Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Tyre pumps

Having said I couldnt see any sense in the little electric ones, I now want one Not for tyres, but for blowing up lots of balloons.

Aldi do £6 electric ones, but are they able to inflate 50 baloons without frying themselves? Even if they do, how long could one expect them to last? I presume the answer isn't good.
They also do large high capacity (3l) low pressure footpumps, of the step on a bag type. Are these effective for balloons?

thanks
NT
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 20 Jun 2014 15:53:26 -0700, meow2222 wrote:

Having said I couldnt see any sense in the little electric ones, I now
want one Not for tyres, but for blowing up lots of balloons.

Aldi do £6 electric ones, but are they able to inflate 50 baloons
without frying themselves? Even if they do, how long could one expect
them to last? I presume the answer isn't good.
They also do large high capacity (3l) low pressure footpumps, of the
step on a bag type. Are these effective for balloons?

Better to get an airbed inflator. About 4 quid online.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Saturday, June 21, 2014 12:21:54 AM UTC+1, Bob Eager wrote:
On Fri, 20 Jun 2014 15:53:26 -0700, meow2222 wrote:

Having said I couldnt see any sense in the little electric ones, I now

want one Not for tyres, but for blowing up lots of balloons.

Aldi do £6 electric ones, but are they able to inflate 50 baloons

without frying themselves? Even if they do, how long could one expect

them to last? I presume the answer isn't good.

They also do large high capacity (3l) low pressure footpumps, of the

step on a bag type. Are these effective for balloons?

Better to get an airbed inflator. About 4 quid online.

Have they got any faster? Years ago we bought one for an inflatable dinghy. It was so slow it was a p.i.t.a. . The constant buzz was very annoying
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 21 Jun 2014 02:00:47 -0700, fred wrote:

On Saturday, June 21, 2014 12:21:54 AM UTC+1, Bob Eager wrote:
On Fri, 20 Jun 2014 15:53:26 -0700, meow2222 wrote:

Having said I couldnt see any sense in the little electric ones, I
now

want one Not for tyres, but for blowing up lots of balloons.

Aldi do £6 electric ones, but are they able to inflate 50 baloons

without frying themselves? Even if they do, how long could one expect

them to last? I presume the answer isn't good.

They also do large high capacity (3l) low pressure footpumps, of the

step on a bag type. Are these effective for balloons?

Better to get an airbed inflator. About 4 quid online.

Have they got any faster? Years ago we bought one for an inflatable
dinghy. It was so slow it was a p.i.t.a. . The constant buzz was very
annoying

I found it a good deal faster than a tyre pump....

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Bob Eager
writes
On Fri, 20 Jun 2014 15:53:26 -0700, meow2222 wrote:

Having said I couldnt see any sense in the little electric ones, I now
want one Not for tyres, but for blowing up lots of balloons.

Aldi do £6 electric ones, but are they able to inflate 50 baloons
without frying themselves? Even if they do, how long could one expect
them to last? I presume the answer isn't good.
They also do large high capacity (3l) low pressure footpumps, of the
step on a bag type. Are these effective for balloons?

Better to get an airbed inflator. About 4 quid online.

I tried to blow up balloons with one of these a couple of weeks ago.

It couldn't overcome the back pressure from the balloon, so I ended up
ditching all technology and just blowing.

https://www.aldi.ie/en/specialbuys/t...cts-detail-pag
e/ps/p/electric-air-pump-1/
--
Bill

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 21 Jun 2014 13:59:19 +0100, Bill wrote:

Better to get an airbed inflator. About 4 quid online.

I tried to blow up balloons with one of these a couple of weeks ago.

It couldn't overcome the back pressure from the balloon, ...

Yes, that initial start to inflate pressure is surprisingly high. I'm
not surprised that a air bed inflator couldn't cope, they are high
volume/low pressure devices. A tyre pump will do the pressure but
will take an age to inflate a ballon as they are low volume/high
pressure.

The hand held ballon inflators are designed for job, easy to hold the
ballon on the nozzle, lots of volume, pressure controlled by the most
sophisticated computer known.

--
Cheers
Dave.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Saturday, June 21, 2014 8:42:41 PM UTC+1, Dave Liquorice wrote:
On Sat, 21 Jun 2014 13:59:19 +0100, Bill wrote:

Better to get an airbed inflator. About 4 quid online.

I tried to blow up balloons with one of these a couple of weeks ago.
It couldn't overcome the back pressure from the balloon, ...

Yes, that initial start to inflate pressure is surprisingly high. I'm
not surprised that a air bed inflator couldn't cope, they are high
volume/low pressure devices. A tyre pump will do the pressure but
will take an age to inflate a ballon as they are low volume/high
pressure.
The hand held ballon inflators are designed for job, easy to hold the
ballon on the nozzle, lots of volume, pressure controlled by the most
sophisticated computer known.

Sounds like none of the Aldi offerings will do it then. I'll look at a balloon pump. Thanks folks.

NT

Car tyre pump Michael Chare[_2_] UK diy 40 May 26th 14 03:19 PM
Time for a new tyre? JoeJoe UK diy 79 December 24th 12 12:07 PM
Tyre sizes Harry Bloomfield[_3_] UK diy 23 August 28th 10 11:02 AM
Car tyre inflator al UK diy 20 March 12th 05 08:49 PM