Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default What is current best Silicone

Not had to use Silicone for a while ... and know products improve.

Putting in a new shower, under a sloping ceiling - will be cladding
using waterproof (Respatex panels).

Last time I did this I used 'Dow Corning 785' ... as it has very good
adhesive qualities as well as usual seal/gap filling use.

Is there a product thought of as the current best of the bunch silicone
around ? .......... or is 785 still as good as it gets?

Going to need it in clear and white.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 23/02/14 00:24, Rick Hughes wrote:
Not had to use Silicone for a while ... and know products improve.

Putting in a new shower, under a sloping ceiling - will be cladding
using waterproof (Respatex panels).

Last time I did this I used 'Dow Corning 785' ... as it has very good
adhesive qualities as well as usual seal/gap filling use.

Is there a product thought of as the current best of the bunch silicone
around ? .......... or is 785 still as good as it gets?

Going to need it in clear and white.

Siroflex products seem OK IME.

Mapei - less so - I've had some fail behind the bathroom basin after 3
years.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Rick Hughes" wrote in message

Not had to use Silicone for a while ... and know products improve.

Putting in a new shower, under a sloping ceiling - will be cladding
using waterproof (Respatex panels).

Last time I did this I used 'Dow Corning 785' ... as it has very good
adhesive qualities as well as usual seal/gap filling use.

Is there a product thought of as the current best of the bunch silicone
around ? .......... or is 785 still as good as it gets?

Going to need it in clear and white.

CT1....
http://www.ct1ltd.com/en

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 23/02/2014 00:24, Rick Hughes wrote:
Not had to use Silicone for a while ... and know products improve.

Putting in a new shower, under a sloping ceiling - will be cladding
using waterproof (Respatex panels).

Last time I did this I used 'Dow Corning 785' ... as it has very good
adhesive qualities as well as usual seal/gap filling use.

Just to close the loop ... looked at alternatives, and decided to stick
with previous good performer ... Dow Corning 785

However Dow have now upgraded this to 785+ with enhanced anti-bacterial
properties .... now the good point, ScrewFix etc. ... have this on sale
at £5.99 a tube

Wickes have it on sale at £3.32 ... a significant difference, to get
this deal its 3 tubes or more, even without discount price is good at £3.69