Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Worklights

Like these: http://www.screwfix.com/p/portable-s...40v-400w/46377

Trying to figure out if I'm doing something wrong or these things are
just crap. I can rarely get more than a few hours at a time out of the
bulbs in these things before they go. Normally find the ceramic (?)
bits at the end of the bulbs have cracked off and/or the glass at the end.

I think the instructions typically say keep 1m clear all around, but a)
I sometimes do this but still have the bulbs go pretty quickly, and b)
often I can't get 1m all around.

Is this just the way these things are, and are there any practical ways
to improve bulb longevity? I tend to buy cheap-ass bulbs, but that's
because my expectation is that they won't last long - perhaps it's
circular!

Maybe LED versions are better in this day and age - any recommendations?