Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default lid phone camera lens thingy

Lidl have this coming up:-

SILVERCREST Smartphone Camera Lens Set
£9.99*
Per Set
Provides up to 8x optical zoom delivering crystal clear images from great distances
Set contains a protective phone case which lens is then secured to and includes a telescopic tripod, height-adjustable from (cm): 8.5 - 15
Choose from sets for Samsung Galaxy S3, S3 Mini, S4, S4 Mimi, iPhone 4/4s or iPhone 5/5s. Other models not supported"

Anyone have one or similar idea thingy?

Why is it only applicable to those phone models listed?

I was hoping to use it on a webcam?

TIA

Jim K
Posted to uk.d-i-y

JimK wrote:
Lidl have this coming up:-

SILVERCREST Smartphone Camera Lens Set
£9.99*
Per Set
Provides up to 8x optical zoom delivering crystal clear images from great distances
Set contains a protective phone case which lens is then secured to and includes a telescopic tripod, height-adjustable from (cm): 8.5 - 15
Choose from sets for Samsung Galaxy S3, S3 Mini, S4, S4 Mimi, iPhone 4/4s or iPhone 5/5s. Other models not supported"

Anyone have one or similar idea thingy?

Why is it only applicable to those phone models listed?

I was hoping to use it on a webcam?

TIA

Jim K

Glad you asked, I also wondered why only those models.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 25 Sep 2014 17:32:49 +0100, Capitol
wrote:

JimK wrote:
Lidl have this coming up:-

SILVERCREST Smartphone Camera Lens Set
£9.99*
Per Set
Provides up to 8x optical zoom delivering crystal clear images from great distances
Set contains a protective phone case which lens is then secured to and includes a telescopic tripod, height-adjustable from (cm): 8.5 - 15
Choose from sets for Samsung Galaxy S3, S3 Mini, S4, S4 Mimi, iPhone 4/4s or iPhone 5/5s. Other models not supported"

Anyone have one or similar idea thingy?

Why is it only applicable to those phone models listed?

I was hoping to use it on a webcam?

TIA

Jim K

Glad you asked, I also wondered why only those models.

I would have thought, mainly, because the supplied case ensures the
lens is mounted correctly over, and the precise distance from, the
existing camera lens.

--

Graham.

%Profound_observation%