Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Servis Washing machines

My Servis washer/dryer caught fire today while washing, thank goodness I never left my home. I can safely say I will never buy another product by Servis!!!!

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 1 Aug 2015 11:55:46 -0700 (PDT), Susan
wrote:

My Servis washer/dryer caught fire today while washing, thank goodness I never left my home. I can safely say I will never buy another product by Servis!!!!

Service is no longer a make, it's a badge that gets passed on to the
highest bidder. First to an Italian company, and 3 or 4 years ago to
the giant Turkish company Vestel, who I bet you've never heard of.

You may well have other appliances in your home made by them with well
known "British" badges on them.
Good luck.

--

Graham.

%Profound_observation%
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Graham. wrote in
:

wrote:

My Servis washer/dryer caught fire today while washing, thank goodness
I never left my home. I can safely say I will never buy another
product by Servis!!!!

Service is no longer a make, it's a badge that gets passed on to the
highest bidder. First to an Italian company, and 3 or 4 years ago to
the giant Turkish company Vestel, who I bet you've never heard of.

You may well have other appliances in your home made by them with well
known "British" badges on them.
Good luck.

I recently saw someone admiring a TV in ASDA - it was badged as Polaroid.
Bloke said to wife - they used to make good cameras so it should be good.
Unbelievable!
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 01/08/2015 20:48, DerbyBorn wrote:

I recently saw someone admiring a TV in ASDA - it was badged as Polaroid.
Bloke said to wife - they used to make good cameras so it should be good.
Unbelievable!

Yes, their cameras were pretty mediocre.
They didn't last well either but they didn't need too as few people
could afford to use them enough to wear them out.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 01/08/2015 20:55, dennis@home wrote:
On 01/08/2015 20:48, DerbyBorn wrote:

I recently saw someone admiring a TV in ASDA - it was badged as Polaroid.
Bloke said to wife - they used to make good cameras so it should be good.
Unbelievable!

Yes, their cameras were pretty mediocre.
They didn't last well either but they didn't need too as few people
could afford to use them enough to wear them out.

Please, not another "camera" thread

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 2 Aug 2015 10:35:47 +0100, stuart noble
wrote:

On 01/08/2015 20:55, dennis@home wrote:
On 01/08/2015 20:48, DerbyBorn wrote:

I recently saw someone admiring a TV in ASDA - it was badged as Polaroid.
Bloke said to wife - they used to make good cameras so it should be good.
Unbelievable!

Yes, their cameras were pretty mediocre.
They didn't last well either but they didn't need too as few people
could afford to use them enough to wear them out.

Please, not another "camera" thread

With a lot of people, when you mention Polaroid cameras, they say oh
yes, they made those Instamatic ones.

--

Graham.

%Profound_observation%
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 01/08/2015 20:48, DerbyBorn wrote:

I recently saw someone admiring a TV in ASDA - it was badged as Polaroid.
Bloke said to wife - they used to make good cameras so it should be good.
Unbelievable!

You see the same in this group on a regular basis.

These days that reliable item you purchased a few years back has
migrated to a different company, redesigned by a new team and produced
by the lowest bidder in China.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

My Servis washer/dryer caught fire today while washing, thank goodness
I never left my home. I can safely say I will never buy another
product by Servis!!!!

Service is no longer a make, it's a badge that gets passed on to the
highest bidder. First to an Italian company, and 3 or 4 years ago to
the giant Turkish company Vestel, who I bet you've never heard of.

You may well have other appliances in your home made by them with well
known "British" badges on them.
Good luck.

I recently saw someone admiring a TV in ASDA - it was badged as Polaroid.
Bloke said to wife - they used to make good cameras so it should be good.
Unbelievable!

Many moons ago I was a field service engineer (as they termed it) for
Servis, based in Harlesden, London. They made reasonably good machines
back then. It was not unusual at the time for owners of non automatic
Servis machines that still worked at the age of 25-35 years old (I kid
you not) and the customers swore by them.
This was back in the 70s.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Graham. wrote in
:

wrote:

My Servis washer/dryer caught fire today while washing, thank goodness
I never left my home. I can safely say I will never buy another
product by Servis!!!!

Service is no longer a make, it's a badge that gets passed on to the
highest bidder. First to an Italian company, and 3 or 4 years ago to
the giant Turkish company Vestel, who I bet you've never heard of.

You may well have other appliances in your home made by them with well
known "British" badges on them.
Good luck.

We should remember that there is a massive market for white goods in areas
that are not Britain! I have a Gorenje Fridge. I was amazed by the size of
the company and its market area. Go aborad and stay in a villa nd you will
find good appliances with names you have never heard of (but possibly
related to Indesit!)
Posted to uk.d-i-y

I don't think they exist any more. I had one it lasted many years, till the
magic smoke and smell of burning killed it. The demise of washing machines
is varied and often violent.
Brian

Email: