Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Wireless temperature and humidity sensors

I'm after some inexpensive wireless temp+humidity sensors that can be
interfaced with linux *easily*.

No time for soldering - but I will do the programming.

Best I've found to date are the Arexx system:

http://www.conrad-electronic.co.uk/c...roduct/100788/

Combined with an Arexx BS-1000 LAN base.

The BS-1000 is a fair price, but the sensors are rather expensive
(need/want
5).

The next best idea was a TFA Dorstmann weather station where the sensors
are
£20.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/w/dp/B001K2QOB6/

That can be jacked in via USB to a computer.

Just wondered if there were any others?
Open wireless protocol like z-wave would be cool.

Cheers,

Tim

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 22 Dec 2013 17:33:59 +0000, Tim Watts
wrote:

I'm after some inexpensive wireless temp+humidity sensors that can be
interfaced with linux *easily*.

What's it for?
There's some beekeepers who have been testing such a system to measure
info inside the hives.

--
http://www.voucherfreebies.co.uk
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

I'm after some inexpensive wireless temp+humidity sensors that can be
interfaced with linux *easily*.

What's it for?
There's some beekeepers who have been testing such a system to measure
info inside the hives.

Just general monitoring around the house - including shed and roof spaces
(hence the interest in humidity).

Cheers

Tim

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Tim Watts wrote:

I'm after some inexpensive wireless temp+humidity sensors that can be
interfaced with linux *easily*.

Just general monitoring around the house - including shed and roof spaces

You can get external temperature/humidity probes for APC UPSes, don't
know how cheap they are to purchase individually, or whether they could
be re-purposed?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sunday, December 22, 2013 5:33:59 PM UTC, Tim Watts wrote:
I'm after some inexpensive wireless temp+humidity sensors that can be

interfaced with linux *easily*.

No time for soldering - but I will do the programming.

Best I've found to date are the Arexx system:

http://www.conrad-electronic.co.uk/c...roduct/100788/

Combined with an Arexx BS-1000 LAN base.

The BS-1000 is a fair price, but the sensors are rather expensive

(need/want

5).

The next best idea was a TFA Dorstmann weather station where the sensors

are

£20.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/w/dp/B001K2QOB6/

That can be jacked in via USB to a computer.

Just wondered if there were any others?

Open wireless protocol like z-wave would be cool.

Cheers,

Tim

Plugging together rather than soldering, but Arduino, DHT11 sensors and z-wave/zigbee/wifi modules?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Monday 23 December 2013 14:49 Adam Aglionby wrote in uk.d-i-y:

Plugging together rather than soldering, but Arduino, DHT11 sensors and
z-wave/zigbee/wifi modules?

That's rather interesting - I can program ATMegas too

The DHT11 says "0-50C" - is that actually true or is it because the humidity
sensor won't work below 0C?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Monday, December 23, 2013 5:23:28 PM UTC, Tim Watts wrote:
On Monday 23 December 2013 14:49 Adam Aglionby wrote in uk.d-i-y:

Plugging together rather than soldering, but Arduino, DHT11 sensors and

z-wave/zigbee/wifi modules?

That's rather interesting - I can program ATMegas too

The DHT11 says "0-50C" - is that actually true or is it because the humidity

sensor won't work below 0C?

DHT11 fixated , just got couple in post.

Marginally more expensive DHT22 goes down to -40C
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Monday 23 December 2013 19:15 Adam Aglionby wrote in uk.d-i-y:

Marginally more expensive DHT22 goes down to -40C

Thank you - that will be researched