DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Aldi deco metal paint (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/384368-aldi-deco-metal-paint.html)

[email protected] August 31st 15 08:26 PM

Aldi deco metal paint

Has anyone used aldi Deco metal paint? It says that surfaces should be stable, clean, dry and free of grease. Then clean surfaces thoroughly with metal cleaner before painting. Maybe I am just being dense but what is metal cleaner? They can not mean polish?

TIA.

newshound August 31st 15 08:44 PM

Aldi deco metal paint

On 31/08/2015 20:26, wrote:
Has anyone used aldi Deco metal paint? It says that surfaces should be stable, clean, dry and free of grease. Then clean surfaces thoroughly with metal cleaner before painting. Maybe I am just being dense but what is metal cleaner? They can not mean polish?

TIA.

A german-speaker may be along in a minute, but I imagine this is
something lost in translation. If it was really greasy and you cleaned
it with (say) white spirit (and let it dry) I would expect that to be
good enough.

Syd Rumpo[_2_] September 1st 15 05:25 PM

Aldi deco metal paint

On 31/08/2015 20:26, wrote:
Has anyone used aldi Deco metal paint? It says that surfaces should be stable, clean, dry and free of grease. Then clean surfaces thoroughly with metal cleaner before painting. Maybe I am just being dense but what is metal cleaner? They can not mean polish?

TIA.

I wonder if they mean a wire brush. Perhaps 'metal' refers to the brush
and not the surface to be painted. Just a thought.

I wouldn't use polish before painting.

Cheers
--
Syd

Baggins July 11th 19 01:14 PM

Aldi deco metal paint

replying to chade, Baggins wrote:
Yeah I tried to paint it on my outdoor metal furniture dreadful stuff,, it's
like water and had to stop and use a spray on paint.

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/uk-diy...t-1070642-.htm