Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default I've just seen a reply ..

I've just seen a reply to a topic I posted a few days ago (thank you Michael
Chare) but I can find no sign of the post itself. What's occuring?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Aioenews" wrote in message
I've just seen a reply to a topic I posted a few days ago (thank you
Michael Chare) but I can find no sign of the post itself. What's
occuring?

Oh, good grief, I've just found it - from "Aioe News"; I wasn't looking for
that !!

Well, I feel foolish, but grateful for ALL the replies which I have now read
using the link to Google Groups. I didn't realise the boiler had two
separate and isolated heat exchangers so that the heating and water were
different circuits. A moment's thought, of course, would uncover the reason
why, but clearly I wasn't thinking !!

The responder who said I was right to get a Plumber in was obviously spot on
with his reply. All I can do is plead old age and brain fade. Thanks for
all replies.

Mike.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 27/10/2015 14:32, Aioenews wrote:
"Aioenews" wrote in message
I've just seen a reply to a topic I posted a few days ago (thank you
Michael Chare) but I can find no sign of the post itself. What's
occuring?

Oh, good grief, I've just found it - from "Aioe News"; I wasn't looking for
that !!

Yup I guess that would throw you if you were looking for a different
name ;-)

Well, I feel foolish, but grateful for ALL the replies which I have now read
using the link to Google Groups. I didn't realise the boiler had two
separate and isolated heat exchangers so that the heating and water were
different circuits. A moment's thought, of course, would uncover the reason
why, but clearly I wasn't thinking !!

The two heat exchanges bit would apply if the boiler was a combi.
However since you mention the question about "why doesn't the hot water
come out of the taps at the same rate as the cold does?", it sounds like
you may have a "system" boiler (like a heating only one but with the
pump and various other bits built in) or a "heating only" boiler with a
separate cylinder for hot water?

If the latter, then your hot water is still likely gravity fed even if
the heating system itself is sealed. There is a second heat exchange
with a cylinder as well - however its built into the cylinder.

The responder who said I was right to get a Plumber in was obviously spot on
with his reply. All I can do is plead old age and brain fade. Thanks for
all replies.

Yeah well some folks have no sense of adventure ;-)

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Aioenews wrote in message

I've just seen a reply to a topic I posted a few days ago (thank you
Michael Chare) but I can find no sign of the post itself. What's
occuring?

Your usenet server is less reliable than the best of them.

ee's please reply - (or those who think think they may know) Tom Watson Woodworking 81 July 9th 07 09:58 PM
pls reply Yunus Woodworking 1 February 13th 07 09:02 PM
pls reply Yunus Woodworking 0 February 13th 07 05:12 PM
Reply brush7734 Metalworking 3 November 25th 05 02:49 AM
DO NOT REPLY TO 199,45... and it will end Battleax Woodworking 1 November 5th 05 11:07 AM