Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

Default OT Time for direct action

But I have just had the info on my Dad closing down the building site (38
houses) next to his house.

Direct talks with the management about noise before 8am (not allowed) and
mud on the road not getting cleared up (builders claim to clean the street
daily) did not work so he parked his car across the entrance to the site and
closed it down for the day.

The police have decided that it is a civil matter and are not interested.

And it did work. Dunno what closing the site down for a day costs but there
is now no noise before 8am and the street is cleaned every day.

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 23/02/14 16:34, ARW wrote:
But I have just had the info on my Dad closing down the building site
(38 houses) next to his house.

Direct talks with the management about noise before 8am (not allowed)
and mud on the road not getting cleared up (builders claim to clean the
street daily) did not work so he parked his car across the entrance to
the site and closed it down for the day.

The police have decided that it is a civil matter and are not interested.

How refreshing when that actually works in someone's favour. Normally it
is the stock excuse when the police can't be arsed.

Well done dad.

And it did work. Dunno what closing the site down for a day costs but
there is now no noise before 8am and the street is cleaned every day.

But was his car still in one piece? I am surprised 4 big blokes did not
bounce it out of the way.
Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

"Tim Watts" wrote in message
On 23/02/14 16:34, ARW wrote:
But I have just had the info on my Dad closing down the building site
(38 houses) next to his house.

Direct talks with the management about noise before 8am (not allowed)
and mud on the road not getting cleared up (builders claim to clean the
street daily) did not work so he parked his car across the entrance to
the site and closed it down for the day.

The police have decided that it is a civil matter and are not interested.

How refreshing when that actually works in someone's favour. Normally it
is the stock excuse when the police can't be arsed.

Well done dad.

And it did work. Dunno what closing the site down for a day costs but
there is now no noise before 8am and the street is cleaned every day.

But was his car still in one piece? I am surprised 4 big blokes did not
bounce it out of the way.

There was a mob of angry neighbours backing him up. I must get CCTV fitted
to my parents place.

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

ARW wrote:

Direct talks with the management about noise before 8am (not allowed) and
mud on the road not getting cleared up (builders claim to clean the street
daily) did not work so he parked his car across the entrance to the site and
closed it down for the day.

Lucky they didn't have a tele-handler on site!

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , ARW
wrote:
But I have just had the info on my Dad closing down the building site (38
houses) next to his house.

Direct talks with the management about noise before 8am (not allowed) and
mud on the road not getting cleared up (builders claim to clean the
street daily) did not work so he parked his car across the entrance to
the site and closed it down for the day.

The police have decided that it is a civil matter and are not interested.

It is a matter for your local council's planning department to enforce,
since the conditions were imposed by them. They can close down a site
without any difficulty.

--
From KT24

Using a RISC OS computer running v5.18

Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

"charles" wrote in message
In article , ARW
wrote:
But I have just had the info on my Dad closing down the building site (38
houses) next to his house.

Direct talks with the management about noise before 8am (not allowed) and
mud on the road not getting cleared up (builders claim to clean the
street daily) did not work so he parked his car across the entrance to
the site and closed it down for the day.

The police have decided that it is a civil matter and are not interested.

It is a matter for your local council's planning department to enforce,
since the conditions were imposed by them. They can close down a site
without any difficulty.

You might as well DIY the solution. What time does the local council's
planning department open in a morning?

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , ARW
wrote:
"charles" wrote in message
In article , ARW
wrote:
But I have just had the info on my Dad closing down the building site
(38 houses) next to his house.

Direct talks with the management about noise before 8am (not allowed)
and mud on the road not getting cleared up (builders claim to clean
the street daily) did not work so he parked his car across the
entrance to the site and closed it down for the day.

The police have decided that it is a civil matter and are not
interested.

It is a matter for your local council's planning department to enforce,
since the conditions were imposed by them. They can close down a site
without any difficulty.

You might as well DIY the solution. What time does the local council's
planning department open in a morning?

with us, the office opens at 8.30am, but the enforement teams work all
hours.

--
From KT24

Using a RISC OS computer running v5.18

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 23/02/2014 17:18, ARW wrote:
"charles" wrote in message
In article , ARW
wrote:
But I have just had the info on my Dad closing down the building site
(38
houses) next to his house.

Direct talks with the management about noise before 8am (not allowed)
and
mud on the road not getting cleared up (builders claim to clean the
street daily) did not work so he parked his car across the entrance to
the site and closed it down for the day.

The police have decided that it is a civil matter and are not
interested.

It is a matter for your local council's planning department to enforce,
since the conditions were imposed by them. They can close down a site
without any difficulty.

You might as well DIY the solution. What time does the local council's
planning department open in a morning?

I've known enforcement officers to start early.

I think a word to your local councillor would have done the trick in
perhaps a less stressful way?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

After serious thinking Fredxxx wrote :
On 23/02/2014 17:18, ARW wrote:
"charles" wrote in message
In article , ARW
wrote:
[...]

Not half as much fun though lol

--
Regards,
Harry (M1BYT) (L)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 23/02/2014 19:36, Harry Bloomfield wrote:
After serious thinking Fredxxx wrote :
On 23/02/2014 17:18, ARW wrote:
"charles" wrote in message
In article , ARW
wrote:
[...]

As ARW has said, the loss to the builder is the cost of a lost days
work. It's not worth the stress of a possibility of receiving a summons
in the next 6 years to cover all losses including contractors,
redelivery, and a days interest on the loan the builder is paying.

It could be sufficient to get into the Fast Track claims at the local
County Court. I prefer to sleep at night.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 23/02/2014 20:24, Fredxxx wrote:
On 23/02/2014 19:36, Harry Bloomfield wrote:

Not half as much fun though lol

As ARW has said, the loss to the builder is the cost of a lost days
work. It's not worth the stress of a possibility of receiving a summons
in the next 6 years to cover all losses including contractors,
redelivery, and a days interest on the loan the builder is paying.

It could be sufficient to get into the Fast Track claims at the local
County Court. I prefer to sleep at night.

Assuming that previous approaches had been ignored, and you had several
local witnesses to back up the noise/mud claims I think it would be a
foolish builder who took this to court. The press would love to cover
such a case.

Well done dad!

Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

"Fredxxx" wrote in message
On 23/02/2014 19:36, Harry Bloomfield wrote:
After serious thinking Fredxxx wrote :
On 23/02/2014 17:18, ARW wrote:
"charles" wrote in message
In article , ARW
wrote:
[...]

It was the lack of sleep that made him park his car across the entrance to
the site.

--

Adam