Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default new life at comp.misc

If you weren't already aware, a bunch of people who usually read
slashdot.org got frustrated and went back to Usenet, partly because of
the new slashdot beta interface Dice Media is imposing, partly because
we all suddenly remembered how much we love Usenet.

We all landed at comp.misc. If you love Usenet and want to contribute
to a community of people posting and commenting on tech stories, please
come join us.

A bit off topic, but I figure there are a fair number of techies here
who may be interested in the conversation.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article
, RS
Wood writes
If you weren't already aware, a bunch of people who usually read
slashdot.org got frustrated and went back to Usenet, partly because of
the new slashdot beta interface Dice Media is imposing, partly because
we all suddenly remembered how much we love Usenet.

We all landed at comp.misc. If you love Usenet and want to contribute
to a community of people posting and commenting on tech stories, please
come join us.

A bit off topic, but I figure there are a fair number of techies here
who may be interested in the conversation.

Thanks for the heads-up.
--
fred
it's a ba-na-na . . . .
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 22 Feb 2014 11:15:00 +0000, RS Wood wrote:

If you weren't already aware, a bunch of people who usually read
slashdot.org got frustrated and went back to Usenet, partly because of
the new slashdot beta interface Dice Media is imposing, partly because
we all suddenly remembered how much we love Usenet.

We all landed at comp.misc. If you love Usenet and want to contribute
to a community of people posting and commenting on tech stories, please
come join us.

A bit off topic, but I figure there are a fair number of techies here
who may be interested in the conversation.

Nice to hear people are waking up the benefits of Usenet! Good luck with
the new group. I for one have made a note of it.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 22 Feb 2014 17:06:06 +0000, Cursitor Doom wrote:

On Sat, 22 Feb 2014 11:15:00 +0000, RS Wood wrote:

If you weren't already aware, a bunch of people who usually read
slashdot.org got frustrated and went back to Usenet, partly because of
the new slashdot beta interface Dice Media is imposing, partly because
we all suddenly remembered how much we love Usenet.

We all landed at comp.misc. If you love Usenet and want to contribute
to a community of people posting and commenting on tech stories, please
come join us.

A bit off topic, but I figure there are a fair number of techies here
who may be interested in the conversation.

Nice to hear people are waking up the benefits of Usenet! Good luck with
the new group. I for one have made a note of it.

+1.

I used it many years ago...probably in the eighties!

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2014-02-22, Bob Eager wrote:
On Sat, 22 Feb 2014 17:06:06 +0000, Cursitor Doom wrote:

On Sat, 22 Feb 2014 11:15:00 +0000, RS Wood wrote:

If you weren't already aware, a bunch of people who usually read
slashdot.org got frustrated and went back to Usenet, partly because
of the new slashdot beta interface Dice Media is imposing, partly
because we all suddenly remembered how much we love Usenet.

We all landed at comp.misc. If you love Usenet and want to
contribute to a community of people posting and commenting on tech
stories, please come join us.

A bit off topic, but I figure there are a fair number of techies here
who may be interested in the conversation.

Nice to hear people are waking up the benefits of Usenet! Good luck
with the new group. I for one have made a note of it.

+1.

I used it many years ago...probably in the eighties!

+2

YMYA.

:-)

For the avoidance of doubt, I was referring to comp.misc. I think my
first Usenet post was around 1983.

is my air comp regulator ok? rb Home Repair 3 August 10th 09 07:21 PM
news.misc.home.misc Twayne[_2_] Home Repair 3 June 21st 08 05:21 AM
Going from 3/8" comp to 1/4" comp for new fridge Mikepier Home Repair 0 December 5th 07 03:05 PM
comp raji Metalworking 0 November 14th 07 09:18 AM
misc.invest.misc, realtynet.canada-intl, misc.consumers.house, va.forsale, building for sale Home Ownership 0 May 12th 06 05:16 PM