Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Dust Masks and Goggles don't mix, it seems

Hi all,

I made the terrible mistake of buying some of these crappy Sealey face
masks: http://tinyurl.com/ns9msee

Sadly, they turned out to be worse than useless - by some distance.
I was attempting to sand off a water tank for repainting, but the mask
stopped none of the dust and in addition, caused my safety glasses to
mist up completely so I was totally unable to see anything. And yes, I
did tweak the nose wire thing to shape beforehand.

Looking at the design it's hard to see how this junk could be expected
to work even before the first prototype was made.
If you wear safety glasses or ordinary glasses, have you found a mask
that actually *works* and *doesn't* render the glasses opaque?

Dust masks Max Woodworking 11 April 1st 11 09:46 PM
recommended dust masks Broadback UK diy 8 January 7th 09 06:49 PM
Dust masks? [email protected] Woodworking 1 February 13th 06 05:56 AM
dust masks - Darth Vader or not? Han Woodworking 9 September 30th 05 02:02 AM
Question on dust masks again mywebaccts (at) PLUGcomcast.net Woodworking 5 August 22nd 05 02:04 AM