Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT; Strictly Come Dancing

Interesting to note that Strictly beat Dr Who in the viewing figures.

SWMBO & I are both Strictly fans. On my part, it has nothing to do with
the scantily clad fit women gyrating about.

However, one thing I've noticed. On the Sunday Results Show, all the
presenters, judges, dancers are very careful to talk about 'last night'
or 'yesterday' or 'Saturday'.

Also, all the presenters & judges are dressed differently, but it's
patently obvious the whole thing is recorded on the Saturday.

You only have to look at the audience, all dressed exactly the same & in
exactly the same seats as the Saturday show.

No female would ever wear the same outfit twice!

Cheating methinks :-)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 24 Nov 2013 13:21:01 +0000, The Medway Handyman wrote:

Interesting to note that Strictly beat Dr Who in the viewing figures.

SWMBO & I are both Strictly fans. On my part, it has nothing to do with
the scantily clad fit women gyrating about.

However, one thing I've noticed. On the Sunday Results Show, all the
presenters, judges, dancers are very careful to talk about 'last night'
or 'yesterday' or 'Saturday'.

Also, all the presenters & judges are dressed differently, but it's
patently obvious the whole thing is recorded on the Saturday.

You only have to look at the audience, all dressed exactly the same & in
exactly the same seats as the Saturday show.

No female would ever wear the same outfit twice!

Cheating methinks :-)

Absolutely sure that it is all done on the Saturday. If they don't think we
have spotted that then they are dafter than I already thought.
I'm not sure that you want to pursue the 'cheating' theme.
The whole series is choreographed to make us believe it's a real
competition ie keep the fat bloke in as long as possible and other
naughties.
Jim S
Tyneside UK
www.jimscott.co.uk
Posted to uk.d-i-y

That sort of thing has been going on for years in TV, no real surprise.
as for Dr Who, how do they know how many people watched. a lot of people
recorded DR who and many more will use catch up services to see it and
possible some may be goin to the cinema in the week to view it as well.
I had Strictly, its possibly due to it being a very visual piece of
programming.
Why is it called Strictly as most of the people on ther seem to be having a
whale of a time. not much strictness there is there. Maybe it should be
called dancing with humour? I mean its all formulaic and I'm sure fo,lk
know what they are going to say up front in any case.

What next, Celebrity come youghting, or perhaps celebs doing a stint in a
butchers shop?

That cold be a Monty Python sketch.
Brian

--
From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active
"The Medway Handyman" wrote in message
Interesting to note that Strictly beat Dr Who in the viewing figures.

SWMBO & I are both Strictly fans. On my part, it has nothing to do with
the scantily clad fit women gyrating about.

However, one thing I've noticed. On the Sunday Results Show, all the
presenters, judges, dancers are very careful to talk about 'last night' or
'yesterday' or 'Saturday'.

Also, all the presenters & judges are dressed differently, but it's
patently obvious the whole thing is recorded on the Saturday.

You only have to look at the audience, all dressed exactly the same & in
exactly the same seats as the Saturday show.

No female would ever wear the same outfit twice!

Cheating methinks :-)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Interesting to note that Strictly beat Dr Who in the viewing figures.

SWMBO & I are both Strictly fans. On my part, it has nothing to do with
the scantily clad fit women gyrating about.

However, one thing I've noticed. On the Sunday Results Show, all the
presenters, judges, dancers are very careful to talk about 'last night'
or 'yesterday' or 'Saturday'.

Also, all the presenters & judges are dressed differently, but it's
patently obvious the whole thing is recorded on the Saturday.

You only have to look at the audience, all dressed exactly the same & in
exactly the same seats as the Saturday show.

No female would ever wear the same outfit twice!

Cheating methinks :-)

Definitely both shows are recorded on Saturday night - you can even
discover who was in the dance-off and who was 'sent home' - from about
10:30 on Saturday evening if you look in the right forums!

Wonder how many viewers believe that the second show actually takes
place on Sunday evening ?

Definitely cheating - but then, so is much of the 'reality' stuff on TV.
But then - it's 'entertainment' - and shouldn't be taken too
seriously... (or Strictly)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 24 Nov 2013 13:21:01 +0000, The Medway Handyman wrote:

Interesting to note that Strictly beat Dr Who in the viewing figures.

SWMBO & I are both Strictly fans. On my part, it has nothing to do with
the scantily clad fit women gyrating about.

However, one thing I've noticed. On the Sunday Results Show, all the
presenters, judges, dancers are very careful to talk about 'last night'
or 'yesterday' or 'Saturday'.

Also, all the presenters & judges are dressed differently, but it's
patently obvious the whole thing is recorded on the Saturday.

You only have to look at the audience, all dressed exactly the same & in
exactly the same seats as the Saturday show.

No female would ever wear the same outfit twice!

Cheating methinks :-)

When this pretence started (2 years ago?) there were many verbal slips.
One clue is the time for which the vote is open. It's about 15 - 20 min. -
the X-Factor is 24h or so.
I also note some of the more obvious 'landmarks' to see if they're the same.
I do like it when Claudia's on - mad, that bird!
--
Peter.
The gods will stay away

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 24 Nov 2013 14:12:30 +0000, Adrian Brentnall wrote:

Definitely cheating - but then, so is much of the 'reality' stuff on TV.

I like Reality TV - it's fantastic!
--
Peter.
The gods will stay away
Posted to uk.d-i-y

PeterC wrote:
On Sun, 24 Nov 2013 14:12:30 +0000, Adrian Brentnall wrote:

Definitely cheating - but then, so is much of the 'reality' stuff on TV.

I like Reality TV - it's fantastic!

Give me a plateful of foetid dingoes kidneys any day...

Tim
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 24/11/2013 17:13, Tim+ wrote:
PeterC wrote:
On Sun, 24 Nov 2013 14:12:30 +0000, Adrian Brentnall wrote:

Definitely cheating - but then, so is much of the 'reality' stuff on TV.

I like Reality TV - it's fantastic!

Give me a plateful of foetid dingoes kidneys any day...

Tim

Would that be an Aldi Xmas offer?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 24/11/2013 17:06, PeterC wrote:
[...]

Her indoors says both parts always used to be broadcast on Sat night
(they deserve Sundays off) but how do they keep the results secret?
Can't see anything on Twitter but then I'm no expert on the latter
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
stuart noble wrote:

Her indoors says both parts always used to be broadcast on Sat night
(they deserve Sundays off) but how do they keep the results secret?
Can't see anything on Twitter but then I'm no expert on the latter

They don't (see http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showt...912364&page=35
for example **SPOILER** )

Also a few weeks ago didn't Deborah Meaden tweet saying thanks for keeping her
in... on the Saturday night.

Darren

Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

"D.M.Chapman" wrote in message
Also a few weeks ago didn't Deborah Meaden tweet saying thanks for keeping
her
in... on the Saturday night.

Might have got more replies if she had posted to this newsgroup.

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 24/11/2013 17:43, stuart noble wrote:
On 24/11/2013 17:13, Tim+ wrote:

Give me a plateful of foetid dingoes kidneys any day...

Would that be an Aldi Xmas offer?

Only available in Fortnum and Mason Christmas hampers.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

[...]

Not cheating. Contrived.

The Internet search engines suggest that the title is a cross between
Come Dancing and Strictly Ballroom, I remember the former but not the
latter (well maybe, vaguely) and, as for come dancing, I suppose it
wriggles under a powerful microscope.

--
Graham.

%Profound_observation%
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 24 Nov 2013 19:41:13 +0000, Graham. wrote:

The Internet search engines suggest that the title is a cross between
Come Dancing and Strictly Ballroom, I remember the former but not the
latter (well maybe, vaguely)

You're probably thinking telly, rather than film - Baz Luhrmann, 1992
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0105488/
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 24/11/2013 18:43, D.M.Chapman wrote:
In article ,
stuart noble wrote:

Her indoors says both parts always used to be broadcast on Sat night
(they deserve Sundays off) but how do they keep the results secret?
Can't see anything on Twitter but then I'm no expert on the latter

They don't (see http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showt...912364&page=35
for example **SPOILER** )

Also a few weeks ago didn't Deborah Meaden tweet saying thanks for keeping her
in... on the Saturday night.

Darren

Ah, cheers for that. I was able to taunt the missus with that :-)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 24/11/2013 17:13, Tim+ wrote:
PeterC wrote:
On Sun, 24 Nov 2013 14:12:30 +0000, Adrian Brentnall wrote:

Definitely cheating - but then, so is much of the 'reality' stuff on TV.

I like Reality TV - it's fantastic!

Give me a plateful of foetid dingoes kidneys any day...

Tim

But these are M&S foetid dingoes kidneys.....

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 24/11/2013 18:00, stuart noble wrote:

Her indoors says both parts always used to be broadcast on Sat night
(they deserve Sundays off) but how do they keep the results secret?
Can't see anything on Twitter but then I'm no expert on the latter

I've wondered that. OK the celebs, judges, dancers & crew could have a
legal contract preventing them from talking, but not the audience.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 24 Nov 2013 19:48:07 +0000 (UTC), Adrian
wrote:

On Sun, 24 Nov 2013 19:41:13 +0000, Graham. wrote:

The Internet search engines suggest that the title is a cross between
Come Dancing and Strictly Ballroom, I remember the former but not the
latter (well maybe, vaguely)

You're probably thinking telly, rather than film - Baz Luhrmann, 1992
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0105488/

Perhaps they should have called it "Dirty".

--
Graham.

%Profound_observation%
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 24 Nov 2013 22:24:46 +0000, The Medway Handyman
wrote:

On 24/11/2013 17:13, Tim+ wrote:
PeterC wrote:
On Sun, 24 Nov 2013 14:12:30 +0000, Adrian Brentnall wrote:

Definitely cheating - but then, so is much of the 'reality' stuff on TV.

I like Reality TV - it's fantastic!

Give me a plateful of foetid dingoes kidneys any day...

Tim

But these are M&S foetid dingoes kidneys.....

Hmmm, I've a jar of arseofoetida in the spice cupboard.

Didn't think it was made from foetid dingoes kidneys exactly.

Apparently tastes like fried onions,- or so they say.

DerekG
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Interesting to note that Strictly beat Dr Who in the viewing figures.

SWMBO & I are both Strictly fans. On my part, it has nothing to do with
the scantily clad fit women gyrating about.

However, one thing I've noticed. On the Sunday Results Show, all the
presenters, judges, dancers are very careful to talk about 'last night'
or 'yesterday' or 'Saturday'.

Also, all the presenters & judges are dressed differently, but it's
patently obvious the whole thing is recorded on the Saturday.

You only have to look at the audience, all dressed exactly the same & in
exactly the same seats as the Saturday show.

No female would ever wear the same outfit twice!

Cheating methinks :-)

Just saving on production costs.

I went to a recording of Just a Minute some years ago. They recorded two
shows, one after the other. At the start of the second recording,
Nicholas Parsons welcomed the audience and said how much nicer we were
than that for the previous show - to much laughter from the audience.

SteveW

Posted to uk.d-i-y
MM MM is offline

On Sun, 24 Nov 2013 13:35:55 +0000, Jim S wrote:

[...]

As much as I'd like to watch the *dancing*, I simply cannot tolerate
the constant clapping-along to every number by the audience. Like
Pavlov's dogs, they start immediately the music begins. Sometimes they
get the timing wrong and the clapping falters a bit, then picks up
again. Drives me totally bananas. Maybe because I'm an amateur
musician and find such a practice inordinately annoying. Like when
you're playing the piano and a young sibling or cousing decides to
have fun and go plinkety-plink on the keyboard. This would never have
happened in the "good old days" when audiences politely watched and
listened to the performance, then applauded at the end.

I've even heard mention that the BBC *likes* it this way, namely with
the audience clapping along, because the producers reckon this *adds*
something to the show! Idiots.

MM
Posted to uk.d-i-y

As much as I'd like to watch the *dancing*, I simply cannot tolerate
the constant clapping-along to every number by the audience. Like
Pavlov's dogs, they start immediately the music begins. Sometimes they
get the timing wrong and the clapping falters a bit, then picks up
again. Drives me totally bananas. Maybe because I'm an amateur
musician and find such a practice inordinately annoying. Like when
you're playing the piano and a young sibling or cousing decides to
have fun and go plinkety-plink on the keyboard. This would never have
happened in the "good old days" when audiences politely watched and
listened to the performance, then applauded at the end.

I've even heard mention that the BBC *likes* it this way, namely with
the audience clapping along, because the producers reckon this *adds*
something to the show! Idiots.

MM

Some of that music is absolutely dire too. Doesn't seem to go with
ballroom somehow.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 26/11/2013 06:54, MM wrote:
[...]

Something that irritates me is, on the results show, they will have an
act like II Divo performing - and dancers in front of them.

Who are you supposed to watch/applaud/appreciate?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 26 Nov 2013 06:54:36 +0000, MM wrote:

I've even heard mention that the BBC *likes* it this way, namely with
the audience clapping along, because the producers reckon this *adds*
something to the show! Idiots.

MM

They're the same producers that decide that the feet don't need to be shown
- this has ruined every Argentine tango especially. Oh, and there must be a
moving camera so that the relative movements are wrong. Pillocks.
--
Peter.
The gods will stay away

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 26 Nov 2013 08:21:11 +0000, The Medway Handyman wrote:

Something that irritates me is, on the results show, they will have an
act like II Divo performing - and dancers in front of them.

Who are you supposed to watch/applaud/appreciate?

I guess that would be up to the act performing. For me it vastly improves
that part. I don't need to watch 4 blokes whom I can hear and do like to
watch the dancers.
--
Peter.
The gods will stay away
Posted to uk.d-i-y

[...]

It must play havoc with the novice dancers' timing.
Now everybody gets a standing ovation too.
--
Jim S
Tyneside UK
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 26/11/2013 06:54 MM wrote:

This would never have
happened in the "good old days" when audiences politely watched and
listened to the performance, then applauded at the end.

And, at the theatre, they would never have been allowed to carry a
couple of pints of beer into the auditorium to drink while 'watching'
the show.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sunday, 24 November 2013 13:21:01 UTC, The Medway Handyman wrote:
Interesting to note that Strictly beat Dr Who in the viewing figures.

How do they know and I suspect the figures are doctored who knows ;-)
I doubt many from around the world watched stricly but the figures were probbely counted from the UK only and maybe those aged 40+ .
If course most reriement homes and hospitals and those places were you can;t change channels probably have strictly as the default setting for saturday evenings.

SWMBO & I are both Strictly fans. On my part, it has nothing to do with
the scantily clad fit women gyrating about.

it's the men ?

However, one thing I've noticed. On the Sunday Results Show, all the
presenters, judges, dancers are very careful to talk about 'last night'
or 'yesterday' or 'Saturday'.

Also, all the presenters & judges are dressed differently, but it's
patently obvious the whole thing is recorded on the Saturday.

You only have to look at the audience, all dressed exactly the same & in

exactly the same seats as the Saturday show.

Nice observations.

No female would ever wear the same outfit twice!

Exactly .

Cheating methinks :-)

or Brucie is a time lord, he's certainly old enough :-D

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
F news@nowhere wrote:
On 26/11/2013 06:54 MM wrote:

This would never have
happened in the "good old days" when audiences politely watched and
listened to the performance, then applauded at the end.

And, at the theatre, they would never have been allowed to carry a
couple of pints of beer into the auditorium to drink while 'watching'
the show.

whereas now there are offered plastic "glasses" in which to carry their
drink. At our amateur theatre we don't allow drink inthe auditorium - we
are concerned about damage to carpets and seats. there can be a lot of
muttering.

--
From KT24

Using a RISC OS computer running v5.18

Posted to uk.d-i-y

[...]

What did I tell you?
--
Jim S
Tyneside UK
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 27 Nov 2013 12:41:56 GMT, Huge wrote:

The whole thing is vastly improved by the operation of the switch on the
TV marked "Off".

+1

I'm amazed at the number of apprently clever and intelligent people
in here that admit to watching it. They'll be admiting that they
watch tosh like Britains Got Talent, X Factor and so on next! (And if
those progs last screened ages ago, I had to google for the
titles...)

--
Cheers
Dave.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"The Medway Handyman" wrote in message
Interesting to note that Strictly beat Dr Who in the viewing figures.

SWMBO & I are both Strictly fans. On my part, it has nothing to do with
the scantily clad fit women gyrating about.

On my part it is watching the women. The best bit is when they run up the
stairs seeing which ones have most bounce.

I do appreciate a good dance routine too.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 05/12/2013 22:30, Thumper wrote:

"The Medway Handyman" wrote in message
Interesting to note that Strictly beat Dr Who in the viewing figures.

SWMBO & I are both Strictly fans. On my part, it has nothing to do
with the scantily clad fit women gyrating about.

On my part it is watching the women. The best bit is when they run up
the stairs seeing which ones have most bounce.

That Kristina Rihanoff usually wins that one :-)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"The Medway Handyman" wrote in message
On 05/12/2013 22:30, Thumper wrote:

"The Medway Handyman" wrote in message
Interesting to note that Strictly beat Dr Who in the viewing figures.

SWMBO & I are both Strictly fans. On my part, it has nothing to do
with the scantily clad fit women gyrating about.

On my part it is watching the women. The best bit is when they run up
the stairs seeing which ones have most bounce.

That Kristina Rihanoff usually wins that one :-)

Natalie Gumede, after her Argentine Tango, won it this weekend.