Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT - TV episodes, on-line download in UK ?

Is there a good site for downloading UK TV episodes ?
In US they have HULU but can't access that.

I have tried http://watchseries.lt/
but it is very slow .. and does not support download, only streaming.

Be good to be able to set to download and then watch without bufferring.
Posted to uk.d-i-y
GB GB is offline

On 10/08/2014 11:51, Rick Hughes wrote:
Is there a good site for downloading UK TV episodes ?
In US they have HULU but can't access that.

I have tried http://watchseries.lt/
but it is very slow .. and does not support download, only streaming.

Be good to be able to set to download and then watch without bufferring.

Amazon have a good selection of TV shows online. Free if you pay £79 for
Prime.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

I've often thought that the tv companies over here and other parts of the
world are missing a trick here. They could get together and offer a
reasonably priced system. However I know why they don't its all to do with
rights. IE they make more money by restricting access except b via those
abroad who have the rights. they presumably get loads of dosh as they can
let the foreign company run its own ads in the programs.
All the lawyers will then be busy and happy.
Brian

--
From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active
"GB" wrote in message
On 10/08/2014 11:51, Rick Hughes wrote:
Is there a good site for downloading UK TV episodes ?
In US they have HULU but can't access that.

I have tried http://watchseries.lt/
but it is very slow .. and does not support download, only streaming.

Be good to be able to set to download and then watch without bufferring.

Amazon have a good selection of TV shows online. Free if you pay £79 for
Prime.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 11/08/2014 08:48, Brian Gaff wrote:
I've often thought that the tv companies over here and other parts of the
world are missing a trick here. They could get together and offer a
reasonably priced system.

Isn't that what Netflix does?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 11/08/2014 11:57, Jethro_uk wrote:
On Mon, 11 Aug 2014 09:14:22 +0100, stuart noble wrote:

On 11/08/2014 08:48, Brian Gaff wrote:
I've often thought that the tv companies over here and other parts of
the world are missing a trick here. They could get together and offer a
reasonably priced system.

Isn't that what Netflix does?

And if it's not on Netflix, it'll be Lovefilm.

Oh, hang on. That's *two* services.

And if it's not on those, it'll surely be on Blinkbox.

It seems Loony Tunes have persuaded the kids to pay for pop songs (which
I find amazing), so there's a chance we might all shell out for Game of
Thrones (I might if I could follow the plot or remember who was who).
IMO the American networks have raised the bar and Aunty BBC is looking
distinctly dull and amateurish by comparison, except of course when
she's chronicling the daily life of woodlice.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 10/08/2014 11:51, Rick Hughes wrote:
Is there a good site for downloading UK TV episodes ?
In US they have HULU but can't access that.

I have tried http://watchseries.lt/
but it is very slow .. and does not support download, only streaming.

Be good to be able to set to download and then watch without bufferring.

Have you tried https://eztv.it ?

Adrian

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 10/08/2014 15:15, John Rumm wrote:
On 10/08/2014 13:44, Adrian Brentnall wrote:
On 10/08/2014 11:51, Rick Hughes wrote:
Is there a good site for downloading UK TV episodes ?
In US they have HULU but can't access that.

I have tried http://watchseries.lt/
but it is very slow .. and does not support download, only streaming.

Be good to be able to set to download and then watch without bufferring.

Have you tried https://eztv.it ?

+1

Wow! Site not blocked yet. Soon will be no doubt. Pirate Bay soldiers on

https://xadeath.net:444/

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 10/08/2014 17:29, stuart noble wrote:
On 10/08/2014 15:15, John Rumm wrote:
On 10/08/2014 13:44, Adrian Brentnall wrote:
On 10/08/2014 11:51, Rick Hughes wrote:
Is there a good site for downloading UK TV episodes ?
In US they have HULU but can't access that.

I have tried http://watchseries.lt/
but it is very slow .. and does not support download, only streaming.

Be good to be able to set to download and then watch without
bufferring.

Have you tried https://eztv.it ?

+1

Wow! Site not blocked yet. Soon will be no doubt. Pirate Bay soldiers on

It was blocked by some ISPs a while back, but there are lots of proxy
sites for it.

When it was first blocked they even managed to include a nice page on
the site that side stepped the filters and explained how to circumvent
them in future.

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 10/08/2014 18:46, John Rumm wrote:
[...]

I use this when I need to:

http://come.in/

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 10/08/2014 17:29, stuart noble wrote:
On 10/08/2014 15:15, John Rumm wrote:
On 10/08/2014 13:44, Adrian Brentnall wrote:
On 10/08/2014 11:51, Rick Hughes wrote:
Is there a good site for downloading UK TV episodes ?
In US they have HULU but can't access that.

I have tried http://watchseries.lt/
but it is very slow .. and does not support download, only streaming.

Be good to be able to set to download and then watch without
bufferring.

Have you tried https://eztv.it ?

+1

Wow! Site not blocked yet. Soon will be no doubt. Pirate Bay soldiers on

It is on BT.

--
Cheers, Rob
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
says...

Is there a good site for downloading UK TV episodes ?
In US they have HULU but can't access that.

I have tried
http://watchseries.lt/
but it is very slow .. and does not support download, only streaming.

Be good to be able to set to download and then watch without bufferring.

Strange that you should ask this question here.

I understand that usenet is quite useful for this kind of thing.

--
Sam
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jb Jb is offline

"Sam Plusnet" wrote in message
In article ,
says...

Is there a good site for downloading UK TV episodes ?
In US they have HULU but can't access that.

Have you tried:
www.tvseries.net ?

---

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Jb" wrote in message

"Sam Plusnet" wrote in message
In article ,
says...

Is there a good site for downloading UK TV episodes ?
In US they have HULU but can't access that.

Have you tried:
www.tvseries.net ?

Having to "buy credits" is not my idea of "free to watch"

(and that was for historic content, not current runs)

tim

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Rick Hughes" wrote in message
news
Is there a good site for downloading UK TV episodes ?
In US they have HULU but can't access that.

I have tried http://watchseries.lt/
but it is very slow .. and does not support download, only streaming.

Be good to be able to set to download and then watch without bufferring.

On IE - View - source.
FF - Tools - Web Developer - View source
Chrome Tools - View Source

search for MP4 or FLV file name. Copy full url (including an access code if
present) to command line (or file manager of your choice)

not all sites work with all browsers

tim

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Monday, August 11, 2014 7:31:04 PM UTC+1, tim..... wrote:
"Rick Hughes" wrote in message

news
Is there a good site for downloading UK TV episodes ?

In US they have HULU but can't access that.

I have tried http://watchseries.lt/

but it is very slow .. and does not support download, only streaming.

Be good to be able to set to download and then watch without bufferring..

On IE - View - source.

FF - Tools - Web Developer - View source

Chrome Tools - View Source

search for MP4 or FLV file name. Copy full url (including an access code if

present) to command line (or file manager of your choice)

not all sites work with all browsers

tim

What they have started to do on some sites is break the episodes into many parts with some protocol to change to the correct section, in which case the URL you grab only plays a few minutes. The subsequent parts may not be detectable. This happened on the French site I used to download from to transcode for ipod. I gave up trying to download and now watch online (I also use VPN to avoid the regional restriction).

Simon.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"sm_jamieson" wrote in message
[...]

never had this problem

I sometimes find that I can't find out the URL from the source,

so I just move on to the next

tim

Simon.