Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Panasonic KX-TG8161E Digital Cordless phone, trying to set the time and date!

Hi all,
I have just bought a Panasonic KX-TG8161E Digital Cordless
land line phone.

To set the time and date the instructions say First press OK then
proceed to step 2.

I can find no OK button! on the handset or the base station can anyone
explain how to do this please?
Mick. IOW.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Mick IOW wrote:
Hi all,
I have just bought a Panasonic KX-TG8161E Digital Cordless
land line phone.

To set the time and date the instructions say First press OK then
proceed to step 2.

I can find no OK button! on the handset or the base station can anyone
explain how to do this please?
Mick. IOW.

Reading the online manual, the centre soft key is sometime defined as OK
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Mick IOW" wrote in message
Hi all,
I have just bought a Panasonic KX-TG8161E Digital Cordless
land line phone.

To set the time and date the instructions say First press OK then
proceed to step 2.

I can find no OK button! on the handset or the base station can anyone
explain how to do this please?
Mick. IOW.

Manual Page 15

Handset soft key icons

OK accepts the current selection

michael adams

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"michael adams" wrote in message

"Mick IOW" wrote in message
Hi all,
I have just bought a Panasonic KX-TG8161E Digital Cordless
land line phone.

To set the time and date the instructions say First press OK then
proceed to step 2.

I can find no OK button! on the handset or the base station can anyone
explain how to do this please?
Mick. IOW.

Manual Page 15

Handset soft key icons

OK accepts the current selection

Page 13
Basically you fiddle around with the navigator key in the
middle scrolling through all the options until an [OK]
appears under one of the three soft keys. You then press
that key.

michael adams

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Mick IOW" wrote in message
Hi all,
I have just bought a Panasonic KX-TG8161E Digital Cordless
land line phone.

To set the time and date the instructions say First press OK then
proceed to step 2.

I can find no OK button! on the handset or the base station can anyone
explain how to do this please?
Mick. IOW.

Manual Page 15

Handset soft key icons

OK accepts the current selection

Page 13
Basically you fiddle around with the navigator key in the
middle scrolling through all the options until an [OK]
appears under one of the three soft keys. You then press
that key.

OVER one of the three soft keys.

michael adams

Posted to uk.d-i-y
OG OG is offline

On 21/01/2015 14:50, Mick IOW wrote:
Hi all,
I have just bought a Panasonic KX-TG8161E Digital Cordless
land line phone.

To set the time and date the instructions say First press OK then
proceed to step 2.

I can find no OK button! on the handset or the base station can anyone
explain how to do this please?
Mick. IOW.

the handbook says "when you insert the batteries for the first time the
handset may prompt you to set date and time"
If it is prompting you to do that, the centre button is labelled OK on
the screen.

If it's not prompting you now, press the centre (menu select) button
and navigate to the Time Settings menu, press the centre (OK) button and
the option is "Set Date/Time" with the centre button now saying OK
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Thank you all very much, I was looking for an "OK" button !
now done with your help.

And I have to admit I had a previous model to this and set it up ok 5
years ago! the marbles are going ;-)
Mick. IOW.

On Wed, 21 Jan 2015 16:40:12 +0000, OG
wrote:

On 21/01/2015 14:50, Mick IOW wrote:
Hi all,
I have just bought a Panasonic KX-TG8161E Digital Cordless
land line phone.

To set the time and date the instructions say First press OK then
proceed to step 2.

I can find no OK button! on the handset or the base station can anyone
explain how to do this please?
Mick. IOW.

the handbook says "when you insert the batteries for the first time the
handset may prompt you to set date and time"
If it is prompting you to do that, the centre button is labelled OK on
the screen.

If it's not prompting you now, press the centre (menu select) button
and navigate to the Time Settings menu, press the centre (OK) button and
the option is "Set Date/Time" with the centre button now saying OK

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Mick IOW" wrote in message
Hi all,
I have just bought a Panasonic KX-TG8161E Digital Cordless
land line phone.

To set the time and date the instructions say First press OK then
proceed to step 2.

I can find no OK button! on the handset or the base station can anyone
explain how to do this please?

Its one of the 3 buttons along the bottom of the screen, what the
manual calls the soft keys. The OK shows up above one of them on
the screen.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 21 Jan 2015 14:50:54 +0000, Mick IOW
wrote:

Hi all,
I have just bought a Panasonic KX-TG8161E Digital Cordless
land line phone.

To set the time and date the instructions say First press OK then
proceed to step 2.

I can find no OK button! on the handset or the base station can anyone
explain how to do this please?
Mick. IOW.

It's the same UI and command code structure as the TG6721 model (I
just had a swift look at the manual on line).

The three buttons immediately below the handset display are "Soft
Buttons" the functions of which are indicated at the bottom of the
display immediately above each of those three buttons.

The middle button is the menu display button which then puts you into
the top of the menu options list, starting with the 'Caller List'. If
this is what you want to check (the record of incoming calls) you
press the OK button (the middle one) aftewr which you use the scroll
button to move into the top or bottom of said list.

Alternatively, you can key in the #nnn code after selecting the menu
instead of working through the menu list via the soft buttons and
scroll button. In this case, for the time settings menu, you simply
type #101 after pressing the middle menu key.

HTH & HAND :-)
--
J B Good
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Hi all,
I have just bought a Panasonic KX-TG8161E Digital Cordless
land line phone.

To set the time and date the instructions say First press OK then
proceed to step 2.

I can find no OK button! on the handset or the base station can anyone
explain how to do this please?

is it next to the any key?