Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default O Ring Materials - Shower

I need 2 O Rings that seal between the shower cartridge and the brass body.
A kit will cost about £18 and contain things for later models that I can't
even make use of. Hoping to buy a couple of suitable sized o rings - what
material should I be getting to cope with water and the temperatures?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article 2,
DerbyBorn writes:
I need 2 O Rings that seal between the shower cartridge and the brass body.
A kit will cost about £18 and contain things for later models that I can't
even make use of. Hoping to buy a couple of suitable sized o rings - what
material should I be getting to cope with water and the temperatures?

Aldi, Lidl, CPC, and other places often have O-ring kits with lots of
different sizes for a few quid.

I have gone into Plumb Center and asked for a couple and they just gave
them to me.

--
Andrew Gabriel
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Andrew Gabriel
writes
In article 2,
DerbyBorn writes:
I need 2 O Rings that seal between the shower cartridge and the brass body.
A kit will cost about £18 and contain things for later models that I can't
even make use of. Hoping to buy a couple of suitable sized o rings - what
material should I be getting to cope with water and the temperatures?

Aldi, Lidl, CPC, and other places often have O-ring kits with lots of
different sizes for a few quid.

I have gone into Plumb Center and asked for a couple and they just gave
them to me.

Our local small hardware.diy store has a wide variety of washers, O
rings etc. sold individually
--
Chris French

Posted to uk.d-i-y

DerbyBorn wrote:
I need 2 O Rings that seal between the shower cartridge and the brass body.
A kit will cost about £18 and contain things for later models that I can't
even make use of. Hoping to buy a couple of suitable sized o rings - what
material should I be getting to cope with water and the temperatures?

The material does not matter at the temperatures found on a shower. They
only become significant with superheated steam when viton should be used.