Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default What has Jeremy Clarkson done ?

He's been suspended by the BBC.

Towel head joke?
Supporting the Labour Party?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 10/03/15 16:57, Jonno wrote:

He's been suspended by the BBC.

Towel head joke?
Supporting the Labour Party?

had a row with a producer allegedly

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
The Natural Philosopher wrote:
On 10/03/15 16:57, Jonno wrote:

He's been suspended by the BBC.

Towel head joke?
Supporting the Labour Party?

had a row with a producer allegedly

Think that's fairly common, given the number of producers they've got
through. Just why it's come to a head now we may never find out.

--
*The colder the X-ray table, the more of your body is required on it *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 10/03/15 16:57, Jonno wrote:

He's been suspended by the BBC.

Towel head joke?
Supporting the Labour Party?

had a row with a producer allegedly

Think that's fairly common, given the number of producers they've got
through. Just why it's come to a head now we may never find out.

The use of the word fracas in the news suggests something more than a
simple row.

--
Colin Bignell

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , ARW
writes
"Nightjar .me.uk" "cpb"@ insert my surname here wrote in message

had a row with a producer allegedly

Think that's fairly common, given the number of producers they've got
through. Just why it's come to a head now we may never find out.

The use of the word fracas in the news suggests something more than a
simple row.

a pagga?

If that means punch-up then I concur :-/

--
fred
it's a ba-na-na . . . .
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Nightjar
writes
On 10/03/15 16:57, Jonno wrote:

He's been suspended by the BBC.

Towel head joke?
Supporting the Labour Party?

had a row with a producer allegedly

Think that's fairly common, given the number of producers they've got
through. Just why it's come to a head now we may never find out.

The use of the word fracas in the news suggests something more than a
simple row.

Allegedly he attempted to hit him, but is it a crime if you miss?
--
bert

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 10 Mar 2015 16:57:37 +0000, Jonno wrote:

He's been suspended by the BBC.

Towel head joke?
Supporting the Labour Party?

Just being himself would do it!

Charlie.

--
Hello Wisconsin!
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tuesday, March 10, 2015 at 4:57:40 PM UTC, Jonno wrote:
He's been suspended by the BBC.

Towel head joke?
Supporting the Labour Party?

What has he done? Pulled a publicity stunt, what else

NT

Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

"Jonno" wrote in message
ldhosting.com...

He's been suspended by the BBC.

Shaved his head and thereby exposed his genitalia to the public.

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Jonno" wrote in message
ldhosting.com...

He's been suspended by the BBC.

Towel head joke?
Supporting the Labour Party?

I expect they've been looking for an excuse for some time.
Finally come up with one.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Didn't he once own the production company and sell to the BBC?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"DerbyBorn" wrote in message
2.222...

Didn't he once own the production company and sell to the BBC?

I think that it was the format of the show - he owned 50% iirc and sold it
for £8M

Andrew

Posted to uk.d-i-y

harryagain wrote:
wrote in message
ldhosting.com...

He's been suspended by the BBC.

Towel head joke?
Supporting the Labour Party?

I expect they've been looking for an excuse for some time.
Finally come up with one.

Only if they want to commit commercial suicide. Oh, it's the BBC, seems
likely.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Capitol" wrote in message
harryagain wrote:
wrote in message
ldhosting.com...

He's been suspended by the BBC.

Towel head joke?
Supporting the Labour Party?

I expect they've been looking for an excuse for some time.
Finally come up with one.

Only if they want to commit commercial suicide. Oh, it's the BBC, seems
likely.

Oh, the people want him back!

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/563...BBC-suspension

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 11 Mar 2015 08:23:06 +0000, harryagain wrote:

Oh, the people want him back!

Ooh. Currently 200k people! What a VERY big number... That's a whole one
in 27 of those who _watch_ Top Gear. Just under three in every thousand
of the population.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 11/03/2015 08:40, Adrian wrote:
On Wed, 11 Mar 2015 08:23:06 +0000, harryagain wrote:

Oh, the people want him back!

Ooh. Currently 200k people! What a VERY big number... That's a whole one
in 27 of those who _watch_ Top Gear. Just under three in every thousand
of the population.

Where do you get that number from?

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-en...s-9104801.html
suggests you're very much mistaken.

Are you sure this isn't just another publicity stunt? There's even a
petition to get him back.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 11/03/2015 08:40, Adrian wrote:
On Wed, 11 Mar 2015 08:23:06 +0000, harryagain wrote:

Oh, the people want him back!

Ooh. Currently 200k people! What a VERY big number... That's a whole one
in 27 of those who _watch_ Top Gear. Just under three in every thousand
of the population.

Complaints about 'slope' from 2 people out of 54,000,000 caused him trouble.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Excellent quote from Phil Redmond of 'Brookside' fame on 'Any Questions':-

"What happens on location should stay on location'

Not heard it before, but it's a not bad principle.

--
*Middle age is when it takes longer to rest than to get tired.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 14 Mar 2015 14:41:28 +0000, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

Excellent quote from Phil Redmond of 'Brookside' fame on 'Any
Questions':-

"What happens on location should stay on location'

Not heard it before, but it's a not bad principle.

Not even with "location" replaced with "Rugby tour" or "Las Vegas"?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Jonno" wrote in message
ldhosting.com...

He's been suspended by the BBC.

Towel head joke?
Supporting the Labour Party?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeremy_Clarkson#Suspension

Posted to uk.d-i-y

/RodS peed

"Jonno" wrote in message
ldhosting.com...

He's been suspended by the BBC.

Towel head joke?
Supporting the Labour Party?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeremy_...n#Suspension/q

Er.... Gee Thanks?

Jim K
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Jonno wrote:
He's been suspended by the BBC.

Funny how a spat like that gets you suspended from the BBC, but being a
known child rapist has no effect whatsoever on your career.

Apparently Clarkson over-reacted because the guy hadn't done his job and
organised the chuck wagon. Low blood sugar due to a late mealtime can do
that. I once lamped a guy in a railway station car park for being rude
to my wife. I was three hours overdue for food.

Bill

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Bill Wright" wrote in message
Jonno wrote:
He's been suspended by the BBC.

Funny how a spat like that gets you suspended from the BBC, but being a
known child rapist has no effect whatsoever on your career.

Apparently Clarkson over-reacted because the guy hadn't done his job and
organised the chuck wagon. Low blood sugar due to a late mealtime can do
that. I once lamped a guy in a railway station car park for being rude to
my wife. I was three hours overdue for food.

The wife and I once lived on a packet of Pringles for two days.
Didn't "lamp" anyone.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Jonno wrote:
He's been suspended by the BBC.

Funny how a spat like that gets you suspended from the BBC, but being a
known child rapist has no effect whatsoever on your career.

Apparently Clarkson over-reacted because the guy hadn't done his job and
organised the chuck wagon. Low blood sugar due to a late mealtime can do
that. I once lamped a guy in a railway station car park for being rude to
my wife. I was three hours overdue for food.

The wife and I once lived on a packet of Pringles for two days.
Didn't "lamp" anyone.

Wow! Yer blue peter badge is in the post.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

harryagain wrote:

The wife and I once lived on a packet of Pringles for two days.

Yeah having your gas supply disconnected, then cooking by solar power on
a cloudy day can be a bitch, car not charged so you couldn't even go to
the shops?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Andy Burns" wrote in message
o.uk...
harryagain wrote:

The wife and I once lived on a packet of Pringles for two days.

Yeah having your gas supply disconnected, then cooking by solar power on a
cloudy day can be a bitch, car not charged so you couldn't even go to the
shops?

It was in Bolivia. The bus broke down.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 11/03/2015 12:22, harryagain wrote:
"Andy Burns" wrote in message
o.uk...
harryagain wrote:

The wife and I once lived on a packet of Pringles for two days.

Yeah having your gas supply disconnected, then cooking by solar power on a
cloudy day can be a bitch, car not charged so you couldn't even go to the
shops?

It was in Bolivia. The bus broke down.

Just amazed that all this childish nonsense is at the taxpayer's
expense. Sky or ITV have advertisers to answer to, whereas this bunch of
twerps are not accountable to anyone.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 11 Mar 2015 12:22:21 -0000, "harryagain"
wrote:

"Andy Burns" wrote in message
news:0oKdndN114vtaWLJnZ2dnUVZ8nKdnZ2d@brightview. co.uk...
harryagain wrote:

The wife and I once lived on a packet of Pringles for two days.

Yeah having your gas supply disconnected, then cooking by solar power on a
cloudy day can be a bitch, car not charged so you couldn't even go to the
shops?

It was in Bolivia. The bus broke down.

And then some git rescued you.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 11 Mar 2015 06:55:34 -0000, "harryagain"
wrote:

"Bill Wright" wrote in message

Apparently Clarkson over-reacted because the guy hadn't done his job and
organised the chuck wagon. Low blood sugar due to a late mealtime can do
that. I once lamped a guy in a railway station car park for being rude to
my wife. I was three hours overdue for food.

The wife and I once lived on a packet of Pringles for two days.
Didn't "lamp" anyone.

Green energy subsidies are driving people into fuel poverty where a packet of
Pringles will have to last an entire month or even longer.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Jonno wrote:
He's been suspended by the BBC.

Funny how a spat like that gets you suspended from the BBC, but being a
known child rapist has no effect whatsoever on your career.

Apparently Clarkson over-reacted because the guy hadn't done his job and
organised the chuck wagon. Low blood sugar due to a late mealtime can do
that. I once lamped a guy in a railway station car park for being rude to
my wife. I was three hours overdue for food.

The wife and I once lived on a packet of Pringles for two days.
Didn't "lamp" anyone.

That's probably because you have no red blood.

Bill
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wednesday, 11 March 2015 03:41:06 UTC, Bill Wright wrote:
Apparently Clarkson over-reacted because the guy hadn't done his job and
organised the chuck wagon.

That's arrogance

Low blood sugar due to a late mealtime can do
that. I once lamped a guy in a railway station car park for being rude
to my wife.

That's gallantry.

Owain

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wednesday, March 11, 2015 at 8:37:13 AM UTC, wrote:
On Wednesday, 11 March 2015 03:41:06 UTC, Bill Wright wrote:
Apparently Clarkson over-reacted because the guy hadn't done his job and
organised the chuck wagon.

That's arrogance

Low blood sugar due to a late mealtime can do
that. I once lamped a guy in a railway station car park for being rude
to my wife.

That's gallantry.

Owain

Not wishing to stir the racist pot but I'd hazard a guess the producer had Irish roots. Has an Iris/Gaelic name anyway.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 11/03/2015 11:00, fred wrote:
On Wednesday, March 11, 2015 at 8:37:13 AM UTC, wrote:
On Wednesday, 11 March 2015 03:41:06 UTC, Bill Wright wrote:
Apparently Clarkson over-reacted because the guy hadn't done his job and
organised the chuck wagon.

That's arrogance

Low blood sugar due to a late mealtime can do
that. I once lamped a guy in a railway station car park for being rude
to my wife.

That's gallantry.

Owain

Not wishing to stir the racist pot but I'd hazard a guess the producer had Irish roots. Has an Iris/Gaelic name anyway.

That's not stirring up the racist pot. It's apparently perfectly OK to
call people Paddy, Jock or Taffy.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 11 Mar 2015 18:53:30 +0000, The Medway Handyman
wrote:

On 11/03/2015 11:00, fred wrote:
On Wednesday, March 11, 2015 at 8:37:13 AM UTC, wrote:
On Wednesday, 11 March 2015 03:41:06 UTC, Bill Wright wrote:
Apparently Clarkson over-reacted because the guy hadn't done his job and
organised the chuck wagon.

That's arrogance

Low blood sugar due to a late mealtime can do
that. I once lamped a guy in a railway station car park for being rude
to my wife.

That's gallantry.

Owain

Not wishing to stir the racist pot but I'd hazard a guess the producer had Irish roots. Has an Iris/Gaelic name anyway.

That's not stirring up the racist pot. It's apparently perfectly OK to
call people Paddy, Jock or Taffy.

....and Southern poofter

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Bill Wright wrote:
Jonno wrote:
He's been suspended by the BBC.

Funny how a spat like that gets you suspended from the BBC, but being a
known child rapist has no effect whatsoever on your career.

Apparently Clarkson over-reacted because the guy hadn't done his job and
organised the chuck wagon. Low blood sugar due to a late mealtime can do
that. I once lamped a guy in a railway station car park for being rude
to my wife. I was three hours overdue for food.

It's not and never has been the job of a producer to organise such things.

And break times are never set in stone on any location shoot. They are
taken at a convenient time in the shooting schedule, which can vary on the
day.

Clarkson has been around long enough to know this. So should carry a
chocolate bar etc if he suffers from low sugar when meals are late.

--
*Does fuzzy logic tickle? *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 11 Mar 2015 11:00:10 +0000, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

It's not and never has been the job of a producer to organise such
things.

Where "producer" means "member of the production team".

Or, more likely, "poor sod given the job of telling diva bad news"