MillmoorRon

Default Washer/Dryer plumbing

Do modern washer/dryers require special plumbing or do they just
replace an ordinary washing machine?

Is Condensation a problem in a normally ventillated room?
John

We have had a washer dryer for about 12 months now. Normal plumbing on
mine, the evaporated moisture just goes down the washing m/c drainpipe. No
problem with condensation in our house and it has been used a lot recently
(two kiddies under 4 etc. etc.)

Hope that helps

John

Velvet

John wrote:

We have had a washer dryer for about 12 months now. Normal plumbing on
mine, the evaporated moisture just goes down the washing m/c drainpipe. No
problem with condensation in our house and it has been used a lot recently
(two kiddies under 4 etc. etc.)

Hope that helps

John

Same here, normal hot/cold feed to washing machine, condensate leaves
via the pump/drainpipe. Very handy, but if you dry fluffy stuff (or
even things you dont' think are fluffy) check the filter fairly
frequently. I find mine fills with fluff more often if I've dried stuff
rather than just washed stuff.

Velvet

Colin Wilson

Do modern washer/dryers require special plumbing or do they just
replace an ordinary washing machine?

We had a top of the range Hoover washer dryer.

Factor in it takes 2-3 times as long to dry the same amount of washing -
and that you can`t dry as much as you can wash in one cycle, you can`t
wash and dry at the same time, and the more complicated a machine gets,
the more likely it is to break down.

The lid didn`t get screwed back down on mine after the first 12 months
because there was an overheat cutout which took the heating element for
the dryer offline on almost every load. It had persistant "other" faults,
but luckily my dad`s a appliance repair guy :-)

We definitely don`t want to go back to "all in one" washer dryers again !

froggers

Default Washer/Dryers

We had our first Washer dryer for 20 years and were so pleased with
the fact it never broke down once, that when the heating elements
eventually corroded through and started blowing the trip, we decided
we had had enough life from it and not to start repairing it - so we bought
another of the same make and that has so far worked without fault
for 3.5 years, on average doing about 5 or 6 washes a week.
The dryer only gets used when necessary (not very often) but is very
useful when it is needed.

They have been Bosch, "near top of the range" machines at around
£600.

A friend has a 5 bedded B& B in France and this does about 7 loads
a day for about 150 days a year and at least one load a day outside
of this - this has been going for 3 years so far without fault.
This is a straight washing machine only - and its a Bosch Logixx
(or something like that)

Nick (no connection with Bosch or the trade)