Suz

Default sticky-back plastic

Hi all
Does sticky-back plastic still exist? If so where can I get it?

TIA
Suzanne

Marcus Fox

"Suz" wrote in message
Hi all
Does sticky-back plastic still exist? If so where can I get it?

Saw some the other day in Wilkinsons.

Marcus

Grunthos

"Suz" wrote in message
Hi all
Does sticky-back plastic still exist? If so where can I get it?

TIA
Suzanne

Local branch of Staples? If they don't have it in stock, they will often
order it for you.

Phil

"Suz" wrote in message
Hi all
Does sticky-back plastic still exist? If so where can I get it?

TIA
Suzanne

That could be Fablon you're after. Rolls of self-adhesive plastic with
decorative finishes. It's still sold in Woolies and diy shops.

Phil

Graeme

In message , Suz
writes
Hi all
Does sticky-back plastic still exist? If so where can I get it?

Yes, I bought some clear stuff from W H Smith yesterday. Have seen the
coloured type (Fablon) in Homebase, I think, or possibly Do It All.
--
Graeme

Suz

Phone Blue peter and ask them.

!!

Cheeky dog. Now where's that one I made earlier.....

Suz

Does sticky-back plastic still exist? If so where can I get it?

That could be Fablon you're after. Rolls of self-adhesive plastic with
decorative finishes. It's still sold in Woolies and diy shops.

Hurrah! Have Woolwies. Must have a gander in the nearest big W.
Thanks for the name Fablon too - will make googling easier.

Suz

Does sticky-back plastic still exist? If so where can I get it?

Local branch of Staples? If they don't have it in stock, they will often
order it for you.

Don't have a Staples in Belfast. What type of shop is it?

Suz

Does sticky-back plastic still exist? If so where can I get it?

Yes, I bought some clear stuff from W H Smith yesterday. Have seen the
coloured type (Fablon) in Homebase, I think, or possibly Do It All.
--
Graeme

Hurrah again! The biggest Homebase ever just opened last week, and just a
mile down the road .

Was in WHSmith today but it was wee and didn't spot any.

Suz

Gracias amigos, Dank u wel, Go raibh maith agaibh, Asanteni.
Thanks for all the help.
Suzanne.

Suz

Does sticky-back plastic still exist? If so where can I get it?

Saw some the other day in Wilkinsons.

Marcus

Don't have a Wilkinsons in Belfast. What type of shop is it?

Alan

In message , Suz
wrote

http://www.staples.co.uk/
--
Alan

Alan

In message , Suz
wrote
Does sticky-back plastic still exist? If so where can I get it?

Yes, I bought some clear stuff from W H Smith yesterday. Have seen the
coloured type (Fablon) in Homebase, I think, or possibly Do It All.
--
Graeme

Hurrah again! The biggest Homebase ever just opened last week, and just a
mile down the road .

Probably twice the price of Woolworth/Wilkinson/Staples.

See
http://www.focusdiy.co.uk/acatalog/O..._377.html#a101
752

and
http://www.focusdiy.co.uk/design/hc_005.htm

for the range and prices from Focus/Wikes DIY sheds.
--
Alan

James Hart

Suz wrote:
Does sticky-back plastic still exist? If so where can I get it?

Saw some the other day in Wilkinsons.

Marcus

Don't have a Wilkinsons in Belfast. What type of shop is it?

National chain selling cheap stuff from paint to clothes pegs to dog food to
just about anything. I use them mainly for 13A plugs, they're cheaper than
the DIY stores, and kitchen ware.

--
James...
http://www.jameshart.co.uk/

Alan

In message , Suz
wrote

www.wilko.co.uk
--
Alan

Owain

"Suz" wrote
| Hurrah again! The biggest Homebase ever just opened last week, and
| just a mile down the road .

How many independent hardware / tool / paint / whatever shops will that kill
off?

Owain

Christian McArdle

How many independent hardware / tool / paint / whatever shops will
that kill off?

None, unless they drop their prices to merely statospheric. I can't buy
anything from Focus or Homebase without feeling physically sick at the
prices I am having to pay.

Christian.

Mary Fisher

"Suz" wrote in message
Does sticky-back plastic still exist? If so where can I get it?

Local branch of Staples? If they don't have it in stock, they will often
order it for you.

Don't have a Staples in Belfast. What type of shop is it?

You're having us on, aren't you!

Mary