Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Another Top Tip

When finishing a washing machine repair, do put the belt back on _before_ reinstalling it. Its so much quicker.

Just a thought, not something I've ever been so silly as to do.

NT
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 24 Dec 2014 08:32:00 -0800, meow2222 wrote:

When finishing a washing machine repair, do put the belt back on
_before_ reinstalling it. Its so much quicker.

Just a thought, not something I've ever been so silly as to do.

And when fitting a rubber plugtop, thread the cable through the hole in
the cover before attaching it to the terminals.

wish to copy them they can pay me £30a message.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wednesday, December 24, 2014 4:32:02 PM UTC, wrote:
When finishing a washing machine repair, do put the belt back on
_before_ reinstalling it. Its so much quicker.

When building a Tesco flat-pack, do find the drawer frames split and re-package for return before glueing and screwing the main carcase. It's so much easier to take it back to the shop on the bus that way.

Owain

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 24/12/14 17:34, Bob Eager wrote:
On Wed, 24 Dec 2014 08:32:00 -0800, meow2222 wrote:

When finishing a washing machine repair, do put the belt back on
_before_ reinstalling it. Its so much quicker.

Just a thought, not something I've ever been so silly as to do.

And when fitting a rubber plugtop, thread the cable through the hole in
the cover before attaching it to the terminals.

I noticed rubberised "Permaplugs" do not have that problem - which
seemed peculiar to Duraplugs.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Tim Watts" wrote in message ...

On 24/12/14 17:34, Bob Eager wrote:
On Wed, 24 Dec 2014 08:32:00 -0800, meow2222 wrote:

When finishing a washing machine repair, do put the belt back on
_before_ reinstalling it. Its so much quicker.

Just a thought, not something I've ever been so silly as to do.

And when fitting a rubber plugtop, thread the cable through the hole in
the cover before attaching it to the terminals.

I noticed rubberised "Permaplugs" do not have that problem - which seemed
peculiar to Duraplugs.

And as Huge says - just slit the entry. Probably all now been replaced over
the years, but many of mine were like that

Andrew

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , at 20:32:52 on Wed, 24
Dec 2014, Tim Watts remarked:

Last week when I had to cut the moulded plug off a heater and replace
it as it was getting hot...

Heaters are supposed to get hot
--
Roland Perry
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2014-12-24, Bob Eager wrote:
On Wed, 24 Dec 2014 08:32:00 -0800, meow2222 wrote:

When finishing a washing machine repair, do put the belt back on
_before_ reinstalling it. Its so much quicker.

Just a thought, not something I've ever been so silly as to do.

And when fitting a rubber plugtop, thread the cable through the hole in
the cover before attaching it to the terminals.

Naah. You can just cut a slit in the cable entry on the plug top and
feed the cable through it.

I was waiting for that. All the ones I've ever fitted have such a slit, I
think.

wish to copy them they can pay me £30a message.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 24/12/14 20:38, Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at 20:32:52 on Wed, 24
Dec 2014, Tim Watts remarked:

Last week when I had to cut the moulded plug off a heater and replace
it as it was getting hot...

Heaters are supposed to get hot

LoL

And a merry solstice to you too sir

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Not the ones I used to use, but in at least one case I reglued the slit
together. This joint outlasted the rest of the plug.
Brian

--
From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Huge
writes
On 2014-12-24, Bob Eager wrote:
On Wed, 24 Dec 2014 08:32:00 -0800, meow2222 wrote:

When finishing a washing machine repair, do put the belt back on
_before_ reinstalling it. Its so much quicker.

Just a thought, not something I've ever been so silly as to do.

And when fitting a rubber plugtop, thread the cable through the hole in
the cover before attaching it to the terminals.

Naah. You can just cut a slit in the cable entry on the plug top and feed
the cable through it.

+1 (quite a lot of times!)

--
Ian