Egbert Nobacon

Default AEG 16800 condenser question

Hi Simon, what symptoms are you experiencing and are any error codes
generated?
"Simon" wrote in message
om...
Hi,

I have an 18 month old AEG Lavamat 16800. It has broken down for the
2nd time and needs a new dryer controller board. This puts repairs up
to £300! Besides the fact that I am not at all happy with this machine
(yeah, I know, should of got seperates, etc..), the engineer said
something about the condenser filter being half full, and might need
replacing? Can anyone tell me what he was talking about? What might
need to be replaced, can I get one myself and is it easy to fit? Is it
a consumable?

Cheers,

Si

Simon

"Egbert Nobacon" wrote in message m...
Hi Simon, what symptoms are you experiencing and are any error codes
generated?

During the drying cycle, the timer does not go down, and after
(approx) 10 minutes, you get E40 (blocked water input I think). The
washing cycle is fine, so I do not suspect the water in, and have
already taken it off and checked it. The engineer said that he would
replace the dryer control board (£200 all in) as the element, etc..
all seem OK.

Simon

"Egbert Nobacon" wrote in message m...
Interestingly E40 codes normally denote a door interlock anomaly with this
range, is it a Service Force engineer that has diagnosed appliance?

Ooops, when I said E40, I meant E10. Turns out that the water valve
for the condensor was broken, thankfully not the controller board. £12
as opposed to £150 for a simple rectifier board! Hurrah!

I will not get another AEG again, all the engineers who came round to
repair/look at it so far all swear by Bosch - next time it breaks
down, I shall check them out.