Posted to uk.d-i-y
jkn jkn is offline

Default enlarging pasting table

I've just bought some posh lining paper (from decoratingdirect). I knew
about the 20m rolls, but had missed the fact that they are 75cm wide. Better
value perhaps, but too wide for my 60cm pasting table!

I am thinking of getting a sheet of say 12mm MDF cut down to perhaps 2m x
90cm, wrapping it in thin polythene, and putting it on top of my pasting
table, so I can deal with the wider rolls. Anyone got any better ideas
before I go down this route?

Thanks a lot
Jon N

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Lee Lee is offline

On 19/08/2014 21:16, jkn wrote:
I've just bought some posh lining paper (from decoratingdirect). I knew
about the 20m rolls, but had missed the fact that they are 75cm wide.

snip
Anyone got any better ideas before I go down this route?

The 75cm stuff I got from them was paste-the-wall...
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 19/08/2014 21:16, jkn wrote:
I've just bought some posh lining paper (from decoratingdirect). I knew
about the 20m rolls, but had missed the fact that they are 75cm wide. Better
value perhaps, but too wide for my 60cm pasting table!

I am thinking of getting a sheet of say 12mm MDF cut down to perhaps 2m x
90cm, wrapping it in thin polythene, and putting it on top of my pasting
table, so I can deal with the wider rolls. Anyone got any better ideas
before I go down this route?

Thanks a lot
Jon N

Varnish the wider piece of timber (and the original table)) So much
easier to clean

Malcolm
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , jkn
writes
I've just bought some posh lining paper (from decoratingdirect). I knew
about the 20m rolls, but had missed the fact that they are 75cm wide. Better
value perhaps, but too wide for my 60cm pasting table!

I am thinking of getting a sheet of say 12mm MDF cut down to perhaps 2m x
90cm, wrapping it in thin polythene, and putting it on top of my pasting
table, so I can deal with the wider rolls. Anyone got any better ideas
before I go down this route?

Hardboard would do just as well but I would cut it to the width of the
paper, the reason pasting tables are roll width is so that you don't get
paste on the table surface and then inadvertently transfer it to the top
of the next sheet. 7 odd cm unsupported on the hardboard will be fine.
--
fred
it's a ba-na-na . . . .
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 20/08/2014 12:21, fred wrote:
In article , jkn
writes
I've just bought some posh lining paper (from decoratingdirect). I knew
about the 20m rolls, but had missed the fact that they are 75cm wide.
Better
value perhaps, but too wide for my 60cm pasting table!

I am thinking of getting a sheet of say 12mm MDF cut down to perhaps 2m x
90cm, wrapping it in thin polythene, and putting it on top of my pasting
table, so I can deal with the wider rolls. Anyone got any better ideas
before I go down this route?

Hardboard would do just as well but I would cut it to the width of the
paper, the reason pasting tables are roll width is so that you don't get
paste on the table surface and then inadvertently transfer it to the top
of the next sheet.

?

Paste tables are 56cm, wallpaper is 52cm.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
jkn jkn is offline

Lee wrote:

On 19/08/2014 21:16, jkn wrote:
I've just bought some posh lining paper (from decoratingdirect). I knew
about the 20m rolls, but had missed the fact that they are 75cm wide.

snip
Anyone got any better ideas before I go down this route?

The 75cm stuff I got from them was paste-the-wall...

D'oh! I think you are right, I had forgotten about that (was planning to
follow the 'old skool' method instead. Thanks for that.

Good point about keeping the width at least similar fred, thanks.

Cheers
J^n

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , The Medway Handyman
writes
On 20/08/2014 12:21, fred wrote:
In article , jkn
writes
I've just bought some posh lining paper (from decoratingdirect). I knew
about the 20m rolls, but had missed the fact that they are 75cm wide.
Better
value perhaps, but too wide for my 60cm pasting table!

I am thinking of getting a sheet of say 12mm MDF cut down to perhaps 2m x
90cm, wrapping it in thin polythene, and putting it on top of my pasting
table, so I can deal with the wider rolls. Anyone got any better ideas
before I go down this route?

Hardboard would do just as well but I would cut it to the width of the
paper, the reason pasting tables are roll width is so that you don't get
paste on the table surface and then inadvertently transfer it to the top
of the next sheet.

?

Paste tables are 56cm, wallpaper is 52cm.

So it is although all the lining I have here is 56 which is pretty much
all I use these days.
--
fred
it's a ba-na-na . . . .

Enlarging an EEPROM ? N_Cook Electronics Repair 11 June 9th 12 04:23 AM
Enlarging a round hole Martin UK diy 12 November 6th 05 11:47 PM
Enlarging a letterbox? Jeremy C B Nicoll UK diy 5 August 26th 05 10:44 AM
Enlarging a Fireplace andrewpreece UK diy 4 January 5th 05 11:33 PM
Enlarging a hole for a de barry martin Home Repair 1 October 14th 04 02:12 AM