Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT; What is the world coming to?

Yesterday. 21st October. The media is full of articles celebrating a
date made famous in a mildly good film Back To The Future.

Not a mention of the Battle of Trafalgar 110 years ago, one of our
greatest naval victories and the reason we don't all speak French.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

David Lang wrote

Yesterday. 21st October. The media is full of articles celebrating a date
made famous in a mildly good film Back To The Future.

Not a mention of the Battle of Trafalgar 110 years ago, one of our
greatest naval victories and the reason we don't all speak French.

You lot didnt all speak french after the last time you lost to them,
Hastings.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 22/10/2015 19:48, Rod Speed wrote:
David Lang wrote

Yesterday. 21st October. The media is full of articles celebrating a
date made famous in a mildly good film Back To The Future.

Not a mention of the Battle of Trafalgar 110 years ago, one of our
greatest naval victories and the reason we don't all speak French.

You lot didnt all speak french after the last time you lost to them,
Hastings.

It was Senlac Hill and they were Norman, not French.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

David Lang wrote
Rod Speed wrote
David Lang wrote

Yesterday. 21st October. The media is full of articles celebrating a
date made famous in a mildly good film Back To The Future.

Not a mention of the Battle of Trafalgar 110 years ago, one of our
greatest naval victories and the reason we don't all speak French.

You lot didnt all speak french after the last time you lost to them,
Hastings.

It was Senlac Hill and they were Norman, not French.

They did speak french and didnt make everyone speak french.

Even if you lot had lost the Battle of Trafalgar, that wouldnt
have seen the french running that soggy little frigid island,
let alone have seen you all speaking french.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Rod Speed wrote:
David Lang wrote
Rod Speed wrote
David Lang wrote

Yesterday. 21st October. The media is full of articles
celebrating a date made famous in a mildly good film Back To The
Future.

Not a mention of the Battle of Trafalgar 110 years ago, one of our
greatest naval victories and the reason we don't all speak French.

You lot didn't all speak french after the last time you lost to
them, Hastings.

It was Senlac Hill and they were Norman, not French.

They did speak french and didn't make everyone speak french.

Even if you lot had lost the Battle of Trafalgar, that wouldn't
have seen the french running that soggy little frigid island,
let alone have seen you all speaking french.

There is more culture in a Petri dish than in the whole of your crawling
insect infested ******** of a nation.
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!ms...g/arbvFRAzMq0J

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 22/10/2015 21:27, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
Rod Speed wrote:
David Lang wrote
Rod Speed wrote
David Lang wrote

Yesterday. 21st October. The media is full of articles
celebrating a date made famous in a mildly good film Back To The
Future.

Not a mention of the Battle of Trafalgar 110 years ago, one of our
greatest naval victories and the reason we don't all speak French.

You lot didn't all speak french after the last time you lost to
them, Hastings.

It was Senlac Hill and they were Norman, not French.

They did speak french and didn't make everyone speak french.

Even if you lot had lost the Battle of Trafalgar, that wouldn't
have seen the french running that soggy little frigid island,
let alone have seen you all speaking french.

There is more culture in a Petri dish than in the whole of your crawling
insect infested ******** of a nation.
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!ms...g/arbvFRAzMq0J

What's the difference between Australia and a yoghurt?

If you leave it in the sun, a yoghurt will develop a culture.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 22/10/2015 21:11, Rod Speed wrote:
David Lang wrote
Rod Speed wrote
David Lang wrote

Yesterday. 21st October. The media is full of articles celebrating
a date made famous in a mildly good film Back To The Future.

Not a mention of the Battle of Trafalgar 110 years ago, one of our
greatest naval victories and the reason we don't all speak French.

You lot didnt all speak french after the last time you lost to them,
Hastings.

It was Senlac Hill and they were Norman, not French.

They did speak french and didnt make everyone speak french.

Their input changed the language completely.

Even if you lot had lost the Battle of Trafalgar, that wouldnt
have seen the french running that soggy little frigid island,
let alone have seen you all speaking french.

He would almost certainly have invaded England.

Mind you, he would probably still have sent all the crims & riff raff to Oz.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

David Lang wrote
Rod Speed wrote
David Lang wrote
Rod Speed wrote
David Lang wrote

Yesterday. 21st October. The media is full of articles celebrating
a date made famous in a mildly good film Back To The Future.

Not a mention of the Battle of Trafalgar 110 years ago, one of our
greatest naval victories and the reason we don't all speak French.

You lot didnt all speak french after the last time you lost to them,
Hastings.

It was Senlac Hill and they were Norman, not French.

They did speak french and didnt make everyone speak french.

Their input changed the language completely.

But they never did get the bulk of the population using the
fancy words they brought with them. The bulk of the population
continued to use the words they were using before they showed
up and it was only really the toffs that used their words much.

Even if you lot had lost the Battle of Trafalgar, that wouldnt
have seen the french running that soggy little frigid island,
let alone have seen you all speaking french.

He would almost certainly have invaded England.

It isn't that certain at all. And wouldnt have succeeded even if he had.

And wouldnt have seen everyone speaking french even if he had succeeded.

Mind you, he would probably still have sent all the crims & riff raff to
Oz.

Nope, they sent theirs to other places like Devils Island.
And never did that in anything like the volume britain did either.

And even if they had occupied that soggy little frigid island,
Oz would have still had the remnants of you lot in charge
in Oz, so the conquering frogs wouldnt have been able
to send anyone there.

And as the later result in Egypt showed, its unlikely the
frogs would have been able to do anything much.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 22/10/15 19:52, David Lang wrote:
On 22/10/2015 19:48, Rod Speed wrote:
David Lang wrote

Yesterday. 21st October. The media is full of articles celebrating a
date made famous in a mildly good film Back To The Future.

Not a mention of the Battle of Trafalgar 110 years ago, one of our
greatest naval victories and the reason we don't all speak French.

You lot didnt all speak french after the last time you lost to them,
Hastings.

It was Senlac Hill and they were Norman, not French.

And, actually, we DO speak French - of a sort. Or at least the *upper
classes* do, which is why pigs are swine, but pork is served.

Norman French and Latin are the language of the cultured classes, and
ignorant plebs talk a *******ised sort of Flemishy Danish.

--
Global warming is the new Margaret Thatcher. There is no ill in the
world it's not directly responsible for.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 22/10/2015 19:54, Andy Cap wrote:
On 22/10/15 19:41, David Lang wrote:
Yesterday. 21st October. The media is full of articles celebrating a
date made famous in a mildly good film Back To The Future.

Not a mention of the Battle of Trafalgar 110 years ago, one of our
greatest naval victories and the reason we don't all speak French.

210 even !

Whoops! :-(

210 indeed!
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 22/10/2015 19:41, David Lang wrote:
Yesterday. 21st October. The media is full of articles celebrating a
date made famous in an extremely crap film Back To The Future.

Fixed your post.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 22/10/2015 19:55, Albert Zweistein wrote:
On 22/10/2015 19:41, David Lang wrote:
Yesterday. 21st October. The media is full of articles celebrating a
date made famous in an extremely crap film Back To The Future.

Fixed your post.

Back the the Future II

Fixed yours!

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 22/10/2015 19:41, David Lang wrote:
Yesterday. 21st October. The media is full of articles celebrating a
date made famous in a mildly good film Back To The Future.

Not a mention of the Battle of Trafalgar 110 years ago, one of our
greatest naval victories and the reason we don't all speak French.

That's the difference between current news and an anniversary. The date
in the film is current, Trafalgar was 210 years ago.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , David Lang
writes
Not a mention of the Battle of Trafalgar 110 years ago, one of our
greatest naval victories and the reason we don't all speak French.

And Sunday is the 600th anniversary of Agincourt.

Adrian
--
To Reply :
replace "diy" with "news" and reverse the domain

If you are reading this from a web interface eg DIY Banter,
DIY Forum or Google Groups, please be aware this is NOT a forum, and
you are merely using a web portal to a USENET group. Many people block
posters coming from web portals due to perceieved SPAM or inaneness.
For a better method of access, please see:

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 22/10/2015 20:18, Adrian wrote:
In message , David Lang
writes
Not a mention of the Battle of Trafalgar 110 years ago, one of our
greatest naval victories and the reason we don't all speak French.

And Sunday is the 600th anniversary of Agincourt.

Adrian

Well, you can forget our honorable past. Forget the heroism all all
those who fought to keep Britain free. It has all been wasted. Thanks to
Blair and other scum we will be living under Sharia law by 2050, slaves
in our own country.

Will the indigenous people of these islands rise in rebellion? No they
won't because they have been brainwashed for many years by the left, led
by the BBC. Our once-proud people, we who defeated Hitler, will just lie
down and become surfs.

Bill
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Bill Wright" wrote in message
On 22/10/2015 20:18, Adrian wrote:
In message , David Lang
writes
Not a mention of the Battle of Trafalgar 110 years ago, one of our
greatest naval victories and the reason we don't all speak French.

And Sunday is the 600th anniversary of Agincourt.

Well, you can forget our honorable past. Forget the heroism all all those
who fought to keep Britain free.

Didn’t work with the Romans or Normans.

It has all been wasted.

Nope.

Thanks to Blair and other scum we will be living under Sharia law by 2050,

Even sillier than you usually manage.

Most of the countrys where muslims get to
decide that don’t even have full Sharia law. The
country with by far the most moslems doesn’t either.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:U...by_country.svg

slaves in our own country.

Even sillier than you usually manage.

Will the indigenous people of these islands rise in rebellion?

Having fun thrashing that straw man ?

No they won't because they have been brainwashed for many years by the
left, led by the BBC.

Most of them don’t even bother to watch the BBC on that stuff.

Our once-proud people, we who defeated Hitler,

Nope, the yanks did.

will just lie down and become surfs.

Even sillier than you usually manage.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 23/10/2015 03:17, Rod Speed wrote:

Well, you can forget our honorable past. Forget the heroism all all
those who fought to keep Britain free.

Even sillier than you usually manage.

It's thanks to people like you that this great country is in such danger.

Bill

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Bill Wright wrote
Rod Speed wrote

Well, you can forget our honorable past. Forget the heroism all all
those who fought to keep Britain free.

Even sillier than you usually manage.

It's thanks to people like you that this great country is in such danger.

Just another of your silly little bigoted fantasys.

Fools like you ran the same line about the jews.

There is no 'heroism' involved in ****ing over
countrys in the middle east and afghanistan
etc which is what has produced what you
don’t like to see now.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Bill Wright wrote:

Our once-proud people, we who defeated Hitler, will just lie
down and become surfs.

Shouldn't that be "surfers" ?

And aren't you supposed to stand up on your board once you've
paddled out to meet the wave ?
--
Dennis Davis
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 23/10/2015 07:55, Dennis Davis wrote:
In article ,
Bill Wright wrote:

Our once-proud people, we who defeated Hitler, will just lie
down and become surfs.

Shouldn't that be "surfers" ?

And aren't you supposed to stand up on your board once you've
paddled out to meet the wave ?

No it was a simple spelling mistake.

Bill

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 23/10/15 15:17, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
Bill Wright wrote:
[...]

No. Incorrect. Serfs. ;-)

--
Global warming is the new Margaret Thatcher. There is no ill in the
world it's not directly responsible for.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Bill Wright wrote:
[...]

He is correct, regardless of washing powder.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Will the indigenous people of these islands rise in rebellion? No they
won't because they have been brainwashed for many years by the left,
led by the BBC. Our once-proud people, we who defeated Hitler, will
just lie down and become surfs.

Bill

Correct.

No. Incorrect. Serfs. ;-)

In my defence I would like to say that it isn't often I use the word.
The last time was in a work of mine entitled 'Village Life in The Middle
Ages', for which I got 4/10 for content and a thrashing for presentation.

Bill

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Bill Wright wrote:
Well, you can forget our honorable past. Forget the heroism all all
those who fought to keep Britain free. It has all been wasted. Thanks to
Blair and other scum we will be living under Sharia law by 2050, slaves
in our own country.

Will the indigenous people of these islands rise in rebellion? No they
won't because they have been brainwashed for many years by the left, led
by the BBC. Our once-proud people, we who defeated Hitler, will just lie
down and become surfs.

Are you actually harry but with a capital letter?

--
*If horrific means to make horrible, does terrific mean to make terrible?

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Bill Wright wrote:
Well, you can forget our honorable past. Forget the heroism all all
those who fought to keep Britain free. It has all been wasted. Thanks to
Blair and other scum we will be living under Sharia law by 2050, slaves
in our own country.

Will the indigenous people of these islands rise in rebellion? No they
won't because they have been brainwashed for many years by the left, led
by the BBC. Our once-proud people, we who defeated Hitler, will just lie
down and become surfs.

Are you actually harry but with a capital letter?

Mr Pounder is a doom & gloom merchant with nearly everything.
I suspect that he might be Victor Meldrews brother.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Bod wrote:
In article ,
Bill Wright wrote:
Well, you can forget our honorable past. Forget the heroism all all
those who fought to keep Britain free. It has all been wasted.
Thanks to Blair and other scum we will be living under Sharia law
by 2050, slaves in our own country.

Will the indigenous people of these islands rise in rebellion? No
they won't because they have been brainwashed for many years by the
left, led by the BBC. Our once-proud people, we who defeated
Hitler, will just lie down and become surfs.

Are you actually harry but with a capital letter?

Mr Pounder is a doom & gloom merchant with nearly everything.
I suspect that he might be Victor Meldrews brother.

Are you saying that Bill is wrong?
If so, tell us why.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 22 Oct 2015 19:41:14 +0100, David Lang wrote:

Yesterday. 21st October. The media is full of articles celebrating a
date made famous in a mildly good film Back To The Future.

Not a mention of the Battle of Trafalgar 110 years ago, one of our
greatest naval victories and the reason we don't all speak French.

And, technically, it's BTTF day *today* in the UK - given the time
difference.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"David Lang" wrote in message
Yesterday. 21st October. The media is full of articles celebrating a date made famous
in a mildly good film Back To The Future.

Not a mention of the Battle of Trafalgar 110 years ago, one of our greatest naval
victories and the reason we don't all speak French.

Weakest Link:

Anne Robinson: In history, at the battle of Waterloo, which general's horse was called
Copenhagen?

Contestant: Lord Nelson.

www.kurtodrome.net/dumb.htm

michael adams

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 22/10/2015 21:15, michael adams wrote:
"David Lang" wrote in message
Yesterday. 21st October. The media is full of articles celebrating a date made famous
in a mildly good film Back To The Future.

Not a mention of the Battle of Trafalgar 110 years ago, one of our greatest naval
victories and the reason we don't all speak French.

Weakest Link:

Anne Robinson: In history, at the battle of Waterloo, which general's horse was called
Copenhagen?

Contestant: Lord Nelson.

www.kurtodrome.net/dumb.htm

michael adams

In Gillingham Wellington St is next to Copenhagen St. None of the
residents I've worked for know the connection.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"David Lang" wrote in message
Yesterday. 21st October. The media is full of articles celebrating a
date made famous in a mildly good film Back To The Future.

Not a mention of the Battle of Trafalgar 110 years ago, one of our
greatest naval victories and the reason we don't all speak French.

Weakest Link:

Anne Robinson: In history, at the battle of Waterloo, which general's
horse was called Copenhagen?

Contestant: Lord Nelson.

www.kurtodrome.net/dumb.htm

michael adams

In Gillingham Wellington St is next to Copenhagen St. None of the
residents I've worked for know the connection.

Yes, but Ramsgate has a road called "The Plains of Waterloo".

And Waterloo Place, and Wellington Crescent.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"David Lang" wrote in message
Yesterday. 21st October. The media is full of articles celebrating a
date made famous in a mildly good film Back To The Future.

Not a mention of the Battle of Trafalgar 110 years ago, one of our
greatest naval victories and the reason we don't all speak French.

Weakest Link:

Anne Robinson: In history, at the battle of Waterloo, which general's
horse was called Copenhagen?

Contestant: Lord Nelson.

www.kurtodrome.net/dumb.htm

michael adams

In Gillingham Wellington St is next to Copenhagen St. None of the
residents I've worked for know the connection.

Yes, but Ramsgate has a road called "The Plains of Waterloo".

And Waterloo Place, and Wellington Crescent.

Strood has a Quixote Crescent off Windmill Rd. Know locally a Kwicks Ote
Crescent. I've worked for half a dozen people in those roads, none knew
the connections.

We also have a newish estate with roads like Utah, Omaha, Gold, Juno,
and Sword. I've worked for about 10 residents, only 1 knew the connection.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"David Lang" wrote in message
[...]

Look at the roads round Quex Road in NW6. Lots of East Kent (Thanet)
names. Apparently the landowner owned lots of land in East Kent and named
the roads after things he owned (whole villages etc.)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"David Lang" wrote in message
Yesterday. 21st October. The media is full of articles celebrating a
date made famous in a mildly good film Back To The Future.

Not a mention of the Battle of Trafalgar 110 years ago, one of our
greatest naval victories and the reason we don't all speak French.

Weakest Link:

Anne Robinson: In history, at the battle of Waterloo, which general's
horse was called Copenhagen?

Contestant: Lord Nelson.

www.kurtodrome.net/dumb.htm

michael adams

In Gillingham Wellington St is next to Copenhagen St. None of the
residents I've worked for know the connection.

Yes, but Ramsgate has a road called "The Plains of Waterloo".

And Waterloo Place, and Wellington Crescent.

Huddersfield has a whole district called Waterloo.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Tim Streater wrote:
In article , Sam Plusnet
wrote:

In article ,
says...

In Gillingham Wellington St is next to Copenhagen St. None of the
residents I've worked for know the connection.

Tut.

You'd think that at least some of them would have listened to
"Warhorses of Letters" on Radio 4.

Most people have never heard of Radio 4, much less listened to it.

Certainly in Gillingham.

--
*INDECISION is the key to FLEXIBILITY *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 22/10/2015 21:15, michael adams wrote:

Weakest Link:

Anne Robinson: In history, at the battle of Waterloo, which general's horse was called
Copenhagen?

Contestant: Lord Nelson.

I can see a sort of subliminal link; Nelson famously put the telescope
to his blind eye at the battle of Copenhagen.

Another Dave

--
Change nospam to gmx
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , David Lang
writes
Yesterday. 21st October. The media is full of articles celebrating a
date made famous in a mildly good film Back To The Future.

Not a mention of the Battle of Trafalgar 110 years ago, one of our
greatest naval victories and the reason we don't all speak French.

Makes sense really, the date in BTTF will only come round once, in the
anniversary of Trafalgar every year
--
Chris French