Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Does silicone sealant stick to itself?

The ****-up fairy visited recently and left cottage cheese in place of
the silicone sealant I asked for.

Will fressh-out-of-the-tube sealant stick to it's cured self? I hope so,
it will save hassle.

Thanks in advance,

David Paste.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

David Paste wrote:
The ****-up fairy visited recently and left cottage cheese in place of
the silicone sealant I asked for.

Will fressh-out-of-the-tube sealant stick to it's cured self? I hope so,
it will save hassle.

Nope. Better off trying to get two North poles of neodynium magnets to
stick together.

--
Scott

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sunday, 30 March 2014 12:02:46 UTC+1, Scott M wrote:

Nope. Better off trying to get two North poles of neodynium magnets to
stick together.

********!! OK, cheers!
Posted to uk.d-i-y

David Paste wrote:
On Sunday, 30 March 2014 12:02:46 UTC+1, Scott M wrote:

Nope. Better off trying to get two North poles of neodynium magnets to
stick together.

********!! OK, cheers!

Dig it out and use silicone eater to clear away the residue so that it
will stick.

--
Scott

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sunday, 30 March 2014 22:46:03 UTC+1, Scott M wrote:

Dig it out and use silicone eater to clear away the residue so that it
will stick.

Silicone eater! Yes, I'd forgotten about that.

Thanks for the reminder, Scott!

Silicone sealant diy-newby UK diy 28 November 2nd 07 04:33 PM
Silicone sealant vs silicone adhesive? Walter Cohen Home Repair 8 October 31st 07 11:32 AM
Silicone sealant vs silicone adhesive? Walter Cohen Home Ownership 8 October 31st 07 11:32 AM
Silicone Sealant?? PeteD UK diy 4 December 20th 05 11:29 PM
Silicone sealant Graeme UK diy 4 June 11th 04 01:56 PM