Jackie

Default How do I?

Hi I am tiling my kitchen and I bought a brass edging strip for the top and
external corners. How can I get a perfect corner between the vertical and
horizontal edge? I presume I need to cut a mitre??? but how do I get a
perfect 45 degree cut with a junior hacksaw? Or do I just hide it with
grout?

Thanks Jackie

NATSMAN

Most tile shops sell thinner mitre boxes for just this purpose - then you
CAN use a junior hacksaw quite successfully.

Chris
"Jonathan@Home" wrote in message
I use a mitre box and a large hacksaw, as a junior isn't long enoght to go
across the mitre box

Cheers
Jonathan

BigWallop

"Jackie" wrote in message
Hi I am tiling my kitchen and I bought a brass edging strip for the top

and
external corners. How can I get a perfect corner between the vertical and
horizontal edge? I presume I need to cut a mitre??? but how do I get a
perfect 45 degree cut with a junior hacksaw? Or do I just hide it with
grout?

Thanks Jackie

Take a sheet of A4 paper and fold up one of the short edges until it fits
perfectly along one of the long edge and the corner between them comes to a
perfect point. Now you should be able to draw around it, or use it to mark
the points, and then use it to mark off a forty five degree angle on to a
board.

Once you've marked out the angle, you can put small nails along the lines, a
couple on the long edge will do, to put the edging strip against and then
use the angle line as a template for the saw blade to cut along.

Or grab one of these:

http://www.diytools.co.uk/diy/Main/P...sp?ProdID=1385

and make your life easier. :-))

---