Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Cost of burying 11KV cable ?

A local landowner has a planning application on the go at the moment on which he is claiming some 500m of 11KV overhead distribution cable is to be buried. Anyone any idea how much this will cost?

Rob
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 05/10/15 15:33, Rob Graham wrote:
A local landowner has a planning application on the go at the moment on which he is claiming some 500m of 11KV overhead distribution cable is to be buried. Anyone any idea how much this will cost?

Cost me the best part of 30 grand IIRC of which the leccy company paid
about 12k

Rob

--
Global warming is the new Margaret Thatcher. There is no ill in the
world it's not directly responsible for.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 05/10/15 15:33, Rob Graham wrote:
A local landowner has a planning application on the go at the moment
on which he is claiming some 500m of 11KV overhead distribution cable
is to be buried. Anyone any idea how much this will cost?

Cost me the best part of 30 grand IIRC of which the leccy company paid
about 12k

Oh and that included a new transformer..

Rob

--
Global warming is the new Margaret Thatcher. There is no ill in the
world it's not directly responsible for.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 05/10/15 15:33, Rob Graham wrote:
A local landowner has a planning application on the go at the moment
on which he is claiming some 500m of 11KV overhead distribution cable
is to be buried. Anyone any idea how much this will cost?

Cost me the best part of 30 grand IIRC of which the leccy company paid
about 12k

IIRC Getty paid for some overhead electricity supply to be
diverted/re-rounted when there was a proposal for it to cross his
property just north of Guildford.

--
Michael Chare
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Rob
Graham writes
A local landowner has a planning application on the go at the moment on
which he is claiming some 500m of 11KV overhead distribution cable is
to be buried. Anyone any idea how much this will cost?

Rob

Absolutely no idea.

But.
A guy I know took up helicopter flying as a hobby and there were some
11KV lines along 2 sides of his property that made parking awkward. He
came to an agreement with the power company that they supplied the cable
and terminated the ends while he dug the trenches to their spec'. They
inspected as he went along and seemed happy. From what I gathered at
the time they covered the cost of the cable and he paid for the ground
works and terminating. Maybe your land has struck a similar deal? If
he already has the manpower and machinery it may be a lot cheaper than
getting the board to do all the work.

--
Bill
( A different one )

burying existing light switch cable- techno/legal Jim K[_3_] UK diy 14 May 17th 12 01:51 PM
Cost of Comcast running cable ransley Home Repair 68 September 1st 10 10:50 AM
Low cost cable detector John UK diy 1 November 24th 07 09:26 PM
Burying Cable Charles Middleton UK diy 15 September 25th 05 11:01 AM
Burying outdoor cable - protection method Richard UK diy 22 April 18th 05 10:13 AM