Posted to uk.d-i-y
GB GB is offline

Default New boiler

Last I heard, Vaillant and Worcester Bosch are the two boilers of
choice. Is that still the case?

It's just a combi for a two-bedroom bungalow, btw.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 24/06/2015 13:08, GB wrote:
Last I heard, Vaillant and Worcester Bosch are the two boilers of
choice. Is that still the case?

It's just a combi for a two-bedroom bungalow, btw.

http://www.mybuilder.com/questions/v...c-pro-28-combi

My Vaillant "system" has been faultless; I personally hate combis, but I
have a large, old house.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
GB wrote:
Last I heard, Vaillant and Worcester Bosch are the two boilers of
choice. Is that still the case?

It's just a combi for a two-bedroom bungalow, btw.

I've been generally pleased with my Viessmann. It's in general beautifully
made - looks like to last, rather than save pennies.

--
*Some people are only alive because it is illegal to kill.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"GB" wrote in message
Last I heard, Vaillant and Worcester Bosch are the two boilers of choice.
Is that still the case?

It's just a combi for a two-bedroom bungalow, btw.

We have a Vaillant.

Never again.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wednesday, 24 June 2015 13:08:16 UTC+1, GB wrote:
Last I heard, Vaillant and Worcester Bosch are the two boilers of
choice. Is that still the case?

It's just a combi for a two-bedroom bungalow, btw.

I've heard WBs are now quite unreliable

NT

Posted to uk.d-i-y

GB wrote:

Last I heard, Vaillant and Worcester Bosch are the two boilers of
choice. Is that still the case?

It's just a combi for a two-bedroom bungalow, btw.

Ideal are doing a 7 year warranty this year, and being as they are one
of the simpler, and affordable, boilers out there, I'd be gettng one if
in the market now.

--
Alan
To reply by mail, change '+' to 'plus'

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"A.Lee" wrote:
GB wrote:

Last I heard, Vaillant and Worcester Bosch are the two boilers of
choice. Is that still the case?

It's just a combi for a two-bedroom bungalow, btw.

Ideal are doing a 7 year warranty this year, and being as they are one
of the simpler, and affordable, boilers out there, I'd be gettng one if
in the market now.

We had an Ideal. Never again. ;-)

The problem is that "past performance is no indicator of future
reliability".

Tim
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article
,
Tim+ wrote:
The problem is that "past performance is no indicator of future
reliability".

Quite - had a Potterton made in the '70s. One of the better makes. Spool
on to when they got taken over. Made one of the worst ones ever.

--
*It doesn't take a genius to spot a goat in a flock of sheep *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 24/06/2015 15:06, A.Lee wrote:
GB wrote:

Last I heard, Vaillant and Worcester Bosch are the two boilers of
choice. Is that still the case?

It's just a combi for a two-bedroom bungalow, btw.

Ideal are doing a 7 year warranty this year, and being as they are one
of the simpler, and affordable, boilers out there, I'd be gettng one if
in the market now.

The last time I had anything to do with Ideal we ended up settling out
of court (but it got close).

~8 years ago. I will never, ever will deal with that company again.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 24/06/2015 15:17, Tim+ wrote:

The problem is that "past performance is no indicator of future
reliability".

The Intergas products seem to have a lot going for them and should be on
everyone's shortlist, IMHO.

http://www.intergasheating.co.uk/end...ergas-heating/

--
Andy

Posted to uk.d-i-y

I have had 3 WB combi boilers in 2 properties over 25 years. The middle one - a 36CDI (or whatever) went wrong twice over 15 years but otherwise was v good and only replaced because of building works exactly in its location. The lastest one is quieter and I think from last winters bills has halved my gas consumption. The make of combi is only part of the solution. Combis make hot water simple but the central heating system should be examined - be sure you know exactly how it will work, especially as it heats up each radiator and returns water to the boiler. New boilers expect new systems....