Junior Member

Default Motorized valve problem

A motorized valve in one of the zones of the central heating system at home is faulty.

It is always open, even when no power is applied to it.

It is the well known HONEYWELL 22MM 2 PORT ZONE VALVE V4043H 1056

I have removed the power head and can close the valve by manually turning the stem that is exposed when removing the head.

The problem is that it seems that, to close the valve, I need to turn the stem more than the motorized head does. When I have tried a new head the valve still remains enough open when the head has returned to its closed position to allow hot water to the radiators.

Is there a known issue?

Is there a way to get this valve fixed without changing the body?

I do want to avoid changing the body because it requires draining the system (freezing pipes is not an option). It is a large system with over 30 radiators, and this valve is on the ground floor.

Thanks,

Antonio

Last edited by asalcedo0 : August 27th 14 at 05:11 PM
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Access to username lost

On 27/08/14 15:53, asalcedo0 wrote:
Since a few days ago I cannot log on

to what?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 27 Aug 2014 16:53:50 +0200, asalcedo0 wrote:

Anybody knows how I can fix this?

**** knows. Perhaps you should ask on the "forum" that you're having the
problem with, rather than on a usenet group?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 27 Aug 2014 16:35:27 +0100, Tim Streater wrote:

What forum? This is a newsgroup.

According to the OP's header he's posting on diy-banter

--

TOJ.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 27 Aug 2014 15:38:29 +0000 (UTC), Adrian wrote:

**** knows. Perhaps you should ask on the "forum" that you're having the
problem with, rather than on a usenet group?

Too right. Can a mod delete this thread please?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 27/08/2014 15:53, asalcedo0 wrote:

I have posted a couple of messages to the moderator of the forum but
have not got any reply.

You are posting to a Usenet newsgroup - it hasn't got a moderator.

DIY banter is just an advertising portal that leaches postings from
other sources.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 27/08/14 19:28, alan_m wrote:
On 27/08/2014 15:53, asalcedo0 wrote:

I have posted a couple of messages to the moderator of the forum but
have not got any reply.

You are posting to a Usenet newsgroup - it hasn't got a moderator.

Well, some have, to be fair. But even there, a moderator cannot reliably
cancel a post as most servers ignore cancels since the grate cancel
wars, or something...

DIY banter is just an advertising portal that leaches postings from
other sources.

Yes...

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2014-08-27, CD wrote:
On Wed, 27 Aug 2014 15:38:29 +0000 (UTC), Adrian wrote:

**** knows. Perhaps you should ask on the "forum" that you're having the
problem with, rather than on a usenet group?

Too right. Can a mod delete this thread please?

Oh, do **** off and try and understand the technology you're using, will
you?

Whoosh!

http://bit.ly/ulPPQM

--

Graham.

%Profound_observation%
Posted to uk.d-i-y
djc djc is offline

On 27/08/14 16:26, Tim Watts wrote:
On 27/08/14 15:53, asalcedo0 wrote:
Since a few days ago I cannot log on

to what?

DIYbanter I assume, as that is where the OP is from.

--
djc

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2014-08-27, CD wrote:
On Wed, 27 Aug 2014 15:38:29 +0000 (UTC), Adrian wrote:

**** knows. Perhaps you should ask on the "forum" that you're having the
problem with, rather than on a usenet group?

Too right. Can a mod delete this thread please?

Oh, do **** off and try and understand the technology you're using, will
you?

Whoosh!

http://bit.ly/ulPPQM

Go **** yourself.

Whoosh!

http://bit.ly/1rBhMKC
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2014-08-27, CD wrote:
On Wed, 27 Aug 2014 15:38:29 +0000 (UTC), Adrian wrote:

**** knows. Perhaps you should ask on the "forum" that you're having the
problem with, rather than on a usenet group?

Too right. Can a mod delete this thread please?

Oh, do **** off and try and understand the technology you're using, will
you?

Huge mistake.
--
J B Good
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2014-08-27, CD wrote:
On Wed, 27 Aug 2014 15:38:29 +0000 (UTC), Adrian wrote:

**** knows. Perhaps you should ask on the "forum" that you're having the
problem with, rather than on a usenet group?

Too right. Can a mod delete this thread please?

Oh, do **** off and try and understand the technology you're using, will
you?

Whoosh!

http://bit.ly/ulPPQM

Go **** yourself.

Huge mistake number two.
--
J B Good

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 28/08/14 05:39, F Murtz wrote:
CD wrote:
On Wed, 27 Aug 2014 15:38:29 +0000 (UTC), Adrian wrote:

**** knows. Perhaps you should ask on the "forum" that you're having the
problem with, rather than on a usenet group?

Too right. Can a mod delete this thread please?

Wotmod

I think the OP doesn't get it...

Posted to uk.d-i-y

I was just wondering too. The one piece of vital info is not present!
Brian

--
From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active
"Tim Watts" wrote in message
On 27/08/14 15:53, asalcedo0 wrote:
Since a few days ago I cannot log on

to what?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 27/08/14 22:51, djc wrote:
On 27/08/14 16:26, Tim Watts wrote:
On 27/08/14 15:53, asalcedo0 wrote:
Since a few days ago I cannot log on

to what?

DIYbanter I assume, as that is where the OP is from.

And yet he manages to post.

I think he's either a troll or a moron.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

/Huge mistake. /q

Hehe :-)

Jim K
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 27 Aug 2014 16:53:50 +0200, asalcedo0
wrote:

Since a few days ago I cannot log on with the username that I have used
for many years.

When I ask for a new password I get as username my email address, not my
old username.

When I try to log in with my email address I cannot post.

I have now registered with a new username and email, but would like to
be able to log in with my old username.

I have posted a couple of messages to the moderator of the forum but
have not got any reply.

Anybody knows how I can fix this?

Thanks,

Antonio

Ignore all the rude replies. To answer your question you need to click
on "Contact Us" on the DIYBanter.com website, because that is what you
are logging into. DIYBanter merely reproduces various usergroups, none
of which require logging into if you use a suitable newsreader (e.g.
FreeAgent), not a web browser. DIYBanter is not a forum in itself, and
does not have a moderator. If you have not had a reply via "Contact
Us", then you should find other ways to post to uk.d-i.y.
--
Dave W
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 28/08/14 18:10, asalcedo0 wrote:

Yes, I don't know if it is the British way to be so childishly
aggressive.

What do you expect - you post a message to a USENET group that is out of
context (as in "log onto what") which itself is rude as it wastes
people's time trying to figure out what you want.

You'll find the (free) advice here generally very good if you
communicate clearly.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Tim Watts wrote:

djc wrote:

Tim Watts wrote:

asalcedo0 wrote:

I cannot log on

to what?

DIYbanter I assume

And yet he manages to post.

Using a new account, rather than his original one.

I think he's either a troll

I do remember the name 'asalcedo' from some time ago ...

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Capitol wrote:

I do remember the name 'asalcedo' from some time ago ...

caseload

Did you peek in dictionary-corner?

I presume it's for something like Antonio Salcedo

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 27/08/2014 15:53, asalcedo0 wrote:
Since a few days ago I cannot log on with the username that I have used
for many years.

When I ask for a new password I get as username my email address, not my
old username.

When I try to log in with my email address I cannot post.

I have now registered with a new username and email, but would like to
be able to log in with my old username.

No username needed here ... though some will call you names.

BTW - this isn't a forum, maybe you posted in wrong place.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2014-08-27, CD wrote:
On Wed, 27 Aug 2014 15:38:29 +0000 (UTC), Adrian wrote:

**** knows. Perhaps you should ask on the "forum" that you're having the
problem with, rather than on a usenet group?

Too right. Can a mod delete this thread please?

Oh, do **** off and try and understand the technology you're using, will
you?

Whoosh!

http://bit.ly/ulPPQM

Go **** yourself.

Is Huge your first name and ****** your second?

Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

On 2014-08-27, CD wrote:
On Wed, 27 Aug 2014 15:38:29 +0000 (UTC), Adrian wrote:

**** knows. Perhaps you should ask on the "forum" that you're having
the
problem with, rather than on a usenet group?

Too right. Can a mod delete this thread please?

Oh, do **** off and try and understand the technology you're using, will
you?

Whoosh!

http://bit.ly/ulPPQM

Go **** yourself.

Is Huge your first name and ****** your second?

Why don't you just get a grip?

--
Adam

Motorized Valve Wiring asalcedo UK diy 6 September 9th 08 09:52 PM
Motorized Valve Nightmare Mike Annable UK diy 8 September 15th 06 03:51 PM
Wireless motorized valve controllers ? Geronimo W. Christ Esq UK diy 23 January 25th 06 12:41 AM
Motorized Valve problem on Central Heating Keith Abbott UK diy 6 April 21st 05 04:54 PM
Motorized valve problem a_mcbride UK diy 0 March 14th 04 01:21 PM