Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Worlds smallest wood screw?

http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l2...416_171605.jpg

Included in a John Lewis venetian blind.

Used to fix metal brackets to a wooden fascia strip. Had to use a PH0
watchmakers screwdriver!

Where would you get a screw that small?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"The Medway Handyman" wrote in message
http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l2...416_171605.jpg

Included in a John Lewis venetian blind.

Used to fix metal brackets to a wooden fascia strip. Had to use a PH0 watchmakers
screwdriver!

Where would you get a screw that small?

1/8 inch long, $145 per 100, in lots under 500

http://www.jimorrisco.com/miniature-...ng-screws.html

michael adams

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 18 Apr 2014 16:57:53 +0100, "michael adams"
wrote:

"The Medway Handyman" wrote in message
http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l2...416_171605.jpg

Included in a John Lewis venetian blind.

Used to fix metal brackets to a wooden fascia strip. Had to use a PH0 watchmakers
screwdriver!

Where would you get a screw that small?

1/8 inch long, $145 per 100, in lots under 500

http://www.jimorrisco.com/miniature-...ng-screws.html

I've got a few, waiting for the necessary tuits for a repair project.

IIRC I extracted 4 of them from a broken poundshop LED headtorch.
http://www.poundland.co.uk/media/cat...e5fb8d27136e95
for example.

Nick
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

"The Medway Handyman" wrote in message
http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l2...416_171605.jpg

Included in a John Lewis venetian blind.

Used to fix metal brackets to a wooden fascia strip. Had to use a PH0 watchmakers
screwdriver!

Where would you get a screw that small?

1/8 inch long, $145 per 100, in lots under 500

http://www.jimorrisco.com/miniature-...ng-screws.html

I've got a few, waiting for the necessary tuits for a repair project.

IIRC I extracted 4 of them from a broken poundshop LED headtorch.
http://www.poundland.co.uk/media/cat...e5fb8d27136e95
for example.

Nick

Not sure about the above, as the link is refusing permission, but
the 9 bulb Edwards ones, really are the dog's whatsits at £1 a throw.

I've found that ones that don't seem to work can sometimes be brought back
to life simply by rotating the batteries. (I've found this with a number
of things including digital scales.)

I had a reasonable headband from a more expensive and less powerful
version bought earlier, and use the others as hand torches.

michael adams

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 18 Apr 2014 17:36:05 +0100, "michael adams"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

[...]

Sorry about that: I just copied the image address from the Properties
data and didn't check it afterwards.

My search terms on google images was poundshop LED headtorch and it
brought me to the Poundland site.

Nick

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Nick Odell" wrote in message
On Fri, 18 Apr 2014 17:36:05 +0100, "michael adams"
wrote:

. ..
wrote:

[...]

Sorry about that:

No problem. I googled "Poundland" and "head torch" just out of curiosity
afterwards, and got an Elektrek 7. A grey one with knobs on the side.
And small screws in evidence.

ISTR I bought one of those, and the rotating knob stopped working
after a time, no matter how much the batteries were twiddled.

The 9 bulb Edwards ones are now £4.48 on Amazon I'm pleased to
say. So that the 10 I stocked up on, represent a saving of £34.80.
They have a simple red button/switch but the headbands are rubbish.

michael adams

I just copied the image address from the Properties
data and didn't check it afterwards.

My search terms on google images was poundshop LED headtorch and it
brought me to the Poundland site.

Nick

Posted to uk.d-i-y

And actually would it really be able to hold much at all if you did, from
your description.
I notice most pieces of equipment these daya that have tiny screws they are
mostly threaded not self tapping.

Brian

--
From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active
"The Medway Handyman" wrote in message
http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l2...416_171605.jpg

Included in a John Lewis venetian blind.

Used to fix metal brackets to a wooden fascia strip. Had to use a PH0
watchmakers screwdriver!

Where would you get a screw that small?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l2...416_171605.jpg

Included in a John Lewis venetian blind.

Used to fix metal brackets to a wooden fascia strip. Had to use a PH0
watchmakers screwdriver!

Where would you get a screw that small?

Well....you could buy a John Lewis venetian blind and nick the screws
from that

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 19/04/2014 10:00, Brian Gaff wrote:
And actually would it really be able to hold much at all if you did, from
your description.
I notice most pieces of equipment these daya that have tiny screws they are
mostly threaded not self tapping.

In the bottom of a box somewhere, I have a plate die for cutting threads
down to 20BA (0.48mm OD), although I've never had a BA tap finer than
16BA (0.79mm OD).

Colin Bignell

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , GMM
writes
http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l2...416_171605.jpg

Included in a John Lewis venetian blind.

Used to fix metal brackets to a wooden fascia strip. Had to use a PH0
watchmakers screwdriver!

Where would you get a screw that small?

Well....you could buy a John Lewis venetian blind and nick the screws
from that

Dunelm Mill are a lot cheaper.
--
bert

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 20 Apr 2014 21:08:14 +0100, bert ] wrote:

In message , GMM
writes
http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l2...416_171605.jpg

Included in a John Lewis venetian blind.

Used to fix metal brackets to a wooden fascia strip. Had to use a PH0
watchmakers screwdriver!

Where would you get a screw that small?

Well....you could buy a John Lewis venetian blind and nick the screws
from that

Dunelm Mill are a lot cheaper.

I bought a replacement mini usb socket from PoundLand (it came with a
free SD to usb card adapter attached). Since I had to warm up the
soldering iron anyway to effect the repair on a USB SATA HDD docking
station, I didn't see the need to open up the card reader and unsolder
the socket as any great inconvenience. :-)
--
Regards, J B Good