Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Well - that was a mug full of fluff and crap...

6 year old bathroom fan was getting noisy - it's an in line (in duct)
Soler Palau - this one:

https://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/SLTD160.html

Thanks to the extremely well thought through design, if you undo the two
silver bands, it slides out from the duct without untaping any joints
(hoorah for good design).

Long story short - it was caked solid in moist fluff. Used a 1/2" paint
brush to clean about a mug full of ****e out and a balled up old short
on a long bit of oval conduit to push through both ducts to clear them out.

Back together, removed exit vent filter and let fan blow remaining crud
out vent and now it's as silent as the day it went in.

Given we have no carpets, I was amazed how much ****e was in there - and
very grateful I'd not used flexi ducting (except for a foot at the
fiddly exit end).
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 03/01/2016 00:59, Tim Watts wrote:
6 year old bathroom fan was getting noisy - it's an in line (in duct)
Soler Palau - this one:

https://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/SLTD160.html

Thanks to the extremely well thought through design, if you undo the two
silver bands, it slides out from the duct without untaping any joints
(hoorah for good design).

Long story short - it was caked solid in moist fluff. Used a 1/2" paint
brush to clean about a mug full of ****e out and a balled up old short
on a long bit of oval conduit to push through both ducts to clear them out.

Back together, removed exit vent filter and let fan blow remaining crud
out vent and now it's as silent as the day it went in.

Given we have no carpets, I was amazed how much ****e was in there - and
very grateful I'd not used flexi ducting (except for a foot at the
fiddly exit end).

Is this what you're like at the beginning of a new year? :-)
I upgraded our fan the week before Xmas with a Loovent so that there
wouldn't be any odd jobs left for January. If Xmas didn't exist, we'd
have to invent it.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

stuart noble wrote:
[...]

We do not have carpets but we do have a dust problem. .............well, not
really a problem.
It would seem that carpets absorb dust. I have to blow out the fans on my
computer at least twice per year.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 03/01/16 11:12, stuart noble wrote:
[...]

Nor normally -

But we were doing the floor (new boards, fixing joists) and we've made
it to the bit the fan lives under, so it seemed rude not to

I upgraded our fan the week before Xmas with a Loovent so that there
wouldn't be any odd jobs left for January. If Xmas didn't exist, we'd
have to invent it.

Who gives a crap? Steve B[_10_] Metalworking 0 December 13th 10 05:03 AM
Full Size Mattress - Find SALES on Full Size Mattresses [email protected] Home Ownership 0 May 7th 08 04:41 AM
Crap about crap flooding the newsgroups, floods the newsgroups! Twayne Woodworking 1 January 15th 08 05:26 AM
MI5 Crap Salmo Woodturning 1 January 2nd 08 08:19 PM
Weird white fur/fluff appearing on new plaster - what is it? Nick UK diy 4 June 23rd 07 09:15 AM