Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT - Car Insurance Fiasco

alan_m wrote
TheChief wrote

Daughter's work status has changed from voluntary work to Trainee
Accountant, but Ins Co doesn't have this title, so we simply add
Accountant - premium increases to £809!!!

The premium is based on the likelihood of becoming an alcoholic. Boring
jobs with responsibility have the greater risk.

In fact doctors are at much higher risk of
becoming an alcoholics than accountants.
Drug addicts in spades.

And presumably some who might have become accountants
ended up as account assistants because they are alcoholics too.

And your insurance is null and void if you have an accident drunk anyway.

Much spluttering and noises of disbelief from my end of the phone. So we
try another job description equally appropriate of Accounts Assistant -
premium reduces to £629!!!

I can describe my job in various ways and I've seen the same with a
difference in premiums.

I've never been asked for my job description when insuring a car.

To get the best quote you really do have to shop around each year. Often
brand loyalty is rewarded with premiums that are 30 to 50% higher than you
find being a new customer with another insurance company.

I've actually found that with the compulsory insurance, its better
to renew, essentially because I no longer bother with collision
insurance and there is a substantial hike in the premium for
the compulsory insurance if you don’t have collision insurance
and my compulsory insurer assumes I have continued that.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Rod Speed" wrote in message
alan_m wrote
TheChief wrote

Daughter's work status has changed from voluntary work to Trainee
Accountant, but Ins Co doesn't have this title, so we simply add
Accountant - premium increases to £809!!!

The premium is based on the likelihood of becoming an alcoholic. Boring
jobs with responsibility have the greater risk.

In fact doctors are at much higher risk of
becoming an alcoholics than accountants.

and Mass murders too (funny things statistics)

Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

"tim....." wrote in message

"Rod Speed" wrote in message
alan_m wrote
TheChief wrote

Daughter's work status has changed from voluntary work to Trainee
Accountant, but Ins Co doesn't have this title, so we simply add
Accountant - premium increases to £809!!!

The premium is based on the likelihood of becoming an alcoholic. Boring
jobs with responsibility have the greater risk.

In fact doctors are at much higher risk of
becoming an alcoholics than accountants.

and Mass murders too (funny things statistics)

That could be true! A friend of mine is a prison warden and Denis Nilsen
once said to him "I have done some stupid things whilst I have been drunk"

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 31/12/14 09:38, ARW wrote:

That could be true! A friend of mine is a prison warden and Denis Nilsen
once said to him "I have done some stupid things whilst I have been drunk"

That has to go down as understatement of the year!

A manager (not mine but same office) when I worked for the Employment
Service in London (Jobcentres) told us he used to be Nilsen's supervisor
in one of the London JCs. His comment was "he was quiet but something
seems a bit odd".