Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Scottish Referendum

"Richard" wrote in message
"Rod Speed" wrote in message ...

Richard wrote
Rod Speed wrote
News wrote
Dave Plowman (News) wrote
News wrote

Aberdeen is our nearest town/city, and I'm well aware of the local
situation.

Quite. As a Scot living in London,

I don't know how many years I've read this group, but had never
realised that :-)

I'd love to have all those freebies you already get and the English
don't. And in return you can have all the footie you want.

I've no real problem with an independent Scotland.

Yeah, I can't see why they can't have it if they want it.

Oh **** it.

It got sick of getting ****ed and complained to the EU about that.
Time to give Australia and New Zealand back to the aboriginals.

There never were any aboriginals in New Zealand, stupid.

Consult a dictionary, idiot.

Consult wikipedia, ****wit child.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Rod Speed" wrote in message ...

"Richard" wrote in message
"Rod Speed" wrote in message ...

[...]

Haha! Wikipedia over English language dictionaries? Yeah, you really are an
idiot. Just admit it to yourself and STFU.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 09/09/2014 16:19, Tim Streater wrote:
In article , Richard
wrote:
Haha! Wikipedia over English language dictionaries? Yeah, you really
are an idiot. Just admit it to yourself and STFU.

Woddles clearly doesn't know what "aboriginal" means.

Just add that to the many, many thousands of words he doesn't know the
meaning of.

--
Tciao for Now!

John.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
Haha! Wikipedia over English language dictionaries? Yeah, you really
are an idiot. Just admit it to yourself and STFU.

Woddles clearly doesn't know what "aboriginal" means.

Just add that to the many, many thousands of words he doesn't know the
meaning of.

That could explain why so many things to him are "bull****" - lacks the
vocabulary to describe adequately that which he sees...

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Richard" wrote in message
"Rod Speed" wrote in message ...

"Richard" wrote in message
"Rod Speed" wrote in message ...

[...]

Dictionarys are completely useless on what actually happened, ****wit child.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Tim Streater" wrote in message
.. .
In article , Richard
wrote:

"Rod Speed" wrote in message ...

"Richard" wrote in message
"Rod Speed" wrote in message ...

[...]

Wrong, as always. There never were any aboriginals in New Zealand.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Rod Speed" wrote in message ...

"Richard" wrote in message
"Rod Speed" wrote in message ...

"Richard" wrote in message
"Rod Speed" wrote in message ...

[...]

Carry on. Your pathetic drooling only reinforces the fact that you are in a
league of your own. Idiot was the lowest ranking of intellectual capacity,
falling just below imbecile. From here on, a rodspeed is the thing an idiot
can feel intellectually superior to.
On the plus side, you seem to have gained another repetitive phrase.

A dictionary definition:
http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/de...ish/aboriginal
Definition of aboriginal in English:
aboriginal
Line breaks: abo|ri¦gi¦nal
Pronunciation: /abəˈrɪdʒɪn(ə)l /
ADJECTIVE
1Inhabiting or existing in a land from the earliest times or from before the
arrival of colonists; indigenous.
MORE EXAMPLE SENTENCES
SYNONYMS
1.1 (Aboriginal) Relating to the Australian Aborigines or their languages.

If that was too hard for you to understand, another definition from a site
whose tagline is "The dictionary you can understand (but Rod Speed cannot)":
http://www.yourdictionary.com/aboriginal
aboriginal [ab€²É™ rij€²É™ nÉ™l]
adjective
The definition of aboriginal are people, animals, plants, or customs that
are native to an area.
An example of people who are described by the word aboriginal are the Native
Americans in the US.

YourDictionary definition and usage example. Copyright © 2014 by LoveToKnow
Corp

aboriginal

adjective
existing (in a place) from the beginning or from earliest days; first;
indigenous
of or characteristic of aborigines
Origin of aboriginal
; from aborigine + -al
noun
an aboriginal animal, plant, or person

See also:
http://sentence.yourdictionary.com/aboriginal

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 10/09/2014 08:24, Richard wrote:
"Rod Speed" wrote in message ...
Dictionarys are completely useless on what actually happened, ****wit
child.

aboriginal

adjective
existing (in a place) from the beginning or from earliest days; first;
indigenous
of or characteristic of aborigines
Origin of aboriginal
; from aborigine + -al
noun
an aboriginal animal, plant, or person

See also:
http://sentence.yourdictionary.com/aboriginal

So, technically, Australian aborigines aren't aboriginal, having
originally arrived from elsewhere. They are, in fact, just an earlier
batch of colonists than the European ones.

Just as the Maoris are earlier immigrants to new Zealand than the
Johnny-come-lately Europeans and Asians.

--
Tciao for Now!

John.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 10/09/2014 10:42, Tim Streater wrote:

"Rod Speed" wrote in message ...
Dictionarys are completely useless on what actually happened, ****wit
child.

aboriginal

adjective
existing (in a place) from the beginning or from earliest days; first;
indigenous
of or characteristic of aborigines
Origin of aboriginal
; from aborigine + -al
noun
an aboriginal animal, plant, or person

See also:
http://sentence.yourdictionary.com/aboriginal

So, technically, Australian aborigines aren't aboriginal, having
originally arrived from elsewhere. They are, in fact, just an earlier
batch of colonists than the European ones.

Just as the Maoris are earlier immigrants to new Zealand than the
Johnny-come-lately Europeans and Asians.

Well - in that sense none of us is - except arguably the Kenyans.

True, which is sort of the point I was trying to make.

--
Tciao for Now!

John.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Richard" wrote in message
"Rod Speed" wrote in message ...

"Richard" wrote in message
.. .
"Rod Speed" wrote in message ...

"Richard" wrote in message
"Rod Speed" wrote in message ...

[...]

reams of your puerile **** any 2 year old could leave for dead flushed
where it belongs

There is no one that qualifys with New Zealand, ****wit child.

or from before the arrival of colonists;

There is no one that qualifys with New Zealand, ****wit child.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Rod Speed
writes

reams of your puerile **** any 2 year old could leave for dead flushed
where it belongs

Then FFS learn to snip. Please.
--
Graeme
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Rod Speed" wrote in message ...
Dictionarys are completely useless on what actually happened, ****wit
child.

aboriginal

adjective
existing (in a place) from the beginning or from earliest days; first;
indigenous
of or characteristic of aborigines
Origin of aboriginal
; from aborigine + -al
noun
an aboriginal animal, plant, or person

See also:
http://sentence.yourdictionary.com/aboriginal

So, technically, Australian aborigines aren't aboriginal, having
originally arrived from elsewhere. They are, in fact, just an earlier
batch of colonists than the European ones.

Just as the Maoris are earlier immigrants to new Zealand than the
Johnny-come-lately Europeans and Asians.

Correct. Maoris look remarkably like Mayans, from southern Mexico.

There is also some evidence that Australian aborigines, themselves
displaced a smaller race of people still found in Tasmania and the
wilds of Indonesia, who had crossed a land bridge at the end of the last
ice age.

It is however hotly disputed.

http://quadrant.org.au/opinion/histo...alian-pygmies/

Posted to uk.d-i-y

who had crossed a land bridge at the end of the last ice age.

Hasn't the 'idea' of land bridges, in migrations, fallen out of
favour, and been replaced by the 'idea' of continental drift (tectonic
plates etc) ?

May well be 'talking out of my hat' (not an unusual situation) but I
am sure I heard or read something along those lines.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 10/09/14 13:21, soup wrote:
who had crossed a land bridge at the end of the last ice age.

Hasn't the 'idea' of land bridges, in migrations, fallen out of
favour, and been replaced by the 'idea' of continental drift (tectonic
plates etc) ?

Not when we are talking about vastly lowered sea levels in the last ice age.

May well be 'talking out of my hat' (not an unusual situation) but I
am sure I heard or read something along those lines.

both are valid concepts to describe sea level changes and land
movements over millennial time spans.

But continental drift acts much slower than glaciation and sea level
changes. There is a bit of a controversy about how people got to America
for example, which is worth reading up on.

In te case of Australia the route seems to have been Africa-Asia minor
-S E Asia, and then Indonesia - Australia.

NZ is completely different. Boat from S America seems to be the route.
..

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Richard
writes
"Rod Speed" wrote in message ...

"Richard" wrote in message
.. .
"Rod Speed" wrote in message ...

"Richard" wrote in message
"Rod Speed" wrote in message ...

[...]

Pronunciation: /ab0 ADJECTIVE
1Inhabiting or existing in a land from the earliest times or from
before the arrival of colonists; indigenous.
MORE EXAMPLE SENTENCES
SYNONYMS
1.1 (Aboriginal) Relating to the Australian Aborigines or their languages.

If that was too hard for you to understand, another definition from a
site whose tagline is "The dictionary you can understand (but Rod Speed
cannot)":
http://www.yourdictionary.com/aboriginal
aboriginal [ab0 adjective
The definition of aboriginal are people, animals, plants, or customs
that are native to an area.
An example of people who are described by the word aboriginal are the
Native Americans in the US.

YourDictionary definition and usage example. Copyright © 2014 by
LoveToKnow Corp

aboriginal

adjective
existing (in a place) from the beginning or from earliest days; first;
indigenous
of or characteristic of aborigines
Origin of aboriginal
; from aborigine + -al
noun
an aboriginal animal, plant, or person

See also:
http://sentence.yourdictionary.com/aboriginal

And as this is UK.d-i-y English dictionary rules OK?
--
bert

Posted to uk.d-i-y

soup wrote
The Natural Philosopher wrote

who had crossed a land bridge at the end of the last ice age.

Hasn't the 'idea' of land bridges, in migrations, fallen out of favour,

Nope, its obvious it happened. Tho technically there isnt a
complete land bridge from SE asia to Australia, there is still
a small amount of water involved at the lowest water levels.

and been replaced by the 'idea' of continental drift (tectonic plates etc)
?

Nope, that happened LONG before there were any humans around.

May well be 'talking out of my hat' (not an unusual situation)

Indeed, just like with aborigines.

but I am sure I heard or read something along those lines.

Just because some fool claims something...

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"News" wrote in message
In message , Rod Speed
writes

reams of your puerile **** any 2 year old could leave for dead flushed
where it belongs

Then FFS learn to snip. Please.

Go and **** yourself, again.

No please, that's an order.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Rod Speed
writes
soup wrote
The Natural Philosopher wrote

who had crossed a land bridge at the end of the last ice age.

Hasn't the 'idea' of land bridges, in migrations, fallen out of favour,

Nope, its obvious it happened. Tho technically there isnt a
complete land bridge from SE asia to Australia, there is still
a small amount of water involved at the lowest water levels.

and been replaced by the 'idea' of continental drift (tectonic plates
etc) ?

Nope, that happened LONG before there were any humans around.

May well be 'talking out of my hat' (not an unusual situation)

Indeed, just like with aborigines.

but I am sure I heard or read something along those lines.

Just because some fool claims something...

Exactly - that's why we ignore what you say,
--
bert
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Rod Speed" wrote in message

"News" wrote in message
In message , Rod Speed
writes

reams of your puerile **** any 2 year old could leave for dead flushed
where it belongs

Then FFS learn to snip. Please.

Go and **** yourself, again.

No please, that's an order.

Well **** a duck and a chicken, it's bellend Wodney again.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 10/09/2014 21:45, Rod Speed wrote:
soup wrote

May well be 'talking out of my hat' (not an unusual situation)

Indeed, just like with aborigines.

You do realise I have NEVER said anything (in this thread)
about"aborigines" ?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 10/09/2014 21:45, Rod Speed wrote:
soup wrote
Hasn't the 'idea' of land bridges, in migrations, fallen out of favour,

Nope, its obvious it happened.

Obvious there were migrations or obvious that those migrations were
across "land bridges" ?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 11/09/14 11:14, soup wrote:
On 10/09/2014 21:45, Rod Speed wrote:
soup wrote
Hasn't the 'idea' of land bridges, in migrations, fallen out of favour,

Nope, its obvious it happened.

Obvious there were migrations or obvious that those migrations were
across "land bridges" ?

Do yourself a favour.

Ignore Rod Speed.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

soup wrote
Rod Speed wrote
soup wrote

May well be 'talking out of my hat' (not an unusual situation)

Indeed, just like with aborigines.

You do realise I have NEVER said anything (in this thread)
about"aborigines" ?

Everyone can see for themselves that you are lying thru your teeth on that.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

soup wrote
Rod Speed wrote
soup wrote

Hasn't the 'idea' of land bridges, in migrations, fallen out of favour,

Nope, its obvious it happened.

Obvious there were migrations or obvious that
those migrations were across "land bridges" ?

Its obvious that there were land bridges or close
and that plenty of people moved over them.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 11/09/2014 12:18, Rod Speed wrote:

Everyone can see for themselves that you are lying thru your teeth on that.

I maybe a lot of things but I am NOT a liar.

In fact I was told I was too honest, even to the extent I tend not to
tell 'little white' lies to ease social situations.

You know I was feeling 'sorry' for you with what seemed like everyone
picking on yo but with an attitude/posting style like that I can see
their point.

Plonk !

Posted to uk.d-i-y

soup wrote
Rod Speed wrote
soup wrote
Rod Speed wrote
soup wrote

reams of your puerile **** and lies any 2 year old
could leave for dead flushed where it belongs

Plonk !

Fat lot of good that will ever do you, you gutless pathological liar.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Rod's peed his pants again and changed 'nym.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Rod Speed wrote:
soup wrote
Rod Speed wrote
soup wrote

May well be 'talking out of my hat' (not an unusual situation)

Indeed, just like with aborigines.

You do realise I have NEVER said anything (in this thread)
about"aborigines" ?

Everyone can see for themselves that you are lying thru your teeth on
that.

No 'we' can't. This was the original statement:-

'Oh **** it. Time to give Australia and New Zealand back to the
aboriginals.'

You need to learn the difference between Aborigine and aboriginals. Even
although real English may be foreign to you.

--
*Corduroy pillows are making headlines.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message

In article ,
Rod Speed wrote:
soup wrote
Rod Speed wrote
soup wrote

May well be 'talking out of my hat' (not an unusual situation)

Indeed, just like with aborigines.

You do realise I have NEVER said anything (in this thread)
about"aborigines" ?

Everyone can see for themselves that you are lying thru your teeth on
that.

No 'we' can't. This was the original statement:-

'Oh **** it. Time to give Australia and New Zealand back to the
aboriginals.'

You need to learn the difference between Aborigine and aboriginals. Even
although real English may be foreign to you.

Correct. And it was me, not soup who, posted that knowing full well that the
idiot would be too stupid to know the difference.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Dave Plowman (News) wrote
Rod Speed wrote
soup wrote
Rod Speed wrote
soup wrote

May well be 'talking out of my hat' (not an unusual situation)

Indeed, just like with aborigines.

You do realise I have NEVER said anything (in this thread)
about"aborigines" ?

Everyone can see for themselves that
you are lying thru your teeth on that.

No 'we' can't.

We'll see...

This was the original statement:-

'Oh **** it. Time to give Australia and
New Zealand back to the aboriginals.'

Never said a word about the original statement, stupid.

You need to learn the difference between Aborigine and aboriginals.

Nope, that is irrelevant to that comment I made.

IQA/Iberdrola/Scottish Power Windmill[_5_] UK diy 8 November 3rd 13 08:35 PM
Scottish gas soup[_7_] UK diy 19 October 21st 12 04:55 PM
A Scottish Tip Arch Woodturning 2 January 6th 08 12:29 AM
Scottish Gas ripoff? Jackie UK diy 11 April 16th 04 09:23 PM