Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Site that may be of interest to some.

I've been looking for some 12mm self adhesive lead strip for a little job.
Came across www.flints.co.uk
I have absolutely no association with the company.
Had a rootle round the site and found loads of stuff of interest to me and
possibly other users of this ng. Prices seem reasonable.
Flints Theatrical Chandlers mainly supplies the theatre and film set makers
world. Some interesting stuff.

Site is olde worlde and horrible to navigate IMO. I couldn't get the online
checkout to work (when I found it) so printed off the details and faxed them
payment info.
Once again, absolutely no association with the company.

Nick.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Nick wrote:
I've been looking for some 12mm self adhesive lead strip for a little job.
Came across www.flints.co.uk
I have absolutely no association with the company.
Had a rootle round the site and found loads of stuff of interest to me and
possibly other users of this ng. Prices seem reasonable.
Flints Theatrical Chandlers mainly supplies the theatre and film set makers
world. Some interesting stuff.

Site is olde worlde and horrible to navigate IMO. I couldn't get the online
checkout to work (when I found it) so printed off the details and faxed them
payment info.
Once again, absolutely no association with the company.

Nick.

One of the best web sites I have seen in a coons age,some of the
children designing modern sites (with unreadable colour on colour pages
full of fancy doo dahs) would do well to emulate it.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 21/03/2015 19:28, Nick wrote:

Some interesting stuff.

Self-Extinguishing Snow

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"alan_m" wrote in message
On 21/03/2015 19:28, Nick wrote:

Some interesting stuff.

I'd agree that it is an interesting site - I bought some reflecting
metallised film to line a light pipe from them, and they were helpful and
quick.

As for the website - it reminds me a bit of BES's - practical but not
pretty, and with no concessions to website design elsewhere....

Charles F

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 22 Mar 2015 07:23:52 -0000, "Charles F"
wrote:

As for the website - it reminds me a bit of BES's - practical but not
pretty, and with no concessions to website design elsewhere....

But they have a GOSH e.g in the saws section:-

Burger Flippers
An excellent saw for trimming pegs, undercutting sticking
doors, and general carpentry work. Double-sided cutting
edge. Rubbish on burgers and they trash non-stick pans.

and

Stanley 12" Wonder Bar®
A lighter duty bar particularly favoured
by the Germans.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

As for the website - it reminds me a bit of BES's - practical but not
pretty, and with no concessions to website design elsewhere....

But they have a GOSH e.g in the saws section:-

Burger Flippers
An excellent saw for trimming pegs, undercutting sticking
doors, and general carpentry work. Double-sided cutting
edge. Rubbish on burgers and they trash non-stick pans.

and

Stanley 12" Wonder Bar®
A lighter duty bar particularly favoured
by the Germans.

Indeed. I found little snippets of humour throughout the site.
BTW, I read that as GSOH.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 22 Mar 2015 14:22:44 -0000, "Nick"
wrote:

BTW, I read that as GSOH.

I blame the checker...

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 21/03/2015 19:28, Nick wrote:
I've been looking for some 12mm self adhesive lead strip for a little job.
Came across www.flints.co.uk
I have absolutely no association with the company.
Had a rootle round the site and found loads of stuff of interest to me and
possibly other users of this ng. Prices seem reasonable.
Flints Theatrical Chandlers mainly supplies the theatre and film set makers
world. Some interesting stuff.

Site is olde worlde and horrible to navigate IMO. I couldn't get the online
checkout to work (when I found it) so printed off the details and faxed them
payment info.
Once again, absolutely no association with the company.

Nick.

Thanks, all sorts of interesting stuff. What a shame they don't let you
download a single PDF of everything, even if it takes an age. I am sure
they would get a lot of new trade if they were as accessible as
Toolstation or BES. But maybe the theatre / film trade knows them and
keeps them going.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 22/03/2015 20:12, newshound wrote:
On 21/03/2015 19:28, Nick wrote:
[...]

I was also intrigued by their little GYS inverter welder, first item on
this page. I have never been able to use traditional stick welders (I
can just about do MIG) but this looks quite flexible.

http://www.flints.co.uk/pdfcatalogue...lding_2015.pdf
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2015-03-21, Nick wrote:
I've been looking for some 12mm self adhesive lead strip for a little job.
Came across www.flints.co.uk
I have absolutely no association with the company.
Had a rootle round the site and found loads of stuff of interest to me and
possibly other users of this ng. Prices seem reasonable.
Flints Theatrical Chandlers mainly supplies the theatre and film set makers
world. Some interesting stuff.

Site is olde worlde and horrible to navigate IMO. I couldn't get the online
checkout to work (when I found it) so printed off the details and faxed them
payment info.
Once again, absolutely no association with the company.

As a sailor I'm familiar with Flints, firstly because the owner
sails a lovely boat, and blogs about it, and secondly because
they've recently bought (saving from closure)
http://www.arthurbeale.co.uk. A proper chandlery, on Shaftesbury
Avenue of all places. It's London's, if not Britain's, longest
surviving chandlers.

Justin.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

I was VERY impressed with the last item in the "Sundries" section!

tax on interest zill Home Ownership 3 October 23rd 09 03:32 AM
see the most hot new site of 2007see the most hot new site of 2007 mote UK diy 1 March 21st 07 02:40 PM
may be of interest.. noname[_2_] Woodworking Plans and Photos 3 March 16th 07 05:20 PM
looking for site that posts daily interest rate averages [email protected] Home Ownership 2 October 8th 05 05:15 AM
OT- Of interest 50 yrs later Gunner Asch Metalworking 6 September 20th 05 04:27 PM