Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Vax Vacuum Cleaner - problem

The prong on my vax vac has snapped cut plug off thinking could put new plug on it as only two wires no earth wire is it safe to put a plug on with just a live and neutral wire no earth
Posted to uk.d-i-y

The prong on my vax vac has snapped cut plug off thinking could put new plug
on it as only two wires no earth wire is it safe to put a plug on with just
a live and neutral wire no earth

Quite safe. Just don't connect anything to the earth pin. Make sure the
earth pin screw is either tightened down or thrown away as they have been
known to fall out and cause a short if left loose.

Mike

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Yes its double insulated.
Brian

--
From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active
wrote in message
The prong on my vax vac has snapped cut plug off thinking could put new
plug on it as only two wires no earth wire is it safe to put a plug on
with just a live and neutral wire no earth

Posted to uk.d-i-y

I used to have a vacuum called a Vactric, it had a screw thread on noboth
ends, and you could attache a special hose on the blow end that you could
use a paint sprayer with. It actually worked very ell. I suspect elf and
safety would have a few things to say if it was done these days.
Brian

--
From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active
"Bill Wright" wrote in message
charles wrote:
In article , Bill Wright

The prong on my vax vac has snapped cut plug off thinking could put new
plug on it as only two w

ires no earth wire is it safe to put a plug on with just a live and
neutral wire no earth

Connect the brown wire to L and the blue wire to N. Don't get it the
wrong way round or the vac will suck instead of blow.

Bill

naughty

Sorry.

Bill

Posted to uk.d-i-y

These appear to be a series of troll **** posts on out of date threads,
best ignored folks.

janetdavies37(****)gmail.com is the troll tag to look out for on the
next one although I'm sure the infant will change that soon.

--
fred
it's a ba-na-na . . . .

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Actually it is a question which I have been asked for real before. On some
appliances with moulded plugs, the prong, to coin a phrase has indeed been
metal, but the construction of the plug itself has meant it can easily come
off, as its merely riveted on the bottom. The later ones I see are plastic
and part of the moulding, and on these of course its clearly obvious it is
not used!
Morphy Richards devices used to use the former mentioned plugs as I recall.
Brian

--
From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active
"fred" wrote in message ...
These appear to be a series of troll **** posts on out of date threads,
best ignored folks.

janetdavies37(****)gmail.com is the troll tag to look out for on the next
one although I'm sure the infant will change that soon.

--
fred
it's a ba-na-na . . . .

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote in message
The prong on my vax vac has snapped cut plug off thinking could put new
plug on it as only two wires no earth wire is it safe to put a plug on
with just a live and neutral wire no earth

Here are some free punctuation marks for next time:

vac has snapped cut plug off thinking

should be

vac has snapped, cut plug off, thinking