Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Wired Security Alarm

We're about to move house shortly and one of the first jobs I'll want to do is install a wired security alarm (intruder, fire detection and communicator) When I did this 10 years ago in our current property the recommendation was to go for a Texecom Veritas system. This was pretty simple to install and has proved very reliable. As they still make this system is there any reason not to go for it or is it a bit old hat now and there is a new kid on the block which is generally recommended.

Thanks

Jim

Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

wrote in message
We're about to move house shortly and one of the first jobs I'll want to do
is install a wired security alarm (intruder, fire detection and
communicator) When I did this 10 years ago in our current property the
recommendation was to go for a Texecom Veritas system. This was pretty
simple to install and has proved very reliable. As they still make this
system is there any reason not to go for it or is it a bit old hat now and
there is a new kid on the block which is generally recommended.

I still fit Veritas. Nothing wrong with them IMHO

--
Adam

Changing Wired Alarm PIRs KeithS UK diy 8 June 23rd 12 09:47 AM
Alarm, Wireless V wired ss UK diy 29 February 1st 12 07:36 PM
Wired Alarm Panels George UK diy 8 June 12th 08 02:37 PM
wired smoke alarm from subpanel [email protected] Home Repair 5 June 20th 05 04:11 AM
Wireless addition to wired alarm? Bruce Tanner UK diy 2 March 5th 05 09:35 PM