Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.comp.os.linux,comp.os.linux.misc,uk.d-i-y

Default Chromebooks and self hosted cloud storage

On 02/07/2015 04:11 AM, Dennis@home wrote:
On 07/02/2015 11:53, Tim Watts wrote:

Yes - but I'm after a self hosted solution - for 100's GB cloud is
neither cost effective nor trustworthy.

Google do infinite free storage of pictures below 2048 pixels by 2048
pixels. You could encrypt your data put it into pictures as "noise" and
save as much of it as you like. There are plenty of free to use pictures
about so I doubt if you would ever run out.

I upload edited pix to the picasa site, which was unlimited for free as
long as the max dimension was 1600 pixels. Has this increased to 2048
too? I really don't like dealing with google's photo site...

--
Cheers, Bev
"We don't know how smart people can be, but we know that