Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.windows7.general,uk.d-i-y

Default Using Gmail accounts in Outlook [OT in uk.d-i-y]

I use Outlook as my main email client, and have lots of email accounts
set up within it - mainly those linked to my (PlusNet) internet account,
but also including one Gmail account. I have always - until now - been
able to send emails from my Gmail account. But I've just tried to send
one today, only to have it blocked by some nefarious guff about clients
like Outlook[1] not being secure!

WTF? Is that yet another step along the road towards Google's world
dominance, or does it have any merit?

They do seem to be offering the option to "allow less secure apps" - but
that comes with dire warnings!

Anyone one else encountered this - and what did you do?

[1] Other "insecure" apps include Thunderbird and mail apps on Apple
devices and Windows phones - but not any Google apps of course!
--
Cheers,
Roger