Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

Default Well OT - Disability

How disabled do you need to be to in order to get a free bus pass?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-somerset-34733630

and

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DHiEtmlJr6Q

--
Adam
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , ARW
writes
How disabled do you need to be to in order to get a free bus pass?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-somerset-34733630

and

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DHiEtmlJr6Q

In Cambridgeshire the criteria for physical disability include:

you are without the use of both arms
you qualify for the higher rate mobility component of the Disability
Living Allowance
you have been or would be refused a driving licence for medical reasons
you have a learning disability
you have a Personal Independence Payment (PIP) and been awarded at least
8 points against either the PIP 'Moving around' and/or 'Communicating
verbally' activities
you have a war pensioner's mobility supplement
you are an ex-service man or woman who has lost a leg

--
Chris French

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 07/11/2015 15:37, Chris French wrote:
In message , ARW
writes
How disabled do you need to be to in order to get a free bus pass?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-somerset-34733630

and

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DHiEtmlJr6Q

In Cambridgeshire the criteria for physical disability include:

you are without the use of both arms
you qualify for the higher rate mobility component of the Disability
Living Allowance
you have been or would be refused a driving licence for medical reasons
you have a learning disability
you have a Personal Independence Payment (PIP) and been awarded at least
8 points against either the PIP 'Moving around' and/or 'Communicating
verbally' activities
you have a war pensioner's mobility supplement
you are an ex-service man or woman who has lost a leg

I find it strange that these brave people spend all their energy
overcoming disability, then apply for help. do they wish to be treated
as different or not?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 07/11/2015 14:45, ARW wrote:
How disabled do you need to be to in order to get a free bus pass?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-somerset-34733630

and

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DHiEtmlJr6Q

Not very, seemingly - if you make enough fuss on social media.

This particular young lady is clearly more mobile that most people who
have got all their limbs!

[And, of course, once you reach a certain age, you don't have to be
disabled at all!]
--
Cheers,
Roger
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Saturday, 7 November 2015 15:40:29 UTC, Chris French wrote:
you are an ex-service man or woman who has lost a leg

But not anyeone else who has lost a leg?

Owain

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 07-Nov-15 2:45 PM, ARW wrote:
How disabled do you need to be to in order to get a free bus pass?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-somerset-34733630

and

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DHiEtmlJr6Q

Old age will do.

--
Old Codger
e-mail use reply to field

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Lots of things need to be standardised in this world. I mean taxi subsidies
are another variable feast. Often here in London we get the equivalent of a
short taxi trip there and back once a week each year, but in areas where thy
allow use of private hire, the subsidy can go further, or insome stingy
councils, they are much less, leaving it to charities and non profit
community transport to run it.

Brian

--
From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active
or what I say, you don't have to
"ARW" wrote in message
How disabled do you need to be to in order to get a free bus pass?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-somerset-34733630

and

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DHiEtmlJr6Q

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"ARW" wrote in message ...

How disabled do you need to be to in order to get a free bus pass?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-somerset-34733630

and

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DHiEtmlJr6Q

Well, she'd probably beat me in a race for the bus.

Everyone should get everything free.
Trouble is, there would be those who would say that they deserved to be paid
to get the free stuff.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

"Richard" wrote in message
"ARW" wrote in message ...

How disabled do you need to be to in order to get a free bus pass?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-somerset-34733630

and

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DHiEtmlJr6Q

Well, she'd probably beat me in a race for the bus.

Everyone should get everything free.
Trouble is, there would be those who would say that they deserved to be
paid to get the free stuff.

I had a look at going for that JSA the other day as I fancied a few extra
quid. After reading the small print it turned out I would have had to pack
work in and I would have been well over a couple of hundred quid a week
down.

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , Brian-Gaff
writes
Lots of things need to be standardised in this world. I mean taxi subsidies
are another variable feast. Often here in London we get the equivalent of a
short taxi trip there and back once a week each year, but in areas where thy
allow use of private hire, the subsidy can go further, or insome stingy
councils, they are much less, leaving it to charities and non profit
community transport to run it.

Brian

It's mostly only the metropolitan areas which can afford anything like
this because of the distorted system for local government grants. London
based central government thinks everyone else in the country gets the
same level of services which they don't.
--
bert