Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default 'None of the above' voters turn to UKIP..?

"ASHCROFT POLL ON WHERE UKIP SUPPORTERS ARE COMING FROM (AGAINST THEIR
2010 GENERAL ELECTION VOTES)

CONSERVATIVE: 24.8%
LABOUR: 14.3%
LIBERAL: 8.8%
OTHER OR DID NOT VOTE: 52.1%

Ashcroft himself expresses the view that he was surprised at the result
and had assumed that the majority of UKIP supporters were ex-Tories. The
poll endorses what we, in UKIP, have long believed, namely that our
support comes from all other parties, and none. We knew that, of the
three other big parties, the majority of our votes came from the Tories,
but almost as many seem to be coming from Labour and Liberals combined.
It is encouraging that 14.3% of our votes are coming from Labour at a
time when that party is in the ascendant. The big surprise is the huge
preponderance of €śothers and did not vote€ť. We must conclude that we are
giving hope to a very large number of disillusioned people."

Posted to uk.d-i-y

[...]

Not hope so much as giving them something different to vote for.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 26/08/2014 21:52, Rod Speed wrote:

[...]

I think UKIP appear to offer hope to some of the 30% to 90% of those
that don't vote. They throw in 'jobs' and 'housing' as part of their
pre-election ramblings, without any associated policies in support.

--
Cheers, Rob
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"RJH" wrote in message
[...]

I doubt many of those who dont vote actually believe
anything any polly claims, that's why they dont vote.

They throw in 'jobs' and 'housing' as part of their pre-election
ramblings, without any associated policies in support.

And so its only the most stupid that would get any hope from that.

Sure, there may be a few that stupid, but I doubt its very many of them.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 27/08/14 12:40, jake wrote:
On Wed, 27 Aug 2014 07:11:05 +0100, RJH wrote:

[...]

And of course the policies the other clown parties have are so well
worked out they have to lie about them. Policies = worthless tosh.

UKIP have not yet announced their policies at all.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

UKIP have not yet announced their policies at all.

They published an energy policy that put every other party to shame.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wednesday, 27 August 2014 16:12:44 UTC+1, Tim Watts wrote:

UKIP have not yet announced their policies at all.

They published an energy policy that put every other party to shame.

If that's the one in the link then my policy is far better as it gives free gas and electicity to everyone and their dog or cat, but don't ask me how I will pay for it. That's not one of my polices :-)
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Tim Watts wrote:

They published an energy policy that put every other party to shame.

Since their energy policy is based on the mistaken view
that man-made climate change is not occurring,
it would be bound to lead to disaster if followed.

--
Timothy Murphy
e-mail: gayleard /at/ eircom.net

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 27/08/14 16:03, Bob Henson wrote:
The Natural Philosopher wrote:

On 27/08/14 12:40, jake wrote:
[...]

They have.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-22396690

That's the BBC announcing what they think UKIPs policies are.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tuesday, 26 August 2014 18:44:18 UTC+1, The Natural Philosopher wrote:
"ASHCROFT POLL ON WHERE UKIP SUPPORTERS ARE COMING FROM (AGAINST THEIR

2010 GENERAL ELECTION VOTES)

CONSERVATIVE: 24.8%

LABOUR: 14.3%

LIBERAL: 8.8%

OTHER OR DID NOT VOTE: 52.1%

Ashcroft himself expresses the view that he was surprised at the result
and had assumed that the majority of UKIP supporters were ex-Tories. The
poll endorses what we, in UKIP, have long believed, namely that our
support comes from all other parties, and none. We knew that, of the
three other big parties, the majority of our votes came from the Tories,
but almost as many seem to be coming from Labour and Liberals combined.
It is encouraging that 14.3% of our votes are coming from Labour at a
time when that party is in the ascendant. The big surprise is the huge
preponderance of "others and did not vote". We must conclude that we are
giving hope to a very large number of disillusioned people."

But will they really get up and go and vote that is the point and I don't think they will.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"whisky-dave" wrote in message
[...]

Yeah, bet they wont.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

What the f'ck has this to do with uk.d-i-y ?

In article , The Natural Philosopher
writes

[...]

fred
it's a ba-na-na . . . .

UKIP supporters Jabba UK diy 205 June 27th 14 02:28 AM
OT UKIP harryagain[_2_] UK diy 258 May 7th 14 11:15 AM
UKIP - humour bypass Jabba UK diy 6 May 4th 14 07:39 AM
What if UKIP formed a government? The Natural Philosopher[_2_] UK diy 1 April 16th 14 08:52 AM
OT UKIP and immigration. harry UK diy 102 April 1st 13 10:49 PM