Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Extension options etc Q1

Hi Folks.
Builders found all the services one by one, worst being BT which has now
been out of action for 4 weeks waiting for a new line to be pulled
through the new ducting that was finally dropped into the pavement on
Friday so I'm squeezing a few questions in while I have internet access.

Extension on the front of the house is up to wall plate height and the
floor is slab over cellotex with screed waiting to be added. One of the
new rooms is going to be the TV/cinema room to get the TV out of the
front room so I'm hoping it's possible to get the new dividing wall made
from concrete block rather than a stud wall to sound-proof the room. Is
there any restriction to building a blockwork wall on slab laid on top
of insulation?

I'm going to stick my other 2 questions on separate posts as they're
both a bit different.

Cheers
Pete