Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Wanted - Mira shower part

Yes I know you can get the complete unit from Mira for around £30, but
it seems silly to pay that when I am neither that desperate, nor when I
only need one small plastic part of the whole assembly...

So I wondered if anyone might be in the process of taking one out and
might be able to salvage the part.

The shower head and pipe, fits into a plastic holder. Press a large
button on the holder and you can slide the entire thing up and down a
pole bracketed to the wall, to suit the height of the user.

The head actually drops into a large C shaped light grey bracket, in
the holder, which allows you to set the angle of the head. It is that
grey C shaped bit of plastic I am seeking, should anyone happen across
one please. It just rotates so it is at 90 deg to the holder and clicks
into place.

--
Regards,
Harry (M1BYT) (L)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Harry Bloomfield wrote:
Yes I know you can get the complete unit from Mira for around £30, but
it seems silly to pay that when I am neither that desperate, nor when
I only need one small plastic part of the whole assembly...

So I wondered if anyone might be in the process of taking one out and
might be able to salvage the part.

The shower head and pipe, fits into a plastic holder. Press a large
button on the holder and you can slide the entire thing up and down a
pole bracketed to the wall, to suit the height of the user.

The head actually drops into a large C shaped light grey bracket, in
the holder, which allows you to set the angle of the head. It is that
grey C shaped bit of plastic I am seeking, should anyone happen across
one please. It just rotates so it is at 90 deg to the holder and
clicks into place.

Harry,

Not quite answering your question, but it may be of interest to you for
information.

I bought the complete showerhead holder assembly for a Mira Sports shower
from my local Plumb Center for £16.80 inc. vat (Catalogue No D59702 Mira
Response 411.23 Clamp Bracket Assembly) after finally surrendering and
buying the whole assembly after several attempts at repairing the old one.

Now the unfortunate thing is, I threw the old one with the part that you're
after, into the bin a few weeks ago.

Cash

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , Cash ?.?.?.?.?.?.?.?.?.?
scribeth thus
Harry Bloomfield wrote:
[...]

There is a firm around, showerspares, or similar that are cheaper then
what Mira are and I do believe they do smaller spares without having to
buy the complete assembly!...
--
Tony Sayer

Posted to uk.d-i-y

tony sayer wrote:

Harry Bloomfield wrote:

The head actually drops into a large C shaped light grey bracket, in
the holder, which allows you to set the angle of the head. It is that
grey C shaped bit of plastic I am seeking, should anyone happen across
one please. It just rotates so it is at 90 deg to the holder and
clicks into place.

There is a firm around, showerspares, or similar that are cheaper then
what Mira are and I do believe they do smaller spares without having to
buy the complete assembly!...

http://www.showerdoc.com/shower-spares/mira

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Andy Burns laid this down on his screen :
tony sayer wrote:

Harry Bloomfield wrote:

The head actually drops into a large C shaped light grey bracket, in
the holder, which allows you to set the angle of the head. It is that
grey C shaped bit of plastic I am seeking, should anyone happen across
one please. It just rotates so it is at 90 deg to the holder and
clicks into place.

There is a firm around, showerspares, or similar that are cheaper then
what Mira are and I do believe they do smaller spares without having to
buy the complete assembly!...

http://www.showerdoc.com/shower-spares/mira

That was maybe the one I found, at around £30.

--
Regards,
Harry (M1BYT) (L)
http://www.ukradioamateur.co.uk

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Cash wrote on 17/11/2013 :
Harry Bloomfield wrote:
[...]

Oh well, thanks anyway..

--
Regards,
Harry (M1BYT) (L)
http://www.ukradioamateur.co.uk

Posted to uk.d-i-y
ss ss is offline

On 17/11/2013 18:15, Harry Bloomfield wrote:
Yes I know you can get the complete unit from Mira for around £30, but
it seems silly to pay that when I am neither that desperate, nor when I
only need one small plastic part of the whole assembly...

So I wondered if anyone might be in the process of taking one out and
might be able to salvage the part.

The shower head and pipe, fits into a plastic holder. Press a large
button on the holder and you can slide the entire thing up and down a
pole bracketed to the wall, to suit the height of the user.

The head actually drops into a large C shaped light grey bracket, in the
holder, which allows you to set the angle of the head. It is that grey C
shaped bit of plastic I am seeking, should anyone happen across one
please. It just rotates so it is at 90 deg to the holder and clicks into
place.

Maybe worth scouring ebay....
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mira-Clamp...item41788ad3bc

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Harry Bloomfield wrote:

Andy Burns laid this down on his screen :

http://www.showerdoc.com/shower-spares/mira

That was maybe the one I found, at around £30.

Having just got out of the shower, I've remembered I replaced the whole
riser bar and head-holder on mine a few years ago, can you pinpoint the
actual part on the Shower Doctor site you're after?

If it's the type I used to have I could have a nose in the loft, I
generally keep bits in case they come in handy ...

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Andy Burns wrote on 18/11/2013 :
Harry Bloomfield wrote:

Andy Burns laid this down on his screen :

http://www.showerdoc.com/shower-spares/mira

That was maybe the one I found, at around £30.

Having just got out of the shower, I've remembered I replaced the whole riser
bar and head-holder on mine a few years ago, can you pinpoint the actual part
on the Shower Doctor site you're after?

If it's the type I used to have I could have a nose in the loft, I generally
keep bits in case they come in handy ...

It is the same riser on several models, but if you look at this
diagram..

http://www.showerdoc.com/mira-sport-...-shower-spares

Part #6 is the entire assembly. Where the shower head drops into #6
there is a C shaped grey plastic part, which grips the fitting on the
end of the hose (#7). The C shaped part allows the angle of the head to
be adjusted via click stops. If it is turned 90 deg, it can be eased
out of #6.

In its broken state it still works, but it is a bit of a faff, to get
back in when it falls out.

Cheers..

--
Regards,
Harry (M1BYT) (L)
http://www.ukradioamateur.co.uk

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 17 Nov 2013 18:15:31 GMT, Harry Bloomfield
wrote:

Yes I know you can get the complete unit from Mira for around £30, but
it seems silly to pay that when I am neither that desperate, nor when I
only need one small plastic part of the whole assembly...

So I wondered if anyone might be in the process of taking one out and
might be able to salvage the part.

The shower head and pipe, fits into a plastic holder. Press a large
button on the holder and you can slide the entire thing up and down a
pole bracketed to the wall, to suit the height of the user.

The head actually drops into a large C shaped light grey bracket, in
the holder, which allows you to set the angle of the head. It is that
grey C shaped bit of plastic I am seeking, should anyone happen across
one please. It just rotates so it is at 90 deg to the holder and clicks
into place.

Not what you want but I bought the complete unit and replaced the lot
when this happened. I kept the old, non-broken, parts for spares.
--
(\__/) M.
(")_(") is he still wrong?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Judith was thinking very hard :
superglue

No, I have already tried that, the join snaps when you attempt to refit
it back in place.

--
Regards,
Harry (M1BYT) (L)
http://www.ukradioamateur.co.uk

Posted to uk.d-i-y

ss wrote in :

[...]

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mira-Clamp...ra-spare-part-

no
-1644-124-buy-it-now-9-99-/281195238332?

pt=UK_Home_Garden_Bathroom_Show
er_Units_PP&hash=item41788ad3bc

What about buring a generic riser and bracket from a plumbers merchant.
Surely it doesn't need to be Mira.

--

DerbyBorn
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Harry Bloomfield wrote:

http://www.showerdoc.com/mira-sport-...-shower-spares

Part #6 is the entire assembly.

That's the type I have now, so the previous riser I might have stashed
somewhere is an older model, part #12 on this diagram.

http://www.showerdoc.com/mira-300-ra...-shower-spares

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Andy Burns explained on 18/11/2013 :
Harry Bloomfield wrote:

http://www.showerdoc.com/mira-sport-...-shower-spares

Part #6 is the entire assembly.

That's the type I have now, so the previous riser I might have stashed
somewhere is an older model, part #12 on this diagram.

http://www.showerdoc.com/mira-300-ra...-shower-spares

Well thanks for taking the time to check Andy..

--
Regards,
Harry (M1BYT) (L)
http://www.ukradioamateur.co.uk

Posted to uk.d-i-y

ss grunted in :

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mira-Clamp...-spare-part-no
-1644-124-buy-it-now-9-99-/281195238332?pt=UK_Home_Garden_Bathroom_Show
er_Units_PP&hash=item41788ad3bc

Yes I needed what sounds like the same item not long ago; ebay was my
friend - is this the one?: http://tinyurl.com/pw6ez7u (or
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Shower-Han...Mira-Response-
411-23-Clamp-Bracket-/121185969035?
pt=UK_Home_Garden_Bathroom_Shower_Units_PP&var=&ha sh=item1c373f238b).

Whatever, ebay's brilliant for this sort of stuff. If you don't mind
waiting a bit, and you'd rather wait until someone lists a second-hand one,
set up a search on the site which will email you when someone does so.

--
David
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Lobster formulated the question :
ss grunted in :

[...]

That shows two completely different brackets in the photo, are they
supplying two?

The one I need is the top one in the photo, or rather just the C shaped
part that the head drops into.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1211859690...035%26_rdc%3D1

--
Regards,
Harry (M1BYT) (L)
http://www.ukradioamateur.co.uk

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Harry Bloomfield grunted in
. uk:

:

On 17/11/2013 18:15, Harry Bloomfield wrote:
Yes I know you can get the complete unit from Mira for around £30,
but it seems silly to pay that when I am neither that desperate,
nor when I only need one small plastic part of the whole
assembly...

Whatever, ebay's brilliant for this sort of stuff. If you don't mind
waiting a bit, and you'd rather wait until someone lists a
second-hand one, set up a search on the site which will email you
when someone does so.

That shows two completely different brackets in the photo, are they
supplying two?

The one I need is the top one in the photo, or rather just the C
shaped part that the head drops into.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1211859690...w.ebay.co.uk%2
Fsch%2Fi.html%3F_sacat%3D0%26_from%3DR40%26_nkw%3D 121185969035%26_rdc%3
D1

Bit odd - there's a drop-down menu to enable you to select which of the
two you want. Presumably done simply to save on ebay listing fees

--
David

Mira 88 Shower Question(s) Tyler UK diy 2 January 10th 08 01:46 AM
Removing Mira Shower Forestfan UK diy 4 August 20th 07 04:28 PM
Which Mira shower for a combi? [email protected] UK diy 7 June 23rd 06 09:00 AM
Combi and Mira 415 Shower john UK diy 1 November 9th 05 08:56 PM
Mira 415 Shower Steve7474 UK diy 7 September 22nd 05 06:33 PM