Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default No warming for 16 years, says Met Office

Its on the nature site and the nasa site, but it seems people are arguing as
to where the heat has gone. They had supposed into the very deep ocean, but
that has not now been detected, and it seems that sea level is rising mainly
due to the ice cap melt. The odd thing of course is that if there is more
water and its more cos it melted, where is all the extra heat now?
I'm sure they will find it.
Its very interesting though, as the earth has always tried to even things
out like some sort of self regulating system. Of course when it does go more
than a certain amount we get Ice ages and very hot times, but for some odd
reason it kind of ends up average.
We are very fortunate to live on such a planet I think.
Brian

--
From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active
"Chris Hogg" wrote in message
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencete...-prove-it.html

or http://tinyurl.com/8c56ces

--

Chris

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Brian Gaff wrote

Its on the nature site and the nasa site, but it seems people are arguing
as to where the heat has gone. They had supposed into the very deep ocean,
but that has not now been detected, and it seems that sea level is rising
mainly due to the ice cap melt. The odd thing of course is that if there
is more water and its more cos it melted, where is all the extra heat
now?
I'm sure they will find it.

Its very interesting though, as the earth has always tried to even things
out like some sort of self regulating system.

Anything that has lasted for billions of years must have done that.

Of course when it does go more than a certain amount we get Ice ages and
very hot times,

Nothing else is possible.

but for some odd reason it kind of ends up average.

Not always. Its quite different to what it once was.

We are very fortunate to live on such a planet I think.

They are all like that.