , Chris Hogg
writes
On Fri, 5 Feb 2016 08:41:30 +0000, Mike Tomlinson
wrote:

Fiddler's Ferry.

I worked in Runcorn, on the other side of the Mersey directly opposite
to the plant, for a few years.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england...yside-35486142

Sad, innit! Never mind, we can always import electric from that nice
Mrs Merkel, who makes it by burning filthy old brown coal.

I think the lunatics are running the asylum!

Meanwhile yet another useless windfarm in the North Sea is to get a
subsidy at twice the current market rate for electricity.
--
bert