Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Something for nothing

There was a voucher for a free lunchbox in the last Screwfix mailing. Fortunately, when I was in there buying some bits and bobs over the weekend, the local branch had run out so gave me a rather nice pair of safety specs instead (and far more use than a lunch box).

In an idle moment, I typed "dewalt lunch box" into Google and found this four-page thread on hotdeals.com where folks who'd previously never heard of Screwfix moan about their inability to get a freebie and those who've been lucky enough to get one moan that it doesn't come up to their expectations of something that cost nowt:

http://www.hotukdeals.com/freebies/f...90202#comments

Mind you, some folks have been cleaning up on ebay:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/161416088276

And some poor soul was even prepared to pay for the voucher:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/231326216847

I wonder how much good Screwfix derived from it all.