Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT How to catch a chicken?

In message , Nightjar
writes

Incidentally there's no need for the cockerel. Fatten it up and put it
on the plate. Unless they want something pretty that is.

She has four cockerels and one hen, given to her as a present by
somebody who didn't want to eat them. I don't see any of them ending up
on a plate. The noisy one is probably lucky that wringing a chicken's
neck is one of the few skills my mother did not pass on to me though.

Those who don't like to eat Chicken, look away now..

Just in case the skill is required... both feet in right hand, neck
between first and second fingers of left: putting head and beak in left
palm. Bend neck by rotating left hand and pull down with left and up
with right. Ignore flapping wings. When you feel the neck extend, stop
pulling. The wings will continue flapping for a few seconds...

--
Tim Lamb

chicken anyone buckwheat Home Repair 1 February 16th 15 02:46 AM
OT (Very) Chicken in a Basket DerbyBorn[_5_] UK diy 79 November 8th 13 09:56 PM
Basting a Chicken??? brass monkey UK diy 0 June 18th 09 12:24 AM
Chicken or the egg ? N Cook Electronics Repair 7 October 5th 07 12:14 AM
Chicken coop Alain Hermans Woodworking 4 March 30th 05 01:01 AM