Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT Civi;l Servants

For the first time ( and hopefully the last) I had to phone up the
pensions service as I have not received my fuel allowance. What a waste
of space they are. After loads of questions they told me to send a
letter, surely they could have done that from the start.
So having wasted money on a phone call I now have to waste more on a
stamp. Why can they not have email contact of course that is too modern.
Get a grip. They never will as they are controlled by politicians whom
no one controls!
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Broadback
writes
For the first time ( and hopefully the last) I had to phone up the
pensions service as I have not received my fuel allowance.

Strangely, I had the opposite experience. Earlier last year, I received
a letter saying I would qualify for winter fuel allowance that year.
Phone a number for details. I did, and spoke to a very helpful chap who
took a few details, including my bank account number etc., then told me
to expect payment in November. Sure enough, payment arrived. I don't
know why - I thought I had to be 65 to qualify, but apparently not. I
do have to wait to 65 for state pension, though. Most odd.

--
Graeme
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 6 Jan 2016 16:30:47 +0000, News
wrote:

In message , Broadback
writes
For the first time ( and hopefully the last) I had to phone up the
pensions service as I have not received my fuel allowance.

Strangely, I had the opposite experience. Earlier last year, I received
a letter saying I would qualify for winter fuel allowance that year.
Phone a number for details. I did, and spoke to a very helpful chap who
took a few details, including my bank account number etc., then told me
to expect payment in November. Sure enough, payment arrived. I don't
know why - I thought I had to be 65 to qualify, but apparently not. I
do have to wait to 65 for state pension, though. Most odd.

It's like bus passes, you get it when you reach the state pension age
for women. A few years ago you'ld have got it at 60. In a few years
time you would get it when you get to 68, if it's still going then!
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Bill Taylor
writes
wrote:

Sure enough, payment arrived. I don't
know why - I thought I had to be 65 to qualify, but apparently not. I
do have to wait to 65 for state pension, though. Most odd.

It's like bus passes, you get it when you reach the state pension age
for women. A few years ago you'ld have got it at 60. In a few years
time you would get it when you get to 68, if it's still going then!

Trouble is, it is not like bus passes. I got the bus pass at 60, my
first winter fuel payment at 63 and I'll have to wait until 65 to
receive state pension. Another seventeen years and I'll get a free TV
licence :-)

--
Graeme
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
News wrote:
In message , Bill Taylor
writes
wrote:

Sure enough, payment arrived. I don't
know why - I thought I had to be 65 to qualify, but apparently not. I
do have to wait to 65 for state pension, though. Most odd.

It's like bus passes, you get it when you reach the state pension age
for women. A few years ago you'ld have got it at 60. In a few years
time you would get it when you get to 68, if it's still going then!

Trouble is, it is not like bus passes. I got the bus pass at 60, my
first winter fuel payment at 63 and I'll have to wait until 65 to
receive state pension. Another seventeen years and I'll get a free TV
licence :-)

I got my free tv licence this year - at 75.

--
Please note new email address:

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , charles
writes
In article ,
News wrote:

Trouble is, it is not like bus passes. I got the bus pass at 60, my
first winter fuel payment at 63 and I'll have to wait until 65 to
receive state pension. Another seventeen years and I'll get a free TV
licence :-)

I got my free tv licence this year - at 75.

Excellent! Only twelve years to wait, then :-)
--
Graeme
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wednesday, 6 January 2016 16:30:55 UTC, News wrote:
In message , Broadback
writes
For the first time ( and hopefully the last) I had to phone up the
pensions service as I have not received my fuel allowance.

Strangely, I had the opposite experience. Earlier last year, I received
a letter saying I would qualify for winter fuel allowance that year.
Phone a number for details. I did, and spoke to a very helpful chap who
took a few details, including my bank account number etc., then told me
to expect payment in November. Sure enough, payment arrived. I don't
know why - I thought I had to be 65 to qualify, but apparently not. I
do have to wait to 65 for state pension, though. Most odd.

--
Graeme

60 it is for Winter fuel allowance.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 06/01/2016 17:48, harry wrote:
On Wednesday, 6 January 2016 16:30:55 UTC, News wrote:
In message , Broadback
writes
For the first time ( and hopefully the last) I had to phone up the
pensions service as I have not received my fuel allowance.

Strangely, I had the opposite experience. Earlier last year, I received
a letter saying I would qualify for winter fuel allowance that year.
Phone a number for details. I did, and spoke to a very helpful chap who
took a few details, including my bank account number etc., then told me
to expect payment in November. Sure enough, payment arrived. I don't
know why - I thought I had to be 65 to qualify, but apparently not. I
do have to wait to 65 for state pension, though. Most odd.

--
Graeme

60 it is for Winter fuel allowance.

No, it's born on or before 5 January 1953.

Cheers
--
Syd
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Syd Rumpo
writes
On 06/01/2016 17:48, harry wrote:

60 it is for Winter fuel allowance.

No, it's born on or before 5 January 1953.

Correct! Illogical, but correct.
--
Graeme
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 6 Jan 2016 09:48:34 -0800 (PST), harry
wrote:

Strangely, I had the opposite experience. Earlier last year, I received
a letter saying I would qualify for winter fuel allowance that year.
Phone a number for details. I did, and spoke to a very helpful chap who
took a few details, including my bank account number etc., then told me
to expect payment in November. Sure enough, payment arrived. I don't
know why - I thought I had to be 65 to qualify, but apparently not. I
do have to wait to 65 for state pension, though. Most odd.

--
Graeme

60 it is for Winter fuel allowance.

Six days into this year and you write complete ******** on at least a
2nd subject.
Have you made a new year resolution to be even dafter than before.

This the date you have to born by to get the payment at present.
"You’ll qualify for Winter Fuel Payment if:
you were born on or before 5 January 1953 (for winter 2015 to 2016 -
this date changes every year)"

As stated on the Governments own web page about it.
https://www.gov.uk/winter-fuel-payment/eligibility

I suppose we will have the usual number of posts from you now claiming
you are right and everyone else is wrong including the Government,
before you start another topic on bus passes are still available to 60
year olds in Wales as a diversionary tactic to deflect people from
reading your stupidity.

It used to be 60 but people like yourself who got it when they could
easily afford to do without it have drained the pot,
Just like many other benefit scroungers even though you make out
you abhor such people. You should wear a shirt with Harry the
Hypocrite printed on it.

G.Harman

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message ,
harry writes
On Wednesday, 6 January 2016 16:30:55 UTC, News wrote:
Sure enough, payment arrived. I don't
know why - I thought I had to be 65 to qualify, but apparently not. I
do have to wait to 65 for state pension, though. Most odd.

60 it is for Winter fuel allowance.

I'm 63, and this is my first payment.

--
Graeme
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Yes, they claim to do alternative formats for letters, but a bit like
toothbrush holesmanship in Balham, it seems that the letters go into the
system for recording and seldom come out the other end and its only when
benefits stop that the blind or illiterate person is aware that they were
supposed to have had a letter.
You try convincing the herburt that their system is bust...
Brian

--
From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active
or what I say, you don't have to
"Broadback" wrote in message
For the first time ( and hopefully the last) I had to phone up the
pensions service as I have not received my fuel allowance. What a waste of
space they are. After loads of questions they told me to send a letter,
surely they could have done that from the start.
So having wasted money on a phone call I now have to waste more on a
stamp. Why can they not have email contact of course that is too modern.
Get a grip. They never will as they are controlled by politicians whom no
one controls!

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Brian-Gaff
writes
Yes, they claim to do alternative formats for letters, but a bit like
toothbrush holesmanship in Balham,

What? :-)
--
Chris French

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 06/01/16 18:51, Jonno wrote:
Broadback scribbled

For the first time ( and hopefully the last) I had to phone up the
pensions service as I have not received my fuel allowance. What a waste
of space they are. After loads of questions they told me to send a
letter, surely they could have done that from the start.
So having wasted money on a phone call I now have to waste more on a
stamp. Why can they not have email contact of course that is too modern.
Get a grip. They never will as they are controlled by politicians whom
no one controls!

https://www.gov.uk/winter-fuel-payment/how-to-claim

https://www2.dwp.gov.uk/tps-directgo...winterfuel.asp

The pension service spend all day trying to get old farts to understand
stuff. I've been told it does their heads in after they've repeated
themselves half a dozen times to some old fool who can't arsed to put
their hearing aid in or write down what they've been told.

What a serious piece of **** you really are.

I hope you end up deaf, incontinent and with senile dementia - I would
say and with no friends, but that's already true.

private property.

Karl Marx

Posted to uk.d-i-y

The Natural Philosopher wrote:
On 06/01/16 18:51, Jonno wrote:
Broadback scribbled

[...]

+1
What a turd this guy is.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Jonno wrote:
Mr Pounder Esquire scribbled

The Natural Philosopher wrote:
On 06/01/16 18:51, Jonno wrote:
Broadback scribbled

[...]

How many OAPs did you overcharge when you fixed their domestic
appliances?

None. They got a genuine discount from my list price. I showed them the
price list before I did the job.
Try harder, skid mark.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Jonno wrote:
Mr Pounder Esquire scribbled

The Natural Philosopher wrote:
On 06/01/16 18:51, Jonno wrote:
Broadback scribbled

[...]

Sure - and this wasn't you who posted this

###############

From: "Mr Pounder Esquire"
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Subject: How long does it take a locksmith to open a van with keys
locked inside?
Date: Sat, 2 Jan 2016 20:44:50 -0000
Richard wrote:
"soup" wrote in message ...

On 02/01/2016 11:38, MM wrote:
Amazon sent an emergency
locksmith, who arrived 10 minutes ago. I'm rather surprised that he
hasn't got it open yet!

What would you do ? Open it in two minutes and get just the
call-out fee or spin the job out to sixteen minutes and get the
call-out fee and the first part of an hour that you are able to
charge an entire hour for.

I'd do the job I was asked to do, without ripping off the customer.

Then, you would starve.

#######

I didn't have to try very hard did I.

You seem to have little idea of the world of business.
You seem to have little idea of the real world.
How is your life in your council flat these days?

From: "Mr Pounder Esquire"
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Subject: How long does it take a locksmith to open a van with
keys locked inside?
Date: Sat, 2 Jan 2016 20:44:50 -0000
Richard wrote:
"soup" wrote in message ...

On 02/01/2016 11:38, MM wrote:
Amazon sent an emergency
locksmith, who arrived 10 minutes ago. I'm rather surprised that
he hasn't got it open yet!

What would you do ? Open it in two minutes and get just the
call-out fee or spin the job out to sixteen minutes and get the
call-out fee and the first part of an hour that you are able to
charge an entire hour for.

I'd do the job I was asked to do, without ripping off the customer.

Then, you would starve.

#######

I didn't have to try very hard did I.

You seem to have little idea of the world of business.
You seem to have little idea of the real world.
How is your life in your council flat these days?

Changed your tune quickly eh. Overcharging and ripping off customers
is okay all of a sudden. If you had a better reputation, you'd not
have needed to stitch up customers, because you had so few. It's a
viscous circle once you **** people off. I bet you packed up when
the phone stopped ringing.

Nothing has changed, nothing will ever change in the real world. Get used to
that.
I asked how is life in your council flat. Well, how is it?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 06/01/16 22:21, Tim Streater wrote:
In article , Jonno
wrote:

It's a viscous circle once you **** people off.

"Viscous circle" ha ha I like that. 10-40 was it?

Hes been at the meths again

--
The biggest threat to humanity comes from socialism, which has utterly
diverted our attention away from what really matters to our existential

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 06/01/16 19:17, Jonno wrote:
The Natural Philosopher scribbled

On 06/01/16 18:51, Jonno wrote:
Broadback scribbled

[...]

Sorry, I hadn't realised I was discussing your problems.

That is because you were not.

The first piece of perception you got right, till you spoiled it.Sigh

and/or military consequences of the lie. It thus becomes vitally
important for the State to use all of its powers to repress dissent, for
the truth is the mortal enemy of the lie, and thus by extension, the
truth is the greatest enemy of the State.

Joseph Goebbels