Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default [OT] Winter is coming early

http://www.courier.co.uk/Worst-winte...ail/story.html

A week ago they promised us lot in Sussex torrential rain (turned out
more like drizzle and the odd downpour). Then next week was going to be
summer again for a week or two (18+C).

Now they say it's going to be stone cold bollocky early...

I will put a fiver on it being ********...

It *was* weird 2 years ago - snow in mid December - which was actually
pretty nice, really Christmassy.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 14/10/2014 16:59, Tim Watts wrote:
http://www.courier.co.uk/Worst-winte...ail/story.html

A week ago they promised us lot in Sussex torrential rain (turned out
more like drizzle and the odd downpour). Then next week was going to be
summer again for a week or two (18+C).

Now they say it's going to be stone cold bollocky early...

I will put a fiver on it being ********...

It *was* weird 2 years ago - snow in mid December - which was actually
pretty nice, really Christmassy.

We get worst / mildest winter and hottest / wettest summer forecasts
every year. They sell newspapers and are usually forgotten by the time
that anybody could know whether they are right.

--
Colin Bignell
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 14 Oct 2014 16:59:54 +0100
Tim Watts wrote:

http://www.courier.co.uk/Worst-winte...ail/story.html

A week ago they promised us lot in Sussex torrential rain (turned out
more like drizzle and the odd downpour). Then next week was going to
be summer again for a week or two (18+C).

Now they say it's going to be stone cold bollocky early...

I will put a fiver on it being ********...

It *was* weird 2 years ago - snow in mid December - which was
actually pretty nice, really Christmassy.

We are now at the point where we plan for the opposite of what the
forecast says. For example, today was supposed to be basically a rainy
day, with maybe a bright period. It was sunny all morning, turning
overcast in the afternoon, but there was no rain at all.

--
Davey.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Tim Watts
writes
http://www.courier.co.uk/Worst-winte...-way/story-231
51857-detail/story.html

A week ago they promised us lot in Sussex torrential rain (turned out
more like drizzle and the odd downpour). Then next week was going to be
summer again for a week or two (18+C).

Now they say it's going to be stone cold bollocky early...

I will put a fiver on it being ********...

It *was* weird 2 years ago - snow in mid December - which was actually
pretty nice, really Christmassy.

Perhaps they get their forecasts from the Daily Express.
--
bert
Posted to uk.d-i-y

A week ago they promised us lot in Sussex torrential rain (turned out
more like drizzle and the odd downpour). Then next week was going to be
summer again for a week or two (18+C).

Now they say it's going to be stone cold bollocky early...

I'd better get the snowblower serviced ready then!

Mike

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Tim Watts wrote:

http://www.courier.co.uk/Worst-winte...ail/story.html

A week ago they promised us lot in Sussex torrential rain (turned out
more like drizzle and the odd downpour). Then next week was going to
be summer again for a week or two (18+C).

Now they say it's going to be stone cold bollocky early...

I will put a fiver on it being ********...

It *was* weird 2 years ago - snow in mid December - which was
actually pretty nice, really Christmassy.

We are now at the point where we plan for the opposite of what the
forecast says. For example, today was supposed to be basically a rainy
day, with maybe a bright period. It was sunny all morning, turning
overcast in the afternoon, but there was no rain at all.

I don't trust *long term* forecasts but TBH I find both the Weather
Channel and the Met Office apps on phone/tablet to be pretty good.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 14/10/2014 16:59, Tim Watts wrote:
http://www.courier.co.uk/Worst-winte...ail/story.html

A week ago they promised us lot in Sussex torrential rain (turned out
more like drizzle and the odd downpour). Then next week was going to be
summer again for a week or two (18+C).

Now they say it's going to be stone cold bollocky early...

I will put a fiver on it being ********...

It *was* weird 2 years ago - snow in mid December - which was actually
pretty nice, really Christmassy.

I just use the sussex windsurfers website which shows the actual met
office charts :-

http://www.anotherharddayattheoffice...ts.html#charts

Also useful are the various websites that show the jet stream like :-

http://www.metcheck.com/uk/jetstream.asp

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 16/10/14 17:31, Andrew wrote:
On 14/10/2014 16:59, Tim Watts wrote:
http://www.courier.co.uk/Worst-winte...ail/story.html

A week ago they promised us lot in Sussex torrential rain (turned out
more like drizzle and the odd downpour). Then next week was going to be
summer again for a week or two (18+C).

Now they say it's going to be stone cold bollocky early...

I will put a fiver on it being ********...

It *was* weird 2 years ago - snow in mid December - which was actually
pretty nice, really Christmassy.

I just use the sussex windsurfers website which shows the actual met
office charts :-

http://www.anotherharddayattheoffice...ts.html#charts

Also useful are the various websites that show the jet stream like :-

http://www.metcheck.com/uk/jetstream.asp

Very useful - thanks!
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Tim Watts wrote:

http://www.courier.co.uk/Worst-winte...ail/story.html

A week ago they promised us lot in Sussex torrential rain (turned
out more like drizzle and the odd downpour). Then next week was
going to be summer again for a week or two (18+C).

Now they say it's going to be stone cold bollocky early...

I will put a fiver on it being ********...

It *was* weird 2 years ago - snow in mid December - which was
actually pretty nice, really Christmassy.

We are now at the point where we plan for the opposite of what the
forecast says. For example, today was supposed to be basically a
rainy day, with maybe a bright period. It was sunny all morning,
turning overcast in the afternoon, but there was no rain at all.

I don't trust *long term* forecasts but TBH I find both the Weather
Channel and the Met Office apps on phone/tablet to be pretty good.

I don't see the Weather Channel as being available on my local
Freeview list, and my 'phone is just a 'phone that won't do anything
else, so thanks, but no help!

--
Davey.