Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Bat in the bedroom...........

.......... no, not th Mrs!

Just drifting off to sleep last night when I heard this fluttering
sound in the bedroom. A moth I thought, so turned the light on to
investigate but couldn't see anything. Light off, back to bed. A few
minutes later I heard it again, and felt a slight breeze as something
flew past my face. Wife then heard and felt it too, so light on again
to investigate.

A small bat, about the size of a sparrow, doing 50mph laps around the
bedroom, with the wife hiding under the duvet shrieking at me to do
something.

After watching it for a few minutes, it was fascinating, I turned a
light on in the landing and the bedroom light off, and after a few
mire circuits past my head it shot off out to the landing. So closed
the bedroom door and went back to bed.

Of course, all the other internal doors in the house were open, so it
could be anywhere, even found it's own way out through an open window,
but lots of places to hide in the house.

If I do manage to track it down, what's the best was to capture it
without harming it, so that I can let it go outside, maybe after it
starts to get dark this evening? We're about to go off for a weeks
holiday and I'd rather not leave the poor thing to starve to death.

Bedroom TV Jim Home Repair 44 June 7th 10 12:40 AM
Bedroom entertainment... Adrian C UK diy 3 March 24th 08 09:25 AM
what makes a bedroom a bedroom? cmay Home Ownership 9 March 23rd 06 11:06 PM
Mid two story, two bedroom terrace. What are the main requirements for converting attic to 3rd bedroom? Tez UK diy 7 March 6th 06 11:31 AM
MDF for a bedroom set [email protected] Woodworking 2 April 22nd 05 01:05 PM