Posted to uk.d-i-y
srt srt is offline

Default Aluminium threshold protector

Hi,
I have a need to protect the wooden door threshold of my kitchen door.
I am thinking aluminium sheet like a kick-plate only bent
It is L shaped 90mmx40mmx835 and needs a slight incline from the back to
the turned edge before it drops, if that can be understood - sorry.
Does anyone have any ideas who might be best to contact for this type of
thing? I am in Chester area.
Thanks.
Stuart.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

srt wrote:
Hi,
I have a need to protect the wooden door threshold of my kitchen door.
I am thinking aluminium sheet like a kick-plate only bent
It is L shaped 90mmx40mmx835 and needs a slight incline from the back to
the turned edge before it drops, if that can be understood - sorry.
Does anyone have any ideas who might be best to contact for this type of
thing? I am in Chester area.
Thanks.
Stuart.

A local sheet metal place should be able to make something up for you to
your dimensions.
The chances of finding a commercial product "just right" are slim

You might want to consider stainless steel as aluminium will scratch and
ding quite easily.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 24/07/2014 10:05, srt wrote:
Hi,
I have a need to protect the wooden door threshold of my kitchen door.
I am thinking aluminium sheet like a kick-plate only bent
It is L shaped 90mmx40mmx835 and needs a slight incline from the back to
the turned edge before it drops, if that can be understood - sorry.
Does anyone have any ideas who might be best to contact for this type of
thing? I am in Chester area.

Try Googling for step covers or stair tread covers.

--
Colin Bignell
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
srt wrote:
Hi,
I have a need to protect the wooden door threshold of my kitchen door.
I am thinking aluminium sheet like a kick-plate only bent
It is L shaped 90mmx40mmx835 and needs a slight incline from the back to
the turned edge before it drops, if that can be understood - sorry.
Does anyone have any ideas who might be best to contact for this type of
thing? I am in Chester area.
Thanks.
Stuart.

Ordinary plain ally will look quite scruffy in short order. Anodised will
survive rather better - or ribbed, etc.

Traditionally, it would be brass. If you don't mind looking after it.

Stainless steel would probably be best if you want a more modern look.

Or even glued on ribbed rubber. You can buy that by the metre from the
likes of Woolies.

--
*PMS jokes aren't funny; period.*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y
srt srt is offline

In article ,
srt wrote:
Hi,
I have a need to protect the wooden door threshold of my kitchen door.
I am thinking aluminium sheet like a kick-plate only bent
It is L shaped 90mmx40mmx835 and needs a slight incline from the back to
the turned edge before it drops, if that can be understood - sorry.
Does anyone have any ideas who might be best to contact for this type of
thing? I am in Chester area.
Thanks.
Stuart.

Ordinary plain ally will look quite scruffy in short order. Anodised will
survive rather better - or ribbed, etc.

Traditionally, it would be brass. If you don't mind looking after it.

Stainless steel would probably be best if you want a more modern look.

Or even glued on ribbed rubber. You can buy that by the metre from the
likes of Woolies.

Thanks for that folks. I had been googling for ages but found what I am
after at a site after putting in doorstep !! Typical well its showing
50.mm x 100mm x 825mm which is about right and its in ssteel. £34.50 +
delivery so think I will give it a go
Many thanks for your input.

Carpet protector Robin UK diy 16 July 16th 14 06:01 PM
Surge Protector Oren[_2_] Home Repair 84 September 15th 13 08:05 AM
Fabric protector GB UK diy 4 July 6th 13 06:04 PM
Grout Protector polygonum UK diy 0 November 27th 12 10:42 PM
Surge Protector PromisedOyster Home Repair 3 April 24th 06 08:40 PM