Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default gents wris****ch ?

Anyone recommend a reasonably priced one which is radio-controlled
and solar powered ? Other gimmicks not necessary.

Jim Hawkins

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 11/02/2014 13:37, Jim Hawkins wrote:
Anyone recommend a reasonably priced one which is radio-controlled
and solar powered ? Other gimmicks not necessary.

G-Shock can take plenty of DIY abuse.
The more trashed they get the better they look IMO.

Pete@

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"www.GymRatZ.co.uk" wrote in message
On 11/02/2014 13:37, Jim Hawkins wrote:
Anyone recommend a reasonably priced one which is radio-controlled
and solar powered ? Other gimmicks not necessary.

G-Shock can take plenty of DIY abuse.
The more trashed they get the better they look IMO.

Pete@

Thanks Pete. I liked the look of their GW-M5610-1ER
enough to order one.

Jim Hawkins

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Jim Hawkins wrote:

I liked the look of their GW-M5610-1ER enough to order one.

Presumably Casio found a warehouse full of LCD displays made in
197mumble? I'd have sold you my W-51 :-P

http://www.digital-watch.com/images/made/512_400_500_f9f9f9_imageswatermark.png_140_60_80_r _b_-10_-10_all_15_s_c1.jpg

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 13/02/2014 09:12, Andy Burns wrote:
Jim Hawkins wrote:

I liked the look of their GW-M5610-1ER enough to order one.

Presumably Casio found a warehouse full of LCD displays made in
197mumble? I'd have sold you my W-51 :-P

http://www.digital-watch.com/images/made/512_400_500_f9f9f9_imageswatermark.png_140_60_80_r _b_-10_-10_all_15_s_c1.jpg

Wow. That brings back memories....
I wore one of those for 10 years or so. It was standard issue to all
"Telephone Rentals" (TR) engineers.

Even used it as a back-up dive timer fixed to my stab. jacket where it
regularly saw 30m

Brilliant watch.

--
http://www.Water-Rower.co.uk
WaterRower rowing machines.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Jim Hawkins wrote:

I liked the look of their GW-M5610-1ER enough to order one.

Presumably Casio found a warehouse full of LCD displays made in
197mumble? I'd have sold you my W-51 :-P

http://www.digital-watch.com/images/made/512_400_500_f9f9f9_imageswatermark.png_140_60_80_r _b_-10_-10_all_15_s_c1.jpg

Wow. That brings back memories....
I wore one of those for 10 years or so. It was standard issue to all
"Telephone Rentals" (TR) engineers.

Even used it as a back-up dive timer fixed to my stab. jacket where it
regularly saw 30m

Brilliant watch.

....and I'm still using the strap from one of those as it's the most
comfortable I've found - I think it's on it's 5th watch and on my wrist now!

Peter
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Jim Hawkins wrote:

I liked the look of their GW-M5610-1ER enough to order one.

Presumably Casio found a warehouse full of LCD displays made in
197mumble? I'd have sold you my W-51 :-P

http://www.digital-watch.com/images/made/512_400_500_f9f9f9_imageswatermark.png_140_60_80_r _b_-10_-10_all_15_s_c1.jpg

I still have my Sinclair Black Watch (sold as a kit) :-)

Does analogue by LCD watches these days ? ..... thought everyone had
gone back to Analogue ....
I have my Omega Sea Master and its worth more now than when I bought it.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

You in the market for some old lps too ? ;-)

Jim K